Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
bcraig Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Just curious about the classifieds here and Anyway to tell who are involved in Firearms buisness here?
Gun shops,Pawn shops,sporting goods etc.

Never really thought about it much (and dont know that it matters !)
But when I see the same people selling items all the time it leads me to believe they are in the gun/sporting goods buisness and not just selling off their personal items.

Faster horses,Younger women,Older Whiskey,More money

GB1

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
If it's important to you, I suppose you should ask the question of whomever is offering something you want.

"Smile, God loves you!"
B
bcraig Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Yeah I guess you are right.
Just curious,been here for many years,just didn,t know If there was something there to tell if dealer or not and I just wasn,t aware of it yet.
I often see in other classifieds (newspapers,etc where it says '"for sale by dealer or for sale by individual"

Faster horses,Younger women,Older Whiskey,More money

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
There are no clues that I'm aware of.

But maybe I'm just "clueless". smile smile smile

"Smile, God loves you!"
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
They are the ones asking retail prices where as you can tell who isnt a dealer by asking 20% above retail!!

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Actually, you learn by observing over a period of time. There are several here who acquire for resale, not for personal use. They may sell elsewhere, but you pick up information from their deals.

Other than that, I have seen no resource that identifies them and most do not intentionally disclose their commercial activities.

OTOH, you may also notice a few regulars who are very active simply because they love guns. I watch for offerings from some of them because they have great taste. smile

Last edited by Anjin; 04/19/14.

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

OTOH, you may also notice a few regulars who are very active simply because they love guns. I watch for offerings from some of them because they have great taste. smile [/quote]

Uh-oh We've been had!

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
"Gun shops,Pawn shops,sporting goods etc.". I was on the other side of the coin. I figured they buy here and resale higher elsewhere.

“There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don’t care who gets credit.” R. Reagan
yar Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If your want to know just ask them. I haven't seen many that I thought were dealers

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by yar
If your want to know just ask them. I haven't seen many that I thought were dealers

You might be blind also. There are more than a few here that are dealers, some as a hobby and many more as a full time business.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If they have their FFL, that might be a good indication. If they state your FFL needs to be able to accept from an individual, that is another indication.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Myself, I could care less whether a fellow who comes here, displays and describes an item/product correctly and factually, provides pictures states a price for which he will sell, answers PM's promptly, then delivers said product in a timely fashion, and makes good on refunds if items are not as described, is a "dealer" or not.

And a shout out to the guys on this forum. I've done a couple hundred transactions here and on Accurate Reloading. I'm sure I may get burned one day, but so far, an amazing group of guys, definitely a "cut above".

Best,

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
I sold a bunch of bullets here for a while and built up a little cash account as well as a bunch of bullets for me. But I'm probably like most here that advertise long guns time to time; just never satisfied with what I have. Something always comes along I want just a little more than what I have. For example, the other day I realized that in my search for a 30-06 bolt gun over the last couple of years I was on my 5th one before ever firing a single 30-06 round. And at that I only fired about 6 rounds or so thru it and now it's up for sale because a Finnlight caught my eye!! Same with my purchase obsession with the 6.5x55. Had a Ruger 77 that had characteristics I didn't care for so sold it even though it shot well and had drawn blood. So in a spurt of lust I suddenly had 2 Featherweights, a T3, and a CZ all in Svede and all at the same time. Sold all but 1 FTW and now it's for sale so I can fund some other stuff. And I've never fired a shot thru it or any other I acquired after the Ruger. It's a lot like the shopper in a food market walking round and round the banana table looking for that one perfect bunch only to pick up and put down time after time. That is until that one perfect bunch of bananas is found. This disease is a one man epidemic I tell you, an epidemic.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There ain't no perfect bunch of bananas wink

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
I often say,
I'm just one rifle away from being satisfied.

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by geedubya

I'm just one rifle away from being satisfied.

Aren't we all grin

NRA Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bcraig
Just curious about the classifieds here and any way to tell who are involved in Firearms business here?

Check their posts. While they might not have a store front, they certainly conduct a lot of their business in the classifieds.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by GeoW
There ain't no perfect bunch of bananas wink

LOL,not for gun traders anyhow.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sometimes by the asking price......sometimes......

I am the way, the truth, and the life: no one comes to the Father but by me. John 14:6
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Just ask. If they will pay your price or if you will pay their price it really doesn't make a rats !#&!

"I knew it! I am surrounded by a##holes" (Spaceballs)
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

665 members (10ring1, 1234, 19rabbit52, 1badf350, 007FJ, 12344mag, 60 invisible), 2,730 guests, and 1,308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,694
Posts18,456,642
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.