Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I shoot them all and let god sort them out.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by gemby58
I shoot them all and let god sort them out.

Hummmmm. and more come back.

Definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over again in the same way and expecting a different result.

hang in there gemby58.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
gotton my problem taking care of here. started out with i figured 50 + now theres only like 6

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BlueDuck
Get a live trap and take it for a ride.

It's final ride....

220 Swift still king.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by HE112
Snyder...interesting point. How would they prove it was you if your are not seen or heard? The level of evidence can be easier to process in civil court, but again if you are a good liar and they don't have the rifle to match bullet to the rifling how would they know?

We had some cases here in Texas of guys shooting their neighbor's dogs and got convicted, but they were seen and heard doing it. Another option is to use a pellet rifle that will use BB's, as this will not leave rifling marks for use as evidence, unlike a lead pellet. I have had good luck with slingshots, but I don't recall those actually hurting anything, just annoying the target and making them move on.

You'd probably be surprised what your neighbors know
Bragging about it on the internet can be evidence too

Liars are never as good as they think they are

Last edited by Snyper; 04/23/14.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
IC B2

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
yep you bet

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rustyzipper
I have 100% score on swimming lessons in the luxurious confines of my live trap.

Would you consider an alternate humane method? I am saddened to read this on a hunter's forum where I believe the vast majority of hunters would do their best [as much as it is in their power] to provide a humane "ending" for an animal...especially a non-threatening animal that is only trying to survive. They know no other way to live and when they hiss or become aggressive it is only because they are scared of humans.

Some ferals can be tamed [although this must be done in a controlled and protective setting]and all kittens are adoptable as they are not born feral or wild. Nurseries are springing up across the US to assist Humane Societies in caring for such populations. Volunteers will bottle feed these kittens until they can be sterilized at about 2 months and then put up for adoption. Taking an adult feral cat to humane society is an automatic death sentence [at least it is humane to be euthanized vs drowning].

Many cities have adopted the Trap/Neuter/and Return program as they have learned it is the only way to deal with the over population. They have found it to be a great opportunity for volunteers as well. Many people prefer to have some ferals that they often call "barn cats' to control their mice population. They just have to make sure the ones they have get spayed or neutered and local vet offices can tell you when the low cost clinics are available for this.

Thanks for taking this into consideration.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
when I was milking cattle and we had a over run of cats, which was like 2 times a year. Our alternate humane method of dealing with cats was, we would put a pan of milk out in the barn yard and when there was 20 or so cat trying to get to the milk we would level them with a double barrel 12 gauge load of #5's. I do, do a humane method now, one shot to the head.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I wrote my response to Rustyzipper believing the best and thinking it was possible he would consider humane ways of dealing with ferals. I'm not sure what the motive of your post was.

BTW. Have you ever studied the biographies of serial killers? It's fascinating. We got Ridgeway, Coe, Yates, and I don't know who all sitting behind bars about 2 miles from where I sit.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
it is what it is, its the way it is, if you don't like it then don,t read my posts. I guess you could say I'm a serial cat killer. Wish some cat lover like you would drop more off at the barn, running out of live targets

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
it is what it is, its the way it is, if you don't like it then don,t read my posts. I guess you could say I'm a serial cat killer. Wish some cat lover like you would drop more off at the barn, running out of live targets

I figured out "it is the way it is" with you after your first response so that's why my post was directed to rustyzipper.

This forum is more than just reading what you agree with, it is reading and considering the chance that maybe somebody has some insight to offer, a different point of view, a better way of doing something, etc.

If you want to call yourself a "serial cat killer" that's your right. The interesting history behind every serial killer they have studied is the fact they all started with the inhumane killing of animals. ...not going hunting for animals. It was the inhumane killing and torturing. They got pleasure out of it and enjoyed explaining what they did to the authorities. Very sad.

P.s. I'm sure you will find more "live" targets. You don't need my help.

Last edited by asphaltangel; 04/23/14.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Insight on how to do what kill cats, that's not hard to do. I tired like rustyzipper to teach them swimming lessons but they cant hold there breath long enough

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Insight on how to do what kill cats, that's not hard to do. I tired like rustyzipper to teach them swimming lessons but they cant hold there breath long enough

Try moving up to a more challenging animal like a cougar. They are elusive and mostly nocturnal so nothing easy about it. JJ Hack shot a cougar like #2 or #3 in the world for it's size. Cougars are what's going to kill your grandkids, not a feral cat.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
If they had cougar in PA I would, but have to settle for there little cousins instead. Maybe someday the PA Game commission will import them like they did that with yotes and we put a hurting on them around here too.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If they had cougar in PA I would, but have to settle for there little cousins instead. Maybe someday the PA Game commission will import them like they did that with yotes and we put a hurting on them around here too.

Wow. You need some of ours. They have walked into small towns around here. I didn't notice you were in PA. Anywhere around Lancaster County?

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
about a hour away

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sherri,

Here's a paper from the University of Nebraska that also states that sometimes shooting can be an option...which can be found on page 5.

Feral Cats And Their Management

Naturally folks should follow their local laws regarding dealing with ferals.

Dan

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
about a hour away

Just curious because I flew out to Ohio many years ago to spend time with a friend who lived in Nelsonville. We drove to Niagara Falls and passed through Lancaster County in PA. It was the first time I had seen Amish people riding around in their horse drawn buggies. It was like Little House on the Prairie all over again. Interesting subculture.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
should be around my place on a Sunday about 12PM after they get out of church. One day I counted 73 buggies going by the farm

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Dantheman
Sherri,

Here's a paper from the University of Nebraska that also states that sometimes shooting can be an option...which can be found on page 5.

Feral Cats And Their Management

Naturally folks should follow their local laws regarding dealing with ferals.

Dan

ARCHIE!!! Your avatar brings back a lot of memories. The show wouldn't have a snowball's chance in hell today, would it? It was hilarious..Caroll O'Conner and Jean Stapleton [sp?] were great together.

Anyway, I will check out your link after I eat dinner. Thanks.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10ring1, 1337Fungi, 53 invisible), 2,726 guests, and 1,084 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,312
Posts18,468,262
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.