Hop To
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Written in another thread, but I want it here in my thread as well:

The government class simply believes that it is all theirs. They believe that they own all that you do not, all that you do, all that you make, and indeed you. They believe that the sovereign is absolute and that all is to be distributed, primarily amongst them, by or used by the leave of the sovereign.

Note how they refer to allowing you to keep a bit of your money by deferring a tax increase as an expense to them, and how they claim that taking and spending more is an investment. Any time that the government class' leaders claim that not taxing more is a cost, the are claiming all that you do not own, all that you do 'own', all that you make, and indeed you.

As important as are those words on parchment from 1215 and 1776 they can do nothing alone. We must perpetually and vigilantly enforce them and the laws that flow from them upon the government class or they will assuredly enforce their own laws upon us taking all that we do not own, all that we do 'own', all that we make, and indeed us.

Since January 20, 2009 only twice has the government class' taking been slowed. When we led by the NRA defeated Obama's gun control legislation, and then when Bundy and his supporters humiliated and forced those government class LEO thugs to retreat.

GB1

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
You spent a lot of time inside high school lockers didn't you?

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by isaac
You spent a lot of time inside high school lockers didn't you?

laugh

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Pat, just out of curiosity...

How would you have handled the orders to set up 1st Amendment areas and deploy your force of men based on a civil court order that came across your desk? This based on you being the head BLM Law Enforcement Ranger of the district in question?

Last edited by rockinbbar; 04/17/14.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Civil process and warrant service is the jurisdiction of the United States Marshals Service. I'd have my guys working on filing other cases.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 700LH
You're in denial.

Neither condemning nor condoning Bundy's actions, just comparing what one man has done to that of Gooberment agencies with hundreds if not thousands of supposedly educated trained men.

GOOD POINT!! wink

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Amazing how some people get so worked up by saying Bundy is getting a free ride by grazing cattle on public land.

But then look the other way as 12-20 million illegals cross into this country and take money and resources from this country.

Then think it's okay for the gobbermint to bailout Unions in Detroit with tax payers money.

Clearly, the problem with America is ...cows.

R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by FOsteology
Amazing how some people get so worked up by saying Bundy is getting a free ride by grazing cattle on public land.

But then look the other way as 12-20 million illegals cross into this country and take money and resources from this country.

Then think it's okay for the gobbermint to bailout Unions in Detroit with tax payers money.

Clearly, the problem with America is ...cows.

Yes, cows and turtles are at most either side's excuses to continue a very old fight about the balance of power between the sovereign and the individual or the people as a group of individuals.

This excerpted from JPFO:

Bundy Ranch Showdown Proves Militias
Can Stop Government Excesses

When gun rights advocates explain that the Second Amendment exists to protect the people's last-ditch means of stopping an out-of-control government, a common reply from those who favor oppressive gun laws is that civilians, with our small arms, would have no chance against a military superpower like the U.S. They tell us that with tanks, stealth bombers, supersonic fighter jets, drones, helicopter gunships, etc., the military would crush any resistance by the people. (Oddly, this argument has apparently not yet convinced the Taliban to quit fighting.)

Some go further than that, and point to the U.S. nuclear arsenal, apparently untroubled by the prospect of the government using nukes against American citizens, and willing to stay loyal to a government they believe capable of such monstrous evil.

The Bureau of Land Management's decision, one week ago today, to back away from a fight against Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy and the armed civilians (members of the unorganized militia) and Oath Keepers who stand with him must confound those who believe that military might is everything.

Yet that's exactly what happened. With militia members having filed in by ones and twos, but eventually adding up to a sizable force, the BLM's paramilitary enforcers decided that a dispute about where cattle graze was not worth orphaning their children, ostensibly to protect "endangered" desert tortoises.

In other words, the federal government had marched in there with no intention of leaving without their pound of flesh--and ended up leaving with badly bruised egos.

The issue here is that even if Bundy is wrong, enforcement of grazing fee requirements is not legitimately the work of heavily armed paramilitary forces. And the further issue is that for now, at least, when those paramilitary forces stared through their rifle scopes at armed private citizens staring back at them through their rifle scopes, it was the government's eyes that blinked, with no injuries except to the feds' pride.

http://jpfo.org/articles-assd04/bundy-stand-off-analysis.htm

[Linked Image]

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Rovering

The government class simply believes that it is all theirs. They believe that they own all that you do not, all that you do, all that you make, and indeed you. They believe that the sovereign is absolute and that all is to be distributed, primarily amongst them, by or used by the leave of the sovereign.

