Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Big Dave, Reelman is the one that said cheat and he quoted me .....like I said we have a bunch of professionals here giving their wisdom.....we have no idea what Vortex and CL's deal is they we're advertised as damaged boxes...Vortex might have told them to direct the customer to them .....last time I bought something from Lowes, Homedepot, and even Walmart....after reading the instructions...it said if you have a problem do not take it back to the store....contact us....most that have given their professional opinion probably never work retail ....I Wish People had this much fight about Obamacare and what happening in our country than a $100 scope......

Men and Rivers are made crooked by the path of least resistance....!!!!!!!
GB1

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Maybe just maybe CL, Neil and Doug have lost customers from this post....?
Then they might not be out of stock next time I need some of their discounted damaged stock.....it is a full moon.....and looneys do show up during the full moon.....worked retail for 32 years at same place.....happens 12 times a year....has same effect on deer and fish.... And looneys ......
Archie Solomon

Men and Rivers are made crooked by the path of least resistance....!!!!!!!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I doubt this tantrum will deter their repeat customers that have become use great service and fair prices.

I hope potential customers will read the whole thread and see that the problem has been solved, just not instantly like the OP would have liked.

I've bought several times from them and have been satisfied each time. Without the deals they offer I wouldnt have gotten some of the higher $$ scopes otherwise.

Just hate to see them drug through the mud like this, but search the forums, the positive experiences far out weigh the negatives.

Enough on this....

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
The main thing that happened here is that Ring didn't get a good explanation as to what he needed to do. Should CL have immediately replaced the scope- in most cases, yes. This might have been a unique situation where it was as damaged box scope and sold at a discounted price. CL may not have been able to send him another damaged box scope anyway- they could have refunded his money or assumed that he would want a new scope as quickly as possible and acted accordingly. They probably should have made it a little clearer what they were doing. Did Ring specifically tell them that this was unacceptable and he wanted THEM to deal with Vortex? I don't know. I have a buddy that had a very similar situation to this happened (all the same players) He just wanted his money back and bought another brand.

I do think Ring jumped the gun on this and started a sh$tstorm a little too soon though.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Dennis
A little too soon? A LITTLE???

Azzhole was given a detailed explanation of why it worked to his advantage to go to Vortex and over a hundred dollar scope he went here?

Figure it this way... Azzhole to CL... CL to Vortex... Vortex to CL... And CL to Azzhole means four rides in the USPS truck at $15 a unit. And the scope is a C-note.

CL offered that cutting the route short would be faster and azzhole would get a new scope to replace the open-box unit... and this is "its" response?

A little too soon?

And the cockroaches thinking the CC company would do something for him at this stage?!?!

This is a headshaker of mega-proportion...
art

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Any manufacturer can have a defective product & sometimes it's a shipping issue. Many years ago I received a Leupold 6X42 scope from a vendor(don't remember who) & installed it on a rifle during a class I was teaching. I never looked through the scope since Leupold's never fail. After installation a student advised me the reticle was broken. I had planned to return to Leupold for a reticle change. As compensation Leupold installed a custom reticle no charge.
Back to the issue posted. I too have purchased many items from CL & always received excellent service. However, in this case CL missed the mark. They should have shipped a replacement scope.

Life Members SCI & NRA. NRA Instructor & RSO. What have YOU done to support hunting & gun rights?
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
vortex is taking care of the problem removing camera land from the equation. which seems to be exactly what camera land wants.
point... may be only 150 dollars. but it's my 150. I didn't find it in the street. I worked for it.
point 2
only after calling and getting gaffed off by Neil did I start this thread and only after this thread got started did camera land seem interested in doing what most agree would be decent
point 3
Sitka... you can go fk yourself. you don't know what your talking about or who to.

most people with half a brain realize that the retail operation has certain obligations.
I never asked for anything free from anyone.
I spent hard earned money for a metal pipe full of loose glass.

if a seller in the classifieds here posted a scope for sale, advertised as 100% and you received it broken you would contact the seller first.
is he told you to contact the manufacturer to fix the problem you'd be put off, no?
but disingenuous posters want to give camera land a free ride because they dont like my personality.
they don't like my tone, politics or religious stance so they convince themselves I am somehow deserving of poor service. or that because they have a larger budget then I do they my money is less important.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
We have only heard one side of this story and none of us heard the conversation between Neil and RW. Sometimes when i buy discount anything I realize part of the reason the price is discounted is because while warrantied, the seller keeps prices discounted with the understanding the warranty will be between the manufacturer and me. RW frustration in understandable.

"We are building a dictatorship of relativism which recoqnizes nothing as definitive and whose ultimate goal consists solely of ones own self ego and desires."Cardinal Rathzinger
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
here's the other side...
Neil..." do you have something to write with?"
RW " sure, what am I writing"
Neil " Vortex's phone number"

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Dennis
A little too soon? A LITTLE???

Azzhole was given a detailed explanation of why it worked to his advantage to go to Vortex and over a hundred dollar scope he went here?

Figure it this way... Azzhole to CL... CL to Vortex... Vortex to CL... And CL to Azzhole means four rides in the USPS truck at $15 a unit. And the scope is a C-note.

CL offered that cutting the route short would be faster and azzhole would get a new scope to replace the open-box unit... and this is "its" response?

A little too soon?

And the cockroaches thinking the CC company would do something for him at this stage?!?!

