Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
ok, completely remove carbon dating, plate tectonics, geological formations, ect
Just using historical writing the Sumerian civilizations kicked off about the time the earth came into being.
I'm cool with that as their mythology sounds a lot like genesis...
so my question is... were there no dinosaurs, the dinosaurs lived and died before men or along side men?

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
You're probably best off asking someone that was there.

Defend the Constitution
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ringworm

so my question is... were there no dinosaurs, the dinosaurs lived and died before men or along side men?

According to Land of the Lost, Dinosaurs lived alongside Cha-Ka, I guess he's man-like...

(Worst use of a Banjo,..Ever..!)

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
yabba dabba doo

My diploma is a DD214
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
ok, completely remove carbon dating, plate tectonics, geological formations, ect

Why would you purposely ignore rational understanding?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by tomk
You're probably best off asking someone that was there.

I'm not telling - figure it out yourselves.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
There appears to be plenty of room to question the currently accepted mainstream conclusions, but you sure as hell won't hear it at the university...the new evangelists.

Rational to me is exploring both sides of theory (and that is what it is) and not preaching either as gospel. To date, that has been as elusive as the missing link...although Ingwe appears to be a candidate.

A guy is best off gathering contradicting research methinks, rather than accepting the gospel of experts--if he is serious....

Defend the Constitution
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
The things quoted above are facts. There is no other 'side'.

It's very different from something like climate change.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Gap theory

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Young earth, old earth, meh, who cares?
There is no reason science and uhh, let's call them "Believers in Genesis" has to conflict.
Scientist agree, at some point it all came into being. The "Big Bang" if you will. What is debated in science is HOW it came into being. Singularity, String Theory, etc., etc., etc.,...there's no end to the theories of how it came into being. They can measure red-shift and a hundred other means of discovering the universe expanding and they have "looked back" over time and discovered that when "it" happened, in about one minute the universe expanded 100 billion miles and continues today.... and on and on it goes. What they all agree on, is at some point it STARTED. In other words, it had a beginning.
So...
"In the beginning"

You can finish out that sentence however you like. But science doesn't have an answer to finish that sentence. About all they have is "In the beginning, there was a beginning" or, "In the beginning, the universe began" or some similar. Again, HOW it began is the subject of endless theories and debate.

What I believe, and the important thing to know is, "In the beginning GOD CREATED the heavens and the earth."
If that took 7 literal days, or 7 billion years, what do I care? The timetable really isn't that important. The important thing is GOD CREATED. And no, I don't believe the Bible to be inaccurate insofar as it apparently indicates creation took 7 literal days. God lives outside time and space. One "day" may mean a billion years, I don't know.

But a God that can speak the universe into existence, could certainly make it in 7 days, or 7 milliseconds and make it look however old He wants.
So to me, the young earth vs old earth is an exercise in futility and holds no eternal consequences.

And if ya don't believe in God, what difference does it make anyway?

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!

Originally Posted by Calvin
As far as gear goes.. The poorer (or cheaper) you are, the tougher you need to be.

gpopecustomknives.com

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just using historical writing the Sumerian civilizations kicked off about the time the earth came into being.

FWIW, so does what science knows about "the beginning".

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!

As far as gear goes.. The poorer (or cheaper) you are, the tougher you need to be.

gpopecustomknives.com

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I'm of the belief that a lot of time passed between Gen. verse one and verse two. The original text words imply the world was created perfect and then something happened to make it a chaos without form and void. I personally believe what caused it was the war in Heaven and the fall of Lucifer.

Other than just as interesting talk that hypothesis really has no bering on us, salvation, or our future.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Here is the major fly in the ointment of this question.

2 Peter 3:8
New International Version (NIV)
8 But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
I'm of the belief that a lot of time passed between Gen. verse one and verse two. The original text words imply the world was created perfect and then something happened to make it a chaos without form and void. I personally believe what caused it was the war in Heaven and the fall of Lucifer.

Other than just as interesting talk that hypothesis really has no bering on us, salvation, or our future.

That's interesting. I'm gonna run that theory past a friend who spends his life in ministry and is VERY well educated in the science of creation.
It is just accepted that satan was cast out of heaven before creation as he was present in the garden to seduce and cause the fall of man. No one really knows when that happened.

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!

gpopecustomknives.com

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
My friend, even if it were mandated that three times a day we comrades publicly acknowledge that carbon dating, plate tectonics, and geological formations were facts, they would in fact still be theories.

There are long-standing and compelling arguments against the dating via geological formations and more recently carbon dating.

It doesn't cost anything to search and read the objections--unless you are a public school educator needing to stay employed.

Defend the Constitution
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by snubbie
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

That's interesting. I'm gonna run that theory past a friend who spends his life in ministry and is VERY well educated in the science of creation.
It is just accepted that satan was cast out of heaven before creation as he was present in the garden to seduce and cause the fall of man. No one really knows when that happened.

He was definitely cast out of Heaven before God created Adam and Eve. In Luke 10:18 Jesus said he saw Lucifer fall like a lightening flash from Heaven. Could that have been the comet that killed the dinosaurs?

Also every other verse in Gen says that when God created anything, he saw that it was good. Why would God create the Heavens and earth without form and void? Look at this word.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tohu_wa-bohu

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Do the math, eight on the Ark, so in about 4000 years there was obviously a bunch of incest lovemaking going on to up the population to over 6 billion.

Only ones around to do the deed were Noah's sons and their wives. I'm guessing banging a cousin is good stuff to get the population we have now.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
You have to start somewhere and internet dating was not available.

My wife is a twin--will have to tell you that story sometime...

Defend the Constitution
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

According to The Bible the behemoths roamed the earth ages ago (in what some bible scholars refer to as the first earth age).

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

389 members (1Longbow, 17CalFan, 260madman, 1lesfox, 2500HD, 160user, 38 invisible), 1,823 guests, and 991 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,064
Posts18,463,379
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.