Note how they refer to allowing you to keep a bit of your money by deferring a tax increase as an expense to them, and how they claim that taking and spending more is an investment. Any time that the government class' leaders claim that not taxing more is a cost, the are claiming all that you do not own, all that you do 'own', all that you make, and indeed you.

As important as are those words on parchment from 1215 and 1776 they can do nothing alone. We must perpetually and vigilantly enforce them and the laws that flow from them upon the government class or they will assuredly enforce their own laws upon us taking all that we do not own, all that we do 'own', all that we make, and indeed us.

Since January 20, 2009 only twice has the government class' taking been slowed. When we led by the NRA defeated Obama's gun control legislation, and then when Bundy and his supporters humiliated and forced those government class LEO thugs to retreat.

http://www.sobran.com/reluctant.shtml

What if the Federal Government grossly violated the Constitution? Could states withdraw from the Union? Lincoln said no. The Union was �indissoluble� unless all the states agreed to dissolve it. As a practical matter, the Civil War settled that. The United States, plural, were really a single enormous state, as witness the new habit of speaking of �it� rather than �them.�

So the people are bound to obey the government even when the rulers betray their oath to uphold the Constitution. The door to escape is barred. Lincoln in effect claimed that it is not our rights but the state that is �unalienable.� And he made it stick by force of arms. No transgression of the Constitution can impair the Union�s inherited legitimacy. Once established on specific and limited terms, the U.S. Government is forever, even if it refuses to abide by those terms.

As Hoppe argues, this is the flaw in thinking the state can be controlled by a constitution. Once granted, state power naturally becomes absolute. Obedience is a one-way street. Notionally, �We the People� create a government and specify the powers it is allowed to exercise over us; our rulers swear before God that they will respect the limits we impose on them; but when they trample down those limits, our duty to obey them remains.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by Rovering

http://www.sobran.com/reluctant.shtml

What if the Federal Government grossly violated the Constitution? Could states withdraw from the Union? Lincoln said no. The Union was �indissoluble� unless all the states agreed to dissolve it. As a practical matter, the Civil War settled that. The United States, plural, were really a single enormous state, as witness the new habit of speaking of �it� rather than �them.�

So the people are bound to obey the government even when the rulers betray their oath to uphold the Constitution. The door to escape is barred. Lincoln in effect claimed that it is not our rights but the state that is �unalienable.� And he made it stick by force of arms. No transgression of the Constitution can impair the Union�s inherited legitimacy. Once established on specific and limited terms, the U.S. Government is forever, even if it refuses to abide by those terms.

As Hoppe argues, this is the flaw in thinking the state can be controlled by a constitution. Once granted, state power naturally becomes absolute. Obedience is a one-way street. Notionally, �We the People� create a government and specify the powers it is allowed to exercise over us; our rulers swear before God that they will respect the limits we impose on them; but when they trample down those limits, our duty to obey them remains.

Sobran, though, is not arguing that that is as it should be. He is just arguing that that is the sorry stat in which we post Lincoln and FDR find ourselves.

You jolted me with that out of context. That did not read like Sobran. I had to go read his whole article.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Why, after over 100 years of occupying & productively using BLM land, have the Bundy's not been allowed to purchase or homestead that land?

Islam is a terrorist organization.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Reid.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by isaac

After 2 federal court orders against him and a appellate affirmation, you really have nothing left but to appeal to the emotions of dumb [bleep] who think cows and moms are being hazed because of government frat boys. I can assure you the BLM guys were scared schitless. Dumb folks with guns,on either side, will instill that fear in anyone.

I'm going with the well settled law and against Bundy appealing to dumb asses. Allegiance to the law is kind of constitutional as well, ya' know.

How Bundy could be the hill for anyone is rather scary. I had always thought stupidity could clearly kill a schitload of our population but I never knew it would begin with our militia side of malcontents.

Actually, Isaac, I think Bundy is just throwing back some of the Marxist methods that have been used by .Gov for years. You know, the kind of stuff they do to win the media trial and railroad people. A great example is sending in a bomb squad to "dismantle" a dewat hand grenade with a number attached to the pin and a sign that says "Complaint Dept, take a number".

Seems like simple justice to me that after paying grazing fees for several years (something less than 100), that a family ought to have some right to securing ownership.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by luv2safari

You're in denial. Bundy brought some of this on to himself over 20 years. The Feds should have acted sooner and a bit more incrementally to avoid the debacle.

