Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...with-the-second-amendment/#ixzz2zcDVzkhK

He seems to be looking to find some happy middle rather than taking a good strong right wing position that I'd like to see. Any one else have any information on his position? He certainly gives a good speech and didn't have a problem offending Obama in a speech he gave. I fear he's another centrist. What say you?

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
BP-B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
From the article, pretty obvious he IS playing the middle ground and sounds like he would support either/and/or registration, forced testing, controls on so-called assault weapons etc.etc. If he hasn't figured it out by now.....?
Unfortunate, but he is what he is.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
he seams to spent more time on the right of middle , more emphasis on protection from tyranny than anything else

norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
This country doesn't need another Black President Period . It needs another Ronald Raygun Reagan

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
A candidate's stance on the Second Amendment is pretty much my litmus test.

Sam......

IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

+1

Keep your gun-hand ready and your eyes peeled.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
second amendment, abortion, states rights, immigration, economy.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deerstalker
second amendment, abortion, states rights, immigration, economy.

yes, I would agree on that. Looks like we will never have another candidate we can vote on for President, with a clear conscience. No candidate will ever be on the 'right' side of all of those issues.

Sam......

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

I would add abortion as well. Libtards deny the humanity of the unborn and attribute "life-force" to an inanimate object, IE, a firearm. To use sociological jargon, this is totem-worship.

The views on these two issues are, IMO, a thumbnail sketch of a person's worldview.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Dr. Ben is a work in progress on a lot of issues that had never been anywhere near the top of his list before.

On healthcare he is at the top of his game. I doubt that he had ever spent much time thinking about the 2nd Amendment when he was fixing peoples brains. Seems like he had a full time job to me.

Now gun control and several other issues are spooling up for him as he moves to the national debate.

Your OP link is from last year. Now He has had time for a harder look and has changed his mind on gun registration.

Dr. Ben Carson Against Gun Registration: We 'Should Be Really Concerned' About Martial Law
Breitbart News: Breitbart TV
http://www.breitbart.com/breitbart-tv
by Tony Lee 10 Mar 2014
On Monday at The New York Meeting, Dr. Ben Carson said he does not believe in gun registration because America's massive debt could transform the nation into a third-world country in which martial law may be imposed.

Carson, the retired neurosurgeon who has been getting buzz in conservative circles, said that he changed his mind and was against gun registration because of the "sinister internal forces" that could surface in that scenario. He said he "used to think they needed to be registered, but if you register them they just come and find you and take your guns."

"If we were only concerned about external forces, then we would be okay," he said. "But there are some pretty sinister internal forces."

He then asked the audience to think about a scenario in which countries around the world drop the dollar as their reserve currency.

"We have a national debt that is so high, and it's being raised even higher," he said. "Now, the only reason we can do that is because we are the reserve currency for the world. What if that changes?"

Carson mentioned that Russian President Vladimir Putin threatened to "remove America as our reserve currency" if America imposed economic sanctions.

"What if other people come along?" Carson asked, saying China and the U.N have mentioned doing the same. "We would become a third-world nation overnight. Occupy Wall Street would be a walk in the park. And all of a sudden, the things that would be going on in this country which would necessitate marital law... all this could happen very rapidly. We should be really concerned."

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
He is a great neurosurgeon. I fail to see how that qualifies him to be great at everything! Though I agree with most of his positions, the 2nd is a pretty simple thing to understand. The problem is, the left has imposed enough infringement to make it commonplace. Inch by inch they are taking away our right to keep and bear arms, and now OUR side is AGREEING with them. Seeing as how we have more gun related crime than say, in 1950, it just CAN'T be the laws. Gotta be something else. Not the gun, it just sits there. I know - LETS BLAME THE DANG CRIMINALS. Whatta concept.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Bow, don't bring logic to the discussion, you'll only dampen the animus.

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
You're right, benchmark, it ain't rocket science. Even a brain surgeon could figure it out in a few minutes of discussion.

― G. Orwell

_Eileen Clarke

- Alexander Hamilton

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Dr. Ben is a work in progress on a lot of issues that had never been anywhere near the top of his list before.

On healthcare he is at the top of his game. I doubt that he had ever spent much time thinking about the 2nd Amendment when he was fixing peoples brains. Seems like he had a full time job to me.

Now gun control and several other issues are spooling up for him as he moves to the national debate.

That's it exactly and you can see the progress of Carson as he moves to the right on a number of issues he hadn't thought through before. He has a good mind and excellent thinking and I am confident in the conclusions he will develop. As said, on gun control he has thought it through and is much stronger for the Second Amendment than he was even a year ago. Every body grows, learns and changes. Give the man a break.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Dr Carson would be a fine Surgeon General. If conservatives win the next rounds of elections.

The things that come to those that wait may be the things left by those who got there first.

Unk
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
A work in progress? The same thing could have been said about both Bush's and Romney and McCain, and look where that has left us.

If Carson has plans to run for POTUS he should already have his ducks in a row and full understanding of the constitution and the bill of rights. He'll be swearing an oath to uphold both if he wins. That sorta means something.

― G. Orwell

_Eileen Clarke

- Alexander Hamilton

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by Timberlake
Dr Carson would be a fine Surgeon General. If conservatives win the next rounds of elections.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Gunner

Trump Won!
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
The problem with surgeon generals is they don't really affect much. Kind of a figure head.

I would like to see him at HHS.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by oldtrapper
The problem with surgeon generals is they don't really affect much. Kind of a figure head.

I would like to see him at HHS.

^^This^^

Or a senator from his state.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by SBTCO
A work in progress? The same thing could have been said about both Bush's and Romney and McCain, and look where that has left us.

If Carson has plans to run for POTUS he should already have his ducks in a row and full understanding of the constitution and the bill of rights. He'll be swearing an oath to uphold both if he wins. That sorta means something.

I disagree. Your examples are lifetime politicians. Carson seems to have jumped in mostly after he retired last summer. I could not find that he has joined any political party except his �Logic party.�

Recently, SuperPAC RunBenRun has raised over $4 million to get him to change his mind...

Carson spent his life as one of the top neurosurgeons in the country with dozens of awards, including the Presidential Medal of Freedom and several books.
Carson was the first surgeon to successfully separate conjoined twins joined at the head.

I don�t doubt for a minute that his lifelong experience with firearms was dealing mostly with gunshot wounds to the head. Bound to be an influence.

Last edited by BOWSINGER; 04/22/14.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
411 members (007FJ, 1lesfox, 1lessdog, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 40 invisible), 2,386 guests, and 976 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,731
Posts18,400,902
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.