Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BuzzH
Dog Hunter,

I thought you qualified for the NR Native License?

Are you out of the RS BLM Office?

I was born on a Naval Base outside of the state. When my folks got out of the service they moved back home. They didn't pay MT taxes those years, so that disqualified me.

The other side of the Come Home to Hunt law (the full price, but guaranteed tags) would require me to have a resident blood relative sponsor hunter with me in the field at all times. My mom doesn't hunt anymore and couldn't get to where the critters are anyhow. I don't have any other living family in the area.

I talked to the MFWP for quite a while one day and we just couldn't find a way for my particular situation to meet the required criteria.

No big deal really since there's always left over licenses lately, though it would be nice to get them really cheap. I'm not too concerned.

Yes, I am out of the RS BLM office.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Drew an archery permit for the breaks, now; let the map sessions begin! Never hunted the eastern side of MT which is a little odd given my home. Should be an adventure for sure! Anyone ever archery hunted the 620-622 regions?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Dog_Hunter
Originally Posted by BuzzH
Dog Hunter,

I thought you qualified for the NR Native License?

Are you out of the RS BLM Office?

I was born on a Naval Base outside of the state. When my folks got out of the service they moved back home. They didn't pay MT taxes those years, so that disqualified me.

The other side of the Come Home to Hunt law (the full price, but guaranteed tags) would require me to have a resident blood relative sponsor hunter with me in the field at all times. My mom doesn't hunt anymore and couldn't get to where the critters are anyhow. I don't have any other living family in the area.

I talked to the MFWP for quite a while one day and we just couldn't find a way for my particular situation to meet the required criteria.

No big deal really since there's always left over licenses lately, though it would be nice to get them really cheap. I'm not too concerned.

Yes, I am out of the RS BLM office.

Dog Hunter,

I just wasnt sure if you knew about the NR Native tags...

My work partner and I stopped in briefly at the RS BLM Field office about 10 days ago. Parked a trailer and a set of bikes there for about a week.

Also, drew a NR breaks rifle bull permit...second one in 4 years. I never drew a bull permit when I was a resident there.

Last edited by BuzzH; 04/21/14.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nice job on the Breaks tag. Being able to kill 3 elk a year here in WY plus some hot spots I know of in Idaho, I don't see the need to pay NR prices in MT. In your situation though, qualifying for the cheap tags, it makes perfect sense.

I don't remember seeing a trailer with bikes parked in the parking lot. Did you park them in front? I was there after hours and a couple of Sundays too. I guess I am not too observant.

Good luck with that Breaks tag.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
On second thought I do vaguely remember a trailer parked in the parking lot, but it was more than 10 days ago. I think. Maybe not...I dunno.

IC B2

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

148 members (35, 2UP, 69sportfury, 300jimmy, 16 invisible), 1,372 guests, and 916 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,718
Posts18,457,134
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.