Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
lol Dwayne,

that's a great story!

am hopin you find the pix, if so, imho, it deserves a thread all its own.

Happy Easter to you and yours as well my friend!

I believe there's a moral to these stories.....critters can JUMP!

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Professionally designed and operated, but the fence/gate wasn't taken into consideration?

Stuff like that makes me giggle..

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I helped a guy put a fence around his orchard (only 1/2 acre) we welded the longest Tee posts we could buy together and pounded them in whilst standing on a platform stretched across a pickup bed. It then took two layers of horse wire. Whether they can jump this high or not is immaterial as they didn't try.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I was raised in northern Cal, north of Sacramento. There is a small range of mountains in the middle of the Sacramento Valley called the Sutter Buttes. The Buttes have gas wells all over them. The gas and oil companies have service roads to all the well and installed bump gates. Bump gates can raise hell with a pickup if you don't learn how to operate them, also if they are not in great repair lol. If you have to go thru pulling a trailer you better get out and hand open it and chain it back, seen a lot of stock trailers with bump gate dents lol.

Last edited by m_s_s; 04/19/14.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just want to see a 8' tall bump gate.
Show us a pic spankie, can you do that.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Well, IIRC and I don't have time to scroll back up right now, you said the pricing of a gate opener was out of line or too high or such. When its not.

I don't know what a cattle guard will cost you but we had a standard depth one built but 24 feet wide for our drive, with installation that was over 2000 as I recall. And you are looking at similar cost wise I"d suspect.

1.5 inch pipe AINT gonna cut it. I've seen 2 inch pipe bend under load. Unless you put all kinds of ibeams under it every 2 feet or so probably... even then I've seen em bend unless you get up to oil field 2 and 3/8 tubing at a minimum.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I would call Mossy Oak and have them make you some camouflage for your grapes. I'll bet the deer would walk right on by.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
The Feds and county here put in cattle guards made by PowderRiver, they cost 3 to 5 thousand, depending on size. Lol a solar gate opener is a hell of a lot cheaper.

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S

We are going with two electric gates.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
Professionally designed and operated, but the fence/gate wasn't taken into consideration?

Stuff like that makes me giggle..

Of course deer protection was taken into consideration. I figured about 20k. Looks like it will be considerably less if I use two gates.

I don't make detailed plans and spend money before the need arises. I have also taken into consideration frost protection and will probably have to install at least one wind machine at 30k. But am I going to go out and buy it now? Of course not, I'll buy it if and when it is needed. I have also taken into consideration bird protection. But am I going to go out and buy it now? Of course not, I'll buy it when it is needed. I have also taken into consideration a $4,000.00 water filter. But am I going to go out and buy it now? Of course not, I'll buy it when it is needed. I have also taken into consideration that I will need about 90 more miles of trellis wire. But am I going to go out and buy it now? Of course not, I'll buy it when it is needed. I could go on but maybe even you get the point.

This is a professionally designed, installed, and managed vineyard and I have the resources to fund it.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
We had a hunter come in through double bump gates once. .. Rich SOB.... rented a caddy in San Antonio and hit every bump gate on the way to the ranch I worked at in Rocksprings.

Buddy of mine laughed so hard when he got to camp, bumper was almost hanging off, one mirror gone, and dents all up and down the side.

Probably didn't help, or did, that he had managed about half a gallon of Vodka by the time he got there... felt sorry for his teenage son to see all that....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S

Decided against bump gates. Will use auto-electric. Out.

www.paracay.com

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Was not paying attention when I first saw this to whom had created the post, good luck Spanokopitas, sounds like your move from CA is working out for you.

Ignorance is not confined to uneducated people.

WHO IS
JOHN GALT?

LIBERTY!

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

70 members (Algotguns, 21, 808outdoors, 1973cb450, ATC, Bclark, 7 invisible), 1,415 guests, and 743 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,675
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.