-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I have started selling crap to fund the next pile of money to hook onto it.

I know most here are profoundly nikon or canon or nothing. ...but let me say that the pentax k5 I bought is impressing the heck out of me. I am hoping that the muskox will be back in a bit and I can get some good shots.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I took this at about 200 yards hand held. [Linked Image]

This was hand held at about 800 yards.

[Linked Image]

I wish I had a tripod for this shot. It too was hand held....good thing I spent those years as a welder.
[Linked Image]

and I was working on the slow shutter motion stuff....

[Linked Image]

They're barely moving here....but you'd never know it.

[Linked Image]

First hunt ever. Needs no explanation.

[Linked Image]

my youngest. ...

[img]http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z16/gyonemura/k5/IMG_26679535854525_zpsurcs6sfn.jpeg[/img]

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
High country
The only reason I didn't buy into the Pentax system is that here in Montana they aren't supported very well by the only two real camera stores in the western part of the state. I suspect that one gets more for their money in the Pentax system, and am quite sure that one certainly doesn't get less.
To me, wildlife photography is more about finding interesting animals and/or behavior, and then documenting it as best as you can. Almost never, shooting in the wild does everything fall into place. However, I'd rather have a decent shot of some rams milling around than one perfectly composed and exposed shot of a captive animal.
One thing that saves a lot of shots for me is iPhoto-It allows me to lighten shadows and darken white areas. I think most photo programs have a similar feature.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
It's hard to guess how much quality I gave up on these since they were uploaded to my photo bucket from my Facebook page, then transferred here....but no matter what, for the $500.00 I spent, I'm tickled.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

551 members (01Foreman400, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 1234, 58 invisible), 2,331 guests, and 1,235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,660
Posts18,455,690
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.