I have no use for the Feds and BLM the way they have evolved, but I live here and encountered "Bundys" all my life. They think they have their own little fiefdoms and deserve to rule public lands.

There are plenty of good honest hard working ranchers who work within the system, such as it is. I don't envy them at all, but they don't get their tit in the wringer like Bundy did.

The BLM, and worst...the Forest Service look at these lands as theirs, not ours, just like the Bundy-types do. The comparison is glaring.

What interest is served by the BLM holding these lands in perpetuity? And don't say "hunters" or any of the free-roaming kind of uses by the public because the BLM could probably get rid of every acre that is grazed and still own >1/3 of Nevada.

What is justice? I don't think it's paying grazing fees for centuries like a serf of 9th century Europe. Hell, the land probably isn't worth the net present value of the fees Bundy owes.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The bottom line of not only this matter of conflict, but many others that not only involve the ranching industry, but logging, mining, recreation and hunting is that the government IS closing public lands to the public.

The focus and the slant now focuses on what the environmentalists want done within a liberal administration that gives not even a second glace at historical usage and management of public lands, but caters to radical environmental groups and enforces their bidding to close the land and enforce those regulatory measures against the public.

Our government should be doing everything within their power to keep public land open so that free Americans can enjoy it as they choose, and industries that have made good use of the lands for more than 100 years can continue to do so.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
No. Americans have to drive cars and burn gasoline and destroy the earth to get there. wink

We should be staying home and saving our money- for .gov. and it's deadbeats.

Last edited by eyeball; 04/20/14.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
The bottom line of not only this matter of conflict, but many others that not only involve the ranching industry, but logging, mining, recreation and hunting is that the government IS closing public lands to the public.

The focus and the slant now focuses on what the environmentalists want done within a liberal administration that gives not even a second glace at historical usage and management of public lands, but caters to radical environmental groups and enforces their bidding to close the land and enforce those regulatory measures against the public.

Our government should be doing everything within their power to keep public land open so that free Americans can enjoy it as they choose, and industries that have made good use of the lands for more than 100 years can continue to do so.

i like to say it this way: The king and his nobles do not like the peasant trespassing on the king's forest or shooting his deer.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
The BLM was put in a nearly impossible position.

There are any number of competing interests for Federal Land, miners, ranchers, hunters, environmentalists, hikers etc. There are always going to be winners and losers because not everyone is going to get their way. The BLM is heavily criticized in some circles for allowing too much grazing and development of mineral and energy resources. In others, the BLM is criticized for not allowing enough.

This case happened to go against Bundy. The BLM worked peaceably for 20 years to get him to abide by the law and it didn't work. The BLM was (and is) being sued for not enforcing the Court Orders against Bundy. The Court Orders gave Bundy a chance to follow the law and remove his cattle that were trespassing on public land and he refused.

So then what, more court orders? The BLM decided to do the roundup themselves. Bundy said he "keeps firearms at his ranch" and promised to "do whatever it takes" to stop enforcement of the law. His wife said "I've got a shotgun," she said. "It's loaded and I know how to use it."

A militia member announced We�re going to go in there with force and we�re going to bail these people out

Sounds like threats of deadly force against the Law to me. Now I like guns. I've got lots of them. I just don't threaten to shoot cops.

The BLM has the responsibility to manage the land among competing interests, and law enforcement was tasked with protecting the ordered round-up. If an armed confrontation is promised, does anyone expect law enforcement to show up unarmed? Not in the real world. What made the difference in this case is not BLM enforcement of grazing rules, that happens all the time, it was that people were threatening the lives of people just doing their jobs.

Before threatening insurrection it would at least seem prudent to pick a guy who isn't openly breaking the law and saying foolish and delusional things like "I don't recognize the United States government as even existing."

Insurrection

A rising or rebellion of citizens against their government, usually manifested by acts of violence.

Under federal law, it is a crime to incite, assist, or engage in such conduct against the United States.

The American public doesn't want anarchy. This isn't over, and it shouldn't be. Violence isn't the solution, nor are threats of violence. To most people this doesn't make the militias look brave patriots, it makes them look like dangerous crackpots.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
To most people this doesn't make the militias look brave patriots, it makes them look like dangerous crackpots.

Perhaps. That is exactly the view Reid and his minions want you to take.

But it makes the BLM thugs that actually used violence look even worse to the people that are informed.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

634 members (10gaugeman, 1minute, 12344mag, 1_deuce, 1eyedmule, 1beaver_shooter, 71 invisible), 2,948 guests, and 1,274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,704
Posts18,456,820
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.