Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Proud_Dad
The results of my efforts will be for others to measure, but for my part I will say I am trying...

My focus? I care less about the scores that students get on a test and more on the person they become.

You stole my thoughts! (Thanks for doing so; you expressed them better than I could.)

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Seafire
Well I'll break the pattern of sarcasm.. I was born in 1952.... despite all the ups and downs of life, I am surprised I am still here.. in as good of shape as I am...

If the Good Lord would grant me all of my wishes and desires, they would be to serve him, by serving the needs of my fellow Veterans in any capacity I could, especially in a medical environment....

trying to get on board with the VA in a capacity to do so...
definitely not for the money.. but to serve those that served us....

From what I know of you the VA thing is just one more of the many things you do to make this world a better place. If anyone here actually does make it better my vote would be you.

You inspire me.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I was not being sarcastic.

The first step to fixing the problems of the world is to not be one of the problems...

"There's no schadenfreude like Hillary Clinton schadenfreude."
- Tamara Keel
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Bloomberg's done enough for all of us. He has written the big sacrificial check. ;-{>8

I don't think God lets us know our real impacts.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sarcasm font WAYYYY on-

If only I could be more like Boxer...sigh.

Sometimes I need reminding of the person I don't want to be. I get that here.

LOL
IC B2

J
JDK Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
I would lie to think that the answer is YES.

I believe that my wife and I raised two sons that are self sufficient and can stand on their own two feet. They provide for their families and work in fields (engineering and merchant marine) that help make the world a little better.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Sometimes I need reminding of the person I don't want to be. I get that here.

I just found a new signature line!

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Yes, by marrying my wife and growing two fantastic daughters like her. How many people are married to someone smart enough to answer their own questions? :-)

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Scott F
Originally Posted by Seafire
Well I'll break the pattern of sarcasm.. I was born in 1952.... despite all the ups and downs of life, I am surprised I am still here.. in as good of shape as I am...

If the Good Lord would grant me all of my wishes and desires, they would be to serve him, by serving the needs of my fellow Veterans in any capacity I could, especially in a medical environment....

trying to get on board with the VA in a capacity to do so...
definitely not for the money.. but to serve those that served us....

From what I know of you the VA thing is just one more of the many things you do to make this world a better place. If anyone here actually does make it better my vote would be you.

You inspire me.

Gee thanks Scott... that kinda embarrasses me.... wasn't programmed in my house growing up to handle compliments...
somehow that didn't make the syllabus.....

Kinda learned a long time ago on my own... and watching others in their twilight moments... its not what you take with you in this world when your time comes.. it is what you left behind for others...

That is what I consider makes a person rich or not...

God gave me a life... and good, bad or indifferent...I owe him thanks for that life... I am reminded of my best friend growing up, giving his life for his country at 19 years old in Vietnam, several years after his father died over there as a helicopter pilot... or my brother who only lived to be 16....

or the many young men, whose gravestones I have read in military cemeteries all over the country and in Europe, who gave their lives for their nation and fellow citizens way too early....

God has blessed me with 25-30-35-40 more years than many of these young men were given.... why me and not them? only God knows, as it is in his plans...

but it taught me my value in this world, is not what I accomplish or gain... it is what I give to those that serve each of us and our nation...regardless of their age or when they served our country...

I only see this as for me.. but it is the path I have chosen, and it rewards me with personal 'riches', that all the money in the world couldn't buy.. I just hope it makes my creator know the appreciation I have for what he has given me...

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Well,...the government is taking approximately half of my earnings through taxes,...so I suspect that I'm contributing to making the world worse

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I do my part

mostly at home or at the cabin

so I can stay out of the way of the ones that are attempting to make the world a better place

through Obamacare

"safer" gun laws

higher taxes

etc.

what a swell bunch of dolts those folks are

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Well,...the government is taking approximately half of my earnings through taxes,...so I suspect that I'm contributing to making the world worse

laugh laugh laugh

LOL
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Can't answer it on our end. Only on Gods is my guess.

All I know is we probably should have worked harder for more money, but have had more satisfaction helping folks when they need it. Doing what we could. Building home, fences, moving folks, all kinds of country help as needed. And we've been fortunate to recieve same in return at times.

Just saved a gal over 1000 they wanted to charge to move from one house to another. Took us the time to drive over with 2 trialers, and about 2.5 hours of time for the wife, myself and my nephew.

I don't know that it makes the world any better. But sure is nice to be nice to friends and neighbors.

I'd wager that volunteer fire/ems probably does somewhat qualify for making the world better. Sure wished that pager had not gone off in the middle of the move last night, but it did and we finished that move this morning instead....Lord was with us though, we'd gotten it all to the new house and were able to back the last trailer into the garage and disconnect which was good. We ran the call without pulling a trialer to the station and it rained some... so the stuff stayed dry and my wife stayed to help unload what they could without us 2 guys.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can't tell - who knows? As Steelhead says - I feel it is one part of the "beauty of life". I do feel commanded and compelled to try. But, am sure glad that eternity does not depend on how well (or not) I do here.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Steelhead
One never knows, that's the beauty of life.

Originally Posted by 4ager
Who am I to judge that question or my answers to it?

Two of the best answers so far.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I get possessed with a wildhair on occasion and go out and plant a few trees.

that action is sometimes counter-balanced by cranking the old Polan and going out and sawing down a few trees.

each doing our individual parts can have a positive or negative influence on the collective, no doubt.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Have you made, or are you making the world a better place?

Yes.

Racists don't make the world a better place. They're losers and breed hate which does the world no good

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
killed some commies
caught some crooks
saved some lives
helped my wife raise some good kids
taught some good guys how to mess w/ bad guys
brought joy to all I met, except bad guys and commies
yep

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
surprised more people havent mentioned volunteer work. Or maybe people dont volunteer much. I think that is one of the ways I make the world a better place. I am a firearm safety training instructor, president of my local Pheasants Forever chapter (which does a lot of youth and habitat activities), board member of a local sportsmens club, member of a number of conservation orgs, on the finance team at church, take care of the kids in the church nursery, and probably the biggest thing is i never pass a kid's lemonade stand without stopping and buying a lemonade.

And then I am raising my 3 kids to be conservative little hunters and fishermen! Oh, and almost forgot this, i am Vikings, Twins, and Gophers fan which obviously makes this world a better place!

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
From what I understand, It'll be a great place once I leave it!

I did manage to help a family keep their home once. I had to borrow from my employer at the time and work for almost a year at half my wages to pay it back but their still in that home to this day. anonymous donation.

AND I got to help a family of cats abandoned when a family lost their home and left without the cats! I've fed em and kept em alive for 4 years. The neighborhood wants em all dead so i recently found a place they could go.

When I was young and healthy I was in my own little world that didn't include sharing and caring! Once I got older and disabled I realized sharing and caring is all there is!

When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns! (from a 1960's bumper sticker)
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (22kHornet, 1OntarioJim, 224th, 222Sako, 204guy, 222ND, 37 invisible), 1,974 guests, and 1,110 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,065
Posts18,463,483
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.