This is a headshaker of mega-proportion...
art

GFY

David

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Quite the informative thread, in many ways.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I arranged for a friend's wife to send Cameralandny 4k for a spotting scope to purchase his Xmas present. The deal went flawlessly. Fast shipping. Perfect product. Helpful service. Friend decided to exchange for a larger ocular piece. No problem. Neil was the guy who helped throughout this transaction.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ringworm
here's the other side...

Gentleman,
I apologize for the way this was handled.

Our agreement with the manufacturers we purchase from, in relation to initial defectives, is they will issue a pick up tag (either Fed Ex or UPS, whoever they use) and ship a replacement. This is the most efficient manner rather than us doing the replacement and having to get the defective unit back then ship that defective back to them and have them ship a replacement to us. It saves on time, shipping expenses and paperwork.

This being said, I have spoken with Neil this morning and explained to him that the proper way to handle this should have been for him to apologize for this situation, get RW's name, address, phone # and e-mail. Confirmed that a pick up tag would be sent to him along with a new scope.
Then Neil could have accessed his original receipt, Neil should have contacted Vortex (as the chain of how all this is done should not be the concern nor the interest of our clients) and taken care of this.

Moving forward this will be our method.

Again, I apologize for the poor way in which this was handled. We can only learn from this and attempt to improve from it.

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Ramblin_Razorback
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
Originally Posted by TopCat

But if you have an aversion to dealing with Vortex as a company, to the point that you don't want to deal with their CS department, it's likely not a great idea to buy one of their products in the first place.

Yep.

Because if you buy Vortex, you're going to deal with customer service. Awfully high rate of failure.

But yes, Cameraland should have taken the scope back, no questions asked. Not "send it to the factory".

Would you rather have Cameraland send you another demo scope (assuming they have one in stock) to replace the broken one, or talk/deal with Vortex with a high probability Vortex will send you a new scope? Consider the options in light of the experience with the demo.

I would rather run a toilet paper tube with yarn crosshairs than a Vortex.

Either way, it's Cameraland's scope to warranty.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I plan to purchase a pair of high end binocs soon. Hoping to find them as a demo or open box from cameralandny. I could make this purchase risk and hassle free and pay full suggested price at a high end retailer. I often buy local, but saving close to a grand certainly has some appeal. I liked Doug's responses to this thread.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by bonefish
I plan to purchase a pair of high end binocs soon. Hoping to find them as a demo or open box from cameralandny. I could make this purchase risk and hassle free and pay full suggested price at a high end retailer. I often buy local, but saving close to a grand certainly has some appeal. I liked Doug's responses to this thread.

+1 First choice before I buy any optics

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by bonefish

I liked Doug's last response to this thread. His first response not so much.

I've bought from Cameraland before and had no problem. The fact is that Ringworm was not treated as he should have been.

The apology has been given. It's time to kiss and make up.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've got no dog in this fight, but to say that the whole thing is a giant cluster is seriously understating the situation. Due to my zip code, practically everything I buy that is not perishable groceries or fuel comes through the USPS so I deal with issues like this on a fairly regular basis. If anyone thinks that CameraLand has been improper with their CS then I'd suggest you don't have a clue. If you buy enough items some will be broken for a variety of reasons. The more crap items you buy (read cheap Vortex scopes) the higher the rate of "broken" will be. That's a fact and complaining will not make the crap you buy any better. Maybe Doug should have mounted each Vortex scope on a rifle, shot each of them a few hundred times to insure their accuracy and then placed them in the box though I doubt Ringworm would have been satisfied as to their new condition. I doubt he could be content in this deal (irrespective of Camera Land's actions) regardless of what he says otherwise......

I find no fault in Camera Land on this deal and will happily deal with them again.

Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Suck bullets simply suck.

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Camaraland = my first choice.

MOLON LABE
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
Originally Posted by ringworm
here's the other side...

Gentleman,
I apologize for the way this was handled.

Our agreement with the manufacturers we purchase from, in relation to initial defectives, is they will issue a pick up tag (either Fed Ex or UPS, whoever they use) and ship a replacement. This is the most efficient manner rather than us doing the replacement and having to get the defective unit back then ship that defective back to them and have them ship a replacement to us. It saves on time, shipping expenses and paperwork.

This being said, I have spoken with Neil this morning and explained to him that the proper way to handle this should have been for him to apologize for this situation, get RW's name, address, phone # and e-mail. Confirmed that a pick up tag would be sent to him along with a new scope.
Then Neil could have accessed his original receipt, Neil should have contacted Vortex (as the chain of how all this is done should not be the concern nor the interest of our clients) and taken care of this.

Moving forward this will be our method.

Again, I apologize for the poor way in which this was handled. We can only learn from this and attempt to improve from it.

Been sitting on the sidelines on this but just had to comment. Having spent over 30 years in various service and sales roles I too have taken the "apology" and "future handling" route time to time. Sure there's always room for improvement but I, as a customer, would not have taken offense at Neil's handling of the incident. A quick call to Vortex would have had a replacement in motion just as quickly, maybe more so, than having Neil take on that task. Reputable manufacturers are prepared for product failures and resolution and can handle it in the most expedient manner. Personally speaking I see no reason here to not do business with you or Neil. This being by all descriptions a "used" product, and being replaced with a "new" product, just strengthens the argument. My 2 bits FWIW.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

635 members (10gaugeman, 1minute, 12344mag, 1_deuce, 1eyedmule, 1beaver_shooter, 70 invisible), 2,970 guests, and 1,267 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,702
Posts18,456,802
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.