Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 22 of 31 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 30 31
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
The whole issue is a month after returning an $1800 rifle the OP couldn't even get an update about what was going on. He deserved at least a nice E-mail within the first week that they got it and an apology and estimate on when it would be fixed.

Had that happened, this thread would have never existed.

Last edited by R_H_Clark; 06/07/14.
BP-B6

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I never debated that.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
I am pretty sure Battue is an every! LMAO smile

Ha!!!! Coming from someone who has bought just about every shotgun out there!!!! LMWIAO (Laughing my white Irish ass off) grin

�.and if Battue had bought this rifle the dealer would have taken it back and I would have been done with it. The longer I'm around, the more buying used guns and cars makes sense. However, have to admit it has taken more than a few mistakes to arrive. frown

laissez les bons temps rouler
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by DINK
It doesn't matter if Mel has say so or not about Forbes rifles. If you let someone put your name on a rifle you are going to held accountable for it. Good or bad.

Who ever is running Forbes is screwing the pooch. If Mel is making any money or owns stock in the company he better be paying attention.

There are only so many guys that will spend $1500ish on a rifle and a bunch of us have read this thread. I won't be buying a Forbes just like a won't play Kimber Roulette. I can't afford it.

Dink

Bingo. Pretty simple concept really.

So you're no longer appalled that Melvin Forbes hasn't stepped in personally to fix this, it's just that "If you let someone put your name on a rifle you are going to held accountable for it. Good or bad."

180 degrees is a pretty simple concept too.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Is that trainer still hypoxic from staring at you self proclaimed magnificent gluteus?

IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
no doubt RL SHOULD NOT have received this rifle the way it was and should have received an answer to his email after they had it a while but give them time to fix it .....even the campfires beloved leupold scopes takes a few weeks to repair and fix

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I don't know about all that but she was breathless. Young women are just animals, I tell you.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Remember it can always get worse. wink

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
LOL, not in this man's Army........

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Trijicon took 5 weeks to fix an out out of box failure for me.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Does anyone know how many "bad rifles" have been sold? If it is a mere handful then I don't really see the (so called big problem)and all the judgement being cast.

I suggest every other poster on this thread buy one and see what the % is good to bad. Hope I am an other as the hunting camp needs a new roof more then I need a new rifle.

I think it's been established that the failure to extract is not an isolated instance, and should have been dealt with in production and QC.

Bedding, fit and finish seem to be all over the map.. But in this case (trigger group against it's mortise) even if a one-off issue and totally aside from the hatchet job inletting, it should not have cleared QC.

I'm taking off again at the end of this week for some R&R, and requested that the rifle be in my hands before I leave.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
What's it been? 6 weeks?

Not a long stretch in the gun world. Why they can't communicate is certainly troubling and disappointing though.

You'd think they'd grab a new 7-08 off the line, check it over real good, and send it to RL with a box of fuggin' chocolates.

I'm gonna send them my r�sum�. They need help. smile

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by MadMooner
I'm gonna send them my r�sum�. They need help. smile

Wonder how long it will take to get a response? laugh

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
If given the option between a higher salary or stock options, I'd take the salary...

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Rancho Loco I think you have had the patience of a saint with this. I doubt I would have. More then likely I would have done as Battue said and returned it to the LGS.

I was asking the question not to be a wiseazz. But because I don't know what numbers we are talking about in the overall picture. Clearly they have issues that need to be addressed. I agree 100% that someone (may be Mel, may be not) should have given you a straight answer on day one.

I really hope they workout these problems, and make your situation right.

S
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
[quote=MontanaCreekHunter]Does anyone know how many "bad rifles" have been sold? If it is a mere handful then I don't really see the (so called big problem)and all the judgement being cast.

I suggest every other poster on this thread buy one and see what the % is good to bad. Hope I am an other as the hunting camp needs a new roof more then I need a new rifle.

I think it's been established that the failure to extract is not an isolated instance, and should have been dealt with in production and QC.

Bedding, fit and finish seem to be all over the map.. But in this case (trigger group against it's mortise) even if a one-off issue and totally aside from the hatchet job inletting, it should not have cleared QC.

I'm taking off again at the end of this week for some R&R, and requested that the rifle be in my hands before I leave.
[/quote

One of the two I had experienced the trigger group hitting the mortise as well. I actually wish I would have filled the mag box and saw whet here they had ftf issues also.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MadMooner
What's it been? 6 weeks?

Not a long stretch in the gun world. Why they can't communicate is certainly troubling and disappointing though.

I agree on both counts.. In this case the second makes the first hard to take.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Rancho Loco I think you have had the patience of a saint with this. I doubt I would have. More then likely I would have done as Battue said and returned it to the LGS.

Funny thing about that.. I called the LGS where I bought it, explained the present sitch, and asked what I needed to do to get my money back.. Guy I talked to said he would make a call and see what was up. Forbes returned his call, evidently..

LGS guy said I would be getting it back by the end of last week, and as for a return, he could do a trade in, but not for the price sold.

I just let it go, since it was a phone conversation. Believe me, if it were F2F, there would have been reservation quality fireworks going off.

FTR, this is a very well known, established and regarded LGS, who has just lost a lot of respect from my position.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
rancho Loco that sucks the LGS isn't standing behind the products they choose to sell. I wonder how that would really play out face to face with them. I think if you pushed it and stayed rational they would refund total. It is a shame that it would even need to come to that.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I don't think the kid really had a clue about the reality of the situation..

My having a little chat with the owner would have reversed his course pretty quickly, I'm sure.

I think it's just getting to the point that receiving good retail CS is a surprise now days.

Page 22 of 31 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 30 31

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
633 members (12344mag, 1234, 257Bob, 06hunter59, 257man, 007FJ, 71 invisible), 2,972 guests, and 1,295 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,664
Posts18,399,333
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.