Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
The State Department will delay its decision on whether to allow construction of the Keystone XL pipeline until it has a clearer idea how legal challenges to the pipeline�s route through Nebraska will be settled, sources briefed on the matter said Friday.

The final decision may now be pushed back until after the congressional midterm elections in November.

An interagency review led by the State Department was scheduled to be completed in two weeks but has been extended, said the people briefed on the matter, who did not want to quoted by named until the matter was publicly announced.

The review is looking at whether the 1,700-mile pipeline, which would move crude oil from Alberta, in Canada, to the Gulf Coast, is in the national interest. Secretary of State John Kerry will make that decision, but President Obama will have final approval if any of the departments involved in the review disagree.
In February, a Nebraska district court blocked the governor�s decision to allow the pipeline to pass through the state, putting the pipeline�s route into question.

The decision has been appealed to the State Supreme Court, and a ruling there is unlikely to come before the end of the year.

TransCanada, the company hoping to build the pipeline, may also have to reapply for a permit to build it through Nebraska.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
GB1

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
API for .gov

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by bea175

The final decision may now be pushed back until after the congressional midterm elections in November.

After the midterm elections, it will go back under review for about 24 months.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I'm shocked.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
libtard make work = money and wasted time on our dime!

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So much for job creation and independence from Middle Eastern oil! Way to go Nobama

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Bammy has never had any intention of approving this pipeline.

His approach has been to string people along since day one with "studies," all the while catering to the whims of his leftist base.

Keep your gun-hand ready and your eyes peeled.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Hawk_Driver
So much for job creation and independence from Middle Eastern oil! Way to go Nobama

Keystone is NOT getting us one inch closer to independence from ME oil. It's going to the gulf FOR EXPORTATION!

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

Keystone is NOT getting us one inch closer to independence from ME oil. It's going to the gulf FOR EXPORTATION!

I can tell you have a lot of experience refining and shipping oil products. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Wait until another train crashes and burns down yet another town because of Obama's delays, because Buffet needs to make more billions.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Wait until another train crashes and burns down yet another town because of Obama's delays, because Buffet needs to make more billions.

+1

http://pin.it/_WJQ2xO

and FREE EYEBALL!
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Build that sumbich around Nebraska. ...more pipe is more work!

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

I can tell you have a lot of experience refining and shipping oil products. Hasbeen

Doesn't change the facts. Not 1 inch closer to oil independence.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Warren Buffet owns the Rail Road company that is tankering the Oil. He looses a lot of money if they build it, so just follow the money!

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You can count on Barackwards NOT to do whatever is good for the USA.

Americans First!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Follow the money? You betcha...

http://twitchy.com/2014/04/18/bough..._medium=twitter&utm_campaign=twitter

Starting with Tom Steyer's millions.

Up here the term, "Ethical Oil", has caught on.

http://www.ethicaloil.org/

The theme is, the US can get its oil from the likes of Venezuela, Nigeria or middle eastern nations, where democracy and freedom are a joke, as are labor standards, and virtually non-existent environmental standards, not to mention where western nations, and most certainly America, are considered by most as the enemy. And God only knows how much of the money they get for their oil gets funneled into terrorist activities to that end.

Or America can get its oil from Canada, its best friend and ally in the entire world, who shares its values of democracy and freedom, has fought along side them in wars against tyranny and injustice, and whom will always be there with them when the chips are down, come hell or high water. Not to mention the toughest environmental laws on the planet.

Five years and five studies giving this project five green lights to get on with it.

So, what part of all this doesn't Obama get, yet??????

You just cannot make up bull**** like this.

Last edited by sir_springer; 04/18/14.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The emperor strikes back as he and his party are beholding to the enviro-wackos. It comes at no surprise that the delay just goes past the midterms. If he is ever going to approve it, it will be soon after so the global warming firestorm can die down before 2016.
Its not about saving "mother earth", its about saving the democrat party.

Last edited by bigwhoop; 04/18/14.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
He's gonna get petro-religion in October and save the senate for the dems.

Course most Americans know he's a liar, now.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman

yep, every month i see more and more trains coming through that are nothing but tanker cars

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
This decision speaks volumes as to who our emperor holds in higher esteem.
Obviously the enviro-wackos hold more sway than the American economy.
This additional delay is another reason why this economy will continue to have a tepid recovery.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

513 members (17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 204guy, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 47 invisible), 2,658 guests, and 1,249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,597
Posts18,454,376
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.