-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Why even tell ANYONE that you are carrying a handgun? No body needs to know and should not know until you have to use it, which may never happen. Just keep quite about it.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm not sure what the purpose was of your Facebook page but nevertheless:

If this issue is important, you may collect up some info. Google church shootings, church violence, child abductions etc. Then Google church security. Church security is a very real issue these days. At least one of the local big Baptist churches here in town (and a growing number of churches across the country) has multiple armed people in each service, each on the "security" team.
Perhaps make up a handout with some info then go before your church council, session, elders, deacons or whatever the governing body of your church, and make a case for some more active security.

You may also point out there is absolutely no case that can be made scripturally, preventing a person or body of persons from defending themselves against deadly force.
Most people are initially appalled at the suggestion of having a gun in church but typically, without thinking it through. Just like spreading the Gospel, don't expect them to absorb and accept it all at one time. Plant some seeds and get the conversation started among the governing body. The wheels of change seem to change veerrrryyy slowly in a long established church.
Sometimes it just takes a little information.

And yes, the Bible says correctly "thou shalt not murder".

Last edited by snubbie; 04/23/14.

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!

Originally Posted by Calvin
As far as gear goes.. The poorer (or cheaper) you are, the tougher you need to be.

gpopecustomknives.com

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
Why even tell ANYONE that you are carrying a handgun? No body needs to know and should not know until you have to use it, which may never happen. Just keep quite about it.
Couldn't agree more. I live in a state where I can open carry...I have NO intention to open carry, but I'm glad I have the option.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Couldn't agree more. I live in a state where I can open carry...I have NO intention to open carry, but I'm glad I have the option.

Open carry, to me, just offers a CYA in case your shirt or jacket lifts and you inadvertently "flash" your CCW.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by T LEE
I have been carrying a firearm for well over a half a century every where I go, church is one of those places. It has nothing to do with paranoia, I won't go without insurance on my home, vehicles or health either. I also have fire extinguishers in the kitchen & shop.

As a stated by the OP, it is just another tool in the box, nothing more, nothing less.
Well said.

IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by GunGeek

Open carry, to me, just offers a CYA in case your shirt or jacket lifts and you inadvertently "flash" your CCW.

Me too. Vast majority of the time I want to look just like the other sheeple. Other than carrying when out on a walk around home or a jaunt thru a national forest I want mine concealed.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gunswizard
If you are so paranoid as to feel it is necessary to carry a firearm while attending church services, perhaps you should stay home and watch one of the televangelists. After all a man's home is his fortress, I feel no need to make an armed fortress out of my house of worship.

Obviously you do not pay attention to the news...a gun free zone is a target rich environment for those that seek to do harm...

I bet you have a spare tire in your car don't you wink

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
had the janitor at the mall where I work ask me recently if it bothered me he carried concealed

NOPE, quite the opposite, it makes me happy

he explained he was gonna go ask all the merchants to see if any of them had a problem.

I told him if the man that writes your check allows it, ain't nobody else's biz.

you survey enough folks you're bound to find someone it "upsets" or leaves uncomfortable

your biz, is your biz

weirdest thing is, I believe the young feller took my advice.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
The church I attended in Anchorage was pretty good size and had quite a security system in place. I talked to the head security guy and let him know I carried, not a problem, good to know who does. I carry since I moved here, I figure as they get to know me they won't be concerned. Concealed carry is what it is. So long as you don't violate, I don't see an issue.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If you are so paranoid as to feel it is necessary to carry a firearm while attending church services, perhaps you should stay home and watch one of the televangelists. After all a man's home is his fortress, I feel no need to make an armed fortress out of my house of worship.

Statistically, you are highly unlikely to die in a house fire. Do you have fire extinguishers and smoke detectors in your home? If so, does that make you paranoid?

Most churches have fire extinguishers, smoke detectors, fire alarms, A.E.D.'s, First Aid kits, etc. just in case something very unlikely to happen, actually DOES happen. Mostly because common sense says unlikely things CAN happen, including violence.

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!

Originally Posted by Calvin
As far as gear goes.. The poorer (or cheaper) you are, the tougher you need to be.

gpopecustomknives.com

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Google 'church shooting'. You'll get quite a few hits.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

Would it change your way of thinking if you had previously arrested several members or put their family members in prison for a very long time? It's not paranoia, it is good sound judgement that The Lord gave me a brain for. Do you also think it impossible that someone of another faith, sect, or organization could come inside the service and harm someone including me and my family? History tells me yes. I would be a fool to be ill prepared.

Buy once, cry once.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Do you wear a seat belt when you go to and from church. If so are you paranoid or are you just expecting to get in an accident. I don't carry anywhere because I expect trouble I carry everywhere I go for the same reason I wear seat belts whenever I get in a car.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Three of the four members of our pastoral staff recently went through CC classes. In Illinois, they are quite expensive; I can't imagine that they did it just for the fun of it. We have a security team; currently the only members who carry are current or retired LEOs. As licenses are issued, more will undoubtedly be carrying.

We have had two Handgun 101 classes on the church premises. They cannot be sponsored by the church, for insurance reasons. We have had nearly thirty take the class, about half women.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well they are likely to feel a lot different about it after some dick weed from the Religion of love comes and shoots up their church or cutting off heads some Sunday.

Last edited by 17ACKLEYBEE; 04/23/14.

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I don't tell anyone I am carrying, some of the others that carry know but that is different, we need to know in case of an incident. The average parishioner there has no clue although the pastor agrees with us (most are retired cops) but some just ccw holders.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Scott F

Do you wear a seat belt when you go to and from church. If so are you paranoid or are you just expecting to get in an accident. I don't carry anywhere because I expect trouble I carry everywhere I go for the same reason I wear seat belts whenever I get in a car.

You can't fix stupid.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Any man who goes to Church and is afraid of the man sitting next to him because he has a conceal weapon , needs to find another Church with a more Liberal Membership .

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

I don't carry because I am afraid for my life but because I am afraid for the life of my wife and lives of my church family. There are many who don't carry, are too young or too old to carry or simply don't have the training or fortitude to carry and potentially use a weapon in defense of life. There are many who would or could harm those people I love and there are few enough men willing to stand in that gap. I for one intend, to be part of that line in the sand.

Mart

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Several CCW folks in our church who carry all the time, including myself of course. I have had a couple of folks hug me, sense that the gun was there and get a quizzical look on their face and at this point I quietly inform them that I have been legally carrying there ever since they met me.

At my suggestion and our pastors enthusiastic blessing, we gave away an AR-15 Rifle as a door prize to get ordinarily non church going folks to come and see our heavy metal Easter show. Packed out the place.

If you are attending a church that is uncomfortable with members having firearms, then it is likely that your church elders or leaders are making other ill informed and poor decisions. It is also somewhat likely that your church is a member of the world council of churches and quite possibly has other liberal leanings or beliefs.

Short version, if it were me I would start looking for a new church, immediately. I will be very surprised if your place of worship is not pretty liberal with theology and political views. If I am right, they definately do not deserve your support via attendance or giving.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1234, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 64 invisible), 2,549 guests, and 1,128 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,315
Posts18,468,365
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.