-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 14 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well, I recently dealt with ringworm here, bought a Leupold scope of all things. 100% as described, and the price was a bargain.

Cameraland is a great company, always took great care of me. In this case I would have wanted them to send out another scope on their dime and I'd send the defective one back.
Who the heck wants to deal with sending a just-purchased product back to the manufacture?...get serious. That's bad business.

C-land screwed up here. It probably doesn't happen much, they are a 1st class dealer, but it happened here.
Kudos to Doug for the public apology.

GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I've never been in a New York City State of mind.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Sounds just like Walmarts policy with Firearm sales.

If you have a problem, don't come to us, go to the Manufacturer.

Their Store, their rules. The policy is prominently posted for all to see at the Gun Counter. If CL has this policy posted clearly on their Site, I see no issue. If they don't, it should be on them.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What seems to be lost in all this falderol is that Mf'gers frequently build product that are available only for a short time...seasonal Christmas & T-Day labled specials in food & clothing items, Valentines & Mothers Day for wimmen folk, closeouts on disc'd goods, damaged and repaired stuff, Blems like Nosler(SPS)/Sierra(Graf)/Hornady(Midway)...in '83 or '84 I sold all I could get in SAKO 2700's (Ltd Quantity production run high gloss Deluxe grade blue w/oil finished old style square forend stocks in 4 calibers only to clean up an overstock of the Deluxe barreled actions) and 2 of us wiped out the plant in Rihimaaki 6 months ahead of Plan. 3 months later I had dealers screaming for more at the discounted closeout prices that 2700's were when they had been told to order as many as they expected to get with no reorders available ...and these kind of goods are heavily discounted by the Mfg'ers and the smart retailers pass on the discounts based on the cost forwarded by the Mfg'er.

So when said Retailer sells out of that particular seasonal/limited quantity/ disc'tnd product for any reason THEY AIN'T NO MORE AND AIN'T GONNA BE NO MORE ON THE SHELF in case someone needs a replacement at the Point of Sale....but in this case there was a solution at Vortex Customer Service in Wisconsin.

Having said all that, I stand behind the "Executive Decision" Neil made to help his customer achieve the best possible outcome by referring RW to Vortex's CS Unit...and Wallah!!! Vortex had a NIB unit they would have been willing to ship to RW AT NO CHARGE. I wish all my gun & hook dealers would have been so efficient.

Same song 2nd verse is what's gonna happen with the guys in the new store Midlothian in this same exact deal...'cause I don't believe Skylar has anymore authority for a 1st Request Cash refund without having the scope in hand than Neil does & given his usually smaller On Hand Inventory most likely given the same advice IF the Customer still wanted what he'd ordered...but I could be wrong. I'd bet you'll never see a this kind of double discount available even at the new and larger facility. SWFA's Business Paradign, based on my observations, do not allow for it as they are not being OFFERED the deals from Mfg'ers that CLNY is, with their much lower Sale Volume and Market Penetration.

Remember I WAS Sporting Goods Distributor once upon a time...and worked at the largest & oldest (1854 to 1982) one in Dallas and put most if not all of the Dallas area retailers in business at one time ...but that's another story. FWIW this statement is not a slur on the guys in Ellis County in any way ...it is just a simple statement of fact at this time. I look to see SWFA becoming a much larger but more multifaceted Retailer...and right now is mebbe the best source for Rings & Mounts and other assorted shooting items as well as their line of TacShooter Optics and related stuff etc I know of...but they ain't close to being in the same league volume wise as CLNY no way no how..and because this is a Price Related Buying Decision Issue to begin with...yadda yadda.

SO RW FWIW ...Please go shop SWFA's "Sample List" and see how that works for you...kudos to Dr Phil...'cause I haven't found a steal of a deal in any thing but oneseytwoseys at most.
Ron

Last edited by verhoositz; 04/19/14.

TIME FOR TERM LIMITS !!!! Politicians are just like diapers, they need to be changed often and regularly for the same reason...Robin Williams.
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Originally Posted by ringworm

maybe my Southern accent lead him to think I was some hick to be rolled on.

I had a very similar incident about five years ago and got the same treatment. It must have been my funny European accent.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by pigster
Originally Posted by ringworm

maybe my Southern accent lead him to think I was some hick to be rolled on.

