Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Thinks the new guys are too "green" for the Whitehouse.
_____

Sen. Rand Paul: Limited Washington experience isn�t always bad

Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul is brushing aside the notion � aired recently by former Sen. Bob Dole � that he and some of his GOP counterparts in the Congress are too green to be the nation�s next president.

�I was a physician, and then a U.S. Senator, and people said, �You need to be a state legislator and a mayor and all of these other things before you�re in the U.S. Senate,� and I absolutely disagree with that because I think in some ways, when you have people who are career politicians, they�ve been beaten down by the system and are so part of the system that they can�t see all the problems of the system,� Mr. Paul told reporters Tuesday after an event on school choice in Chicago.

Mr. Dole, the GOP�s 1996 presidential nominee, said last week that �first termers� � including Mr. Paul and fellow Sens. Marco Rubio of Florida and Ted Cruz of Texas need to get some more time under their belt in Washington before they are ready to be commander-in-chief.

�I don�t think they�ve got enough experience yet,� Mr. Dole told the Eagle newspaper of Wichita, Kan.

Mr. Paul, Mr. Rubio and Mr. Cruz are among a number of Republicans who are thought to be considering running for the GOP presidential nomination in 2016.

On Tuesday, Mr. Paul suggested his limited experience in Washington is a plus and that some people can spend too much time in the nation�s capital.

�I think that over long periods of time, people lose their zeal for change in Washington, and they become part of the system,� Mr. Paul said.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Thinks the new guys are too "green" for the Whitehouse.
_____

Sen. Rand Paul: Limited Washington experience isn�t always bad

Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul is brushing aside the notion � aired recently by former Sen. Bob Dole � that he and some of his GOP counterparts in the Congress are too green to be the nation�s next president.

�I don�t think they�ve got enough experience yet,� Mr. Dole told the Eagle newspaper of Wichita, Kan.

Didn't stop Hussein.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Bob Dole isn�t sure who Ted Cruz is, doesn�t think he should be president

The most hardcore conservatives within the Republican Party have never been too fond of RINOs like Bob Dole, and it�s quite unlikely that the ex-senator and former presidential candidate�s recent comments in an interview with the Wichita Eagle will change their minds.

Speaking of the GOP�s chances in a hypothetical 2016 face-off with former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, Dole expressed skepticism that some of the party�s newest and most talked-about figures are ready to challenge the former first lady.

�A number of the younger members [of the Senate], first-termers like Rand Paul, [Marco] Rubio and that extreme-right-wing guy � Ted Cruz? All running for president now,� Dole said, �I don�t think they�ve got enough experience yet.�

While Dole leveled criticism toward Democrats, too � most notably saying he doubted the administration�s Obamacare enrollment numbers were true � the former longtime U.S. senator from Kansas chastised his party in Congress for being overly confrontational and not unifying around a single alternative to Obamacare.

�They ought to have their own plan, but they don�t,� Dole said of the GOP on healthcare reform. �They need to get together and coordinate, but they don�t.� He also claimed that members of the Republican Party �need to get together with the others and form a plan� rather than simply oppose everything Democrats want to do.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If I recall correctly, Dole didn't have what it takes to get elected. Yet he feels qualified to comment on it?

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
^
Yep...that!

Didn't stop the electoral college nor the masses either!

IC B2

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Obama was in the Senate,what 100-150 days before he started running for President. All he did in the Senate was vote "Present."

ETA,I prefer Governors to Senators/Congressman. At least some Governors know to run government.

Last edited by elkhunternm; 04/23/14.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by bruinruin
If I recall correctly, Dole didn't have what it takes to get elected. Yet he feels qualified to comment on it?

Like McCain, he wanted that position of power so bad he could almost taste it.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
No, Dole was the sacrificial lamb of the GOP in '96. The economy was good and Klinton was popular. Nobody the GOP had was going to beat Klinton. Mondale was not going to beat Reagan. Dukakis was not going to beat Bush. They ran any way because their party needed them to.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Obama was in the Senate,what 100-150 days before he started running for President. All he did in the Senate was vote "Present."

ETA,I prefer Governors to Senators/Congressman. At least some Governors know to run government.

