Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
F
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
F
I think the title pretty much sums it up. I'm wondering what you guys do or use to keep your lrf in close proximity do it's easy to use, but mostly what you do after you use it to keep it out of the way of the string?

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
First And Only Coues Was But A Dink ......

I left you advice on you're so-called Unit 9 "fortune" and also the "spring black bear miracle" you've pulled off Yet, I'm just dumfounded by your "luck without precedence" and so-called "knowledge".

So, when your weird inquisition came forth about "where to position a range finder" came to being, I knew for certain that you're nothing more than a "want to be" in terms of professionalism.

If you want to keep your range-finder functional but yet "out of the way", then hold it to one side or the other of your chest and not to be confused with your binocular strap(s), but yet in quick reach, lest your client need to know precise archery range.

**IDIOT***

F
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
F
How do I go about ordering a Russian bride?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by firstcoueswas80
How do I go about ordering a Russian bride?

That I wouldn't know.

But, since you're young-and-dumb and with a hard phallic indicator, I'm sure you can figure that out.

However, if you need some hands-on experience in Arizona and Unit 9 archery bull elk in specific, let me know. Or, any other elk unit or any other hunt pertaining to any other specie, especially desert bighorn sheep or whitetails or, Arizona Strip mulies.

Mav

F
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
F
I would love to see some of these elk, sheep, coues etc you've killed or guided to... Honest, let's see pictures.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[quote=firstcoueswas80]I would love to see some of these elk, sheep, coues etc you've killed or guided to... Honest, let's see pictures. [

Hunter-Dreamer Want to Be:

Pick a location in the Anthem area or North Scottsdale area and I'll gladly meet-up with you, face-to-face. Believe me, I have almost five (5) decades of extreme hunt results in Arizona, alone. I'd be more than happy to meet with you at the location of your choice and a talk about actual field experience and also to show you a literal catalog of actual kills.

Mav

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Darn. Two weird posts from you today Maverick. May I ask if you're doing/feeling ok? Seems heretofore you have always been fairly sharp with advice rather than sharp with advicees.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
I carry mine in the pocket of my Cabelas Microtex shirt most of the time. If I have a heavy coat on, it goes inside the coat on the neck strap. The advice to separate it from the binos is good....but I find they often dangle pretty close together on the final stalk.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bullshit aside from the idiot maverick..

My lrf is attached to my bino caddy strap with a small carabiner at the end of the lanyard.. This allows it to slide up when I take it out of my pocket to use it, but more importantly, I know it's not going anywhere when I drop it to take a shot.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Casey, I use this. I really like it. I attach it to the strap of my bins...

http://store.coueswhitetail.com/range-snap/

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I use a nikon retractable lanyard attached to my belt works great otherwise as mentioned before use neoprene lanyard and put in my pocket or under jacket/overshirt

F
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
F
Greg, I'm pretty sure I have one of those, but the strap on my ipi and badlands bino harness are two thick.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
You been practicing to 160 yds like all the other arizona archers?

Hey!! Your going the wrongway.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Best way to keep a rangefinder handy is to integrate it with binoculars.

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Chest pocket, and lanyard around the neck. Almost every outer layer I own has a left chest pocket that I can slip it in. The Badlands bino harness doesn't interfere with the location for me, YMMV.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I wear mine on a string. Around the left side if my neck and under my righ shoulder sort of tucked under my armpit.

I can slide it up to my eye and use the looped strap/string to steady it, then tuck in back under my arm to shoot. Not fancy but it works for me.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
I keep mine in the right hand pocket of my KOM sweatshirt when bow hunting. No lanyard at all for me.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I just use the little case that it came with. On my right hip when bowhunting, left hip with the rifle.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
So I see firstpussywas80yearsold is still trying to learn how to hunt.

What a ball of laughs.

your so stoopid!

Hey!! Your going the wrongway.
F
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
F
Gotta be ready when that 480" bull your guys know about steps out.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 1eyedmule, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 56 invisible), 2,696 guests, and 1,242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,568
Posts18,453,832
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.