I had a very similar incident about five years ago and got the same treatment. It must have been my funny European accent.

piglatin?......sorry. <grin>

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by verhoositz
Having said all that, I stand behind the "Executive Decision" Neil made to help his customer achieve the best possible outcome by referring RW to Vortex's CS Unit...and Wallah!!! Vortex had a NIB unit they would have been willing to ship to SW AT NO CHARGE. I wish all my gun & hook dealers would have been so efficient.

Baloney. Neil made an executive decision to get out of the work of replaceing the scope. Neil's choice was not "the best possible outcome" and it was made with no regard to the client's preferences. The best possible outcome would have been to send ringworm another scope ASAP.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That is exactly right. $100 or $1000 it should have been replaced from in-house stock immediately.

You guys willing to deal with a third party with a just-received product are 100% suckers.
I've always viewed Cameraland's service and staff as THE BEST in the business. Hopefully this won't happen again.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
There were two options:

1. Cameraland could have requested RW send his scope (with them sending him a shipping label) to them and they would have sent him another display/damaged/etc scope. It would have cost them shipping back to them then shipping to Vortex. RW would have been out nothing and would have received a scope equal to what he purchased.

2. Cameraland could have requested RW contact Vortex who would have had him ship the scope to them (Vortex covering shipping) and sent him a NEW scope. It would have cost Camerland nothing extra on the shipping, RW would have been out nothing and would have received a NEW scope of greater value than the one he purchased.

I like efficiency and common sense. I'm not big on the "my feelings were hurt because I wanted it this way" stuff.

Now consider this, in the future if all of Camerland's dealing with Vortex (or any manufacturer) run a risk of them having to pay return shipping, shipping back to the manufacturer, and shipping for a second item to the purchaser, who do you think is going to carry this cost in the end product price? Maybe that Vortex was so attractively priced because of how warranty issues were handled... Think common sense and efficiency. RW is coming out better with Vortex sending him a new scope than he would have been receiving another demo/damaged box scope.

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
I left on the 16th for a hunt, and came back today to find this CF3 of a thread. No wonder some long-time members are swearing off the Campfire.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
IC B3

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
If this post keeps going there will be only a few not on my ignore list.....give it a rest Guy's....we were all on the same team.....Rick ...or Moderator... Needs to stop this...
Archie Solomon

Men and Rivers are made crooked by the path of least resistance....!!!!!!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This is exactly why i don't get my salsa from New York City...

Last edited by grovey; 04/19/14.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
I left on the 16th for a hunt, and came back today to find this CF3 of a thread. No wonder some long-time members are swearing off the Campfire.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Mule Deer - You nailed it. This is incredibly petty.

SCI Life Member
DAV Life Member
NRA Life Member
North American Hunt Club Life Member

Your true character shows in your conduct

You cannot solve a problem at the same level of awareness that created it - Einstein
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
only thing I got of any use out of this thread is that when I need optics I will check out cameraland first. all the rest was a goat rope.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ringworm should be thankful that his replacement is coming directly from Vortex, because if I were Neil and had to mail him another after seeing this thread, I would rub my ass on it.

LOL

This thread will take it's place among other legendary idiotic Campfire threads and be known as the "Battle of the used $100 Vortex"

Ringworm takes on corporate giant CLY.

Shots fired-- 110,000
Deaths-- 0
wounded---- 6 vaginas.

Just kidding. Figured everyone could use a laugh. grin

The worm gets a new scope and Doug has been a gentleman. All is right with the world.

Time to bitch about something else.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
Ringworm should be thankful that his replacement is coming directly from Vortex, because if I were Neil and had to mail him another after seeing this thread, I would rub my ass on it.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Damn that's nasty.

27 seconds is all I could watch.

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P

This thread will take it's place among other legendary idiotic Campfire threads and be known as the "Battle of the used $100 Vortex"

Are we talking about principals or money? Would it sway your opinion if I sad my case was over a $1250+SH Zeiss Victory 2.5-10x50. And nor Camera Land nor Zeiss USA sent me a replacement scope of any kind. All I wanted from them is to send me the agreed upon and paid for product and not the lower end Zeiss Classic what I have received in the box of a Victory scope.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Well that sucks.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I'm with Doug, Neikl, and Cameraland.

Period.

Roger

NRA Life

CRPA Life
Page 7 of 14 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

159 members (5sdad, 2ndwind, 17CalFan, 907brass, 257_X_50, 26 invisible), 1,926 guests, and 1,011 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,499
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.