I agree with this. Ironically, Palin had this logic turned against her when she ran with McCain. The press was saying that all she had ever done was be a mayor and governor of a far away State.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Bob Dole isn�t sure who Ted Cruz is, doesn�t think he should be president

The most hardcore conservatives within the Republican Party have never been too fond of RINOs like Bob Dole, and it�s quite unlikely that the ex-senator and former presidential candidate�s recent comments in an interview with the Wichita Eagle will change their minds.

Speaking of the GOP�s chances in a hypothetical 2016 face-off with former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, Dole expressed skepticism that some of the party�s newest and most talked-about figures are ready to challenge the former first lady.

�A number of the younger members [of the Senate], first-termers like Rand Paul, [Marco] Rubio and that extreme-right-wing guy � Ted Cruz? All running for president now,� Dole said, �I don�t think they�ve got enough experience yet.�

While Dole leveled criticism toward Democrats, too � most notably saying he doubted the administration�s Obamacare enrollment numbers were true � the former longtime U.S. senator from Kansas chastised his party in Congress for being overly confrontational and not unifying around a single alternative to Obamacare.

�They ought to have their own plan, but they don�t,� Dole said of the GOP on healthcare reform. �They need to get together and coordinate, but they don�t.� He also claimed that members of the Republican Party �need to get together with the others and form a plan� rather than simply oppose everything Democrats want to do.

"Plans" and meddling in things that need to be left alone, like healthcare, are a very large part of the problem now. Dole was part of the problem. Thank God he's gone. Now Sebelius is running for Jerry Moran's seat, supposedly. Moran is a good man but Sebelius has a lot of name recognition. She was a [bleep] governor too. Almost as bad as Brownback.

IC B3

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Well, we decided to re-elect someone on the basis of OTJ training alone before...

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Can't believe somebody woke Bob Dole from his nap for that.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Dole represents the establishment "wisdom" that we ought to act against decisively.

So we should ask Dole what he thinks and then do the exact opposite. Karl Rove same/same.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bruinruin

Exactly, hard to hear someone that didn't make it espouse what they think is required for the position. TFF IMO

That would be like a fry guy at the local McD's letting folks know what he thinks is required to be a good Police Officer.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
y'all know that Bob Dole has a 'withered' arm, right? Know how it got that way?
Bob might be out to lunch on a lot of issues, but personal courage and personal sacrifice are things he understands.

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Yes. It's called the "halo effect". We love our war heroes, therefore they can do no wrong.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Bob might be out to lunch on a lot of issues, but personal courage and personal sacrifice are things he understands.
Dole is like McCain. He may have started out good but at some point he went off-track. With Dole one of the big crossroads was when he supported NAFTA and GATT. He was getting three or four thousand calls per day against them yet he supported them anyway. I don't know what to make of him casting THE deciding vote on the AWB. He did trade his support for the Sunset Clause. Without it, I doubt the ban would ever have lifted, especially when Dubya said he'd sign another one if it crossed his desk. I voted for Dole many times, but he ended up sucking ass. Sam Brownback is the same thing.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by hatari
No, Dole was the sacrificial lamb of the GOP in '96. The economy was good and Klinton was popular. Nobody the GOP had was going to beat Klinton. Mondale was not going to beat Reagan. Dukakis was not going to beat Bush. They ran any way because their party needed them to.

Not so, he lost because he had no nutts. Like Letterman said, all he had to do was make a commercial and say, "Hello, I'm Senator Bob Dole, I'm a war hero, and no one is suing my azz for sexual harrasment. I'd like to be your President."

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yes. It's called the "halo effect". We love our war heroes, therefore they can do no wrong.

geez Pat, did I say he 'could do no wrong'? No, I did not. Lets stay focused on the issues.

Sam......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

Yes, I am aware of the man's sacrifice and courage. However that does not mean that the man still isn't a few fruit loops short of a full bowl. Not saying he is wacko, but his antiquated views of conservative policy are what got us in this predicament in the first place...IMO.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1337Fungi, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 62 invisible), 2,365 guests, and 1,152 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,321
Posts18,468,449
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.