Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 31 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 30 31
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
I'm sure Rancho feels better now knowing he wasn't singled out...

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Count me out. Was saving up for my 50th birthday present to myself.

P

Pharm You already have a great light weight rifle your
WBY MARK V ULW 30-06:)!

Molan Labe
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
C'mon, there's GOTTA be oodles of Forbes groupies out there to tell us how this is a 1 in a 100 (or less) occurrence. After all, its a production rifle, right? You should EXPECT to have to "debug" it a bit, RIGHT?

BTW, how is the crown on the barrel?

I wonder if Forbes's customer service yankee azzwipe will offer you a new factory barrel for only $600?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Disheartening hearing this.

Hearing all these other problems can't help but make one wonder about how tight the tolerances are on the actions.

Has anyone had a smith check to see how true they are?

Was going to get my son one for his birthday, but that ain't happening.

Sorry for everyone's misfortune.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Seeing as how this was to be one of the few left-handed, light weight, production rifles ever offered, I had definite plans for at least one, likely two. When they eventually made it across the border into Canada... I'll wait for a good long while now...

Originally Posted by Llama_Bob
I've seen more well-shot game lost with TSXs than any other premium bullet.

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Hopefully they will take notice and get things in order.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I had two 24B's in 30-06 early in their production run. There were a few flaws in the inletting - as if the material stuck to the action and pulled out. You could see some "coarse cloth" material imbedded in the material. Nothing that a little two part epoxy wouldn't cover up. The accuracy was excellent in both models.
I did have an issue with the closed grip which resulted in the back of my middle finger get rapped by the back of the trigger guard. I also thought the safety opening was excessive and a debris and frozen water liability.
I posted an extensive review many months ago.

Since then I have renewed my acquaintance with the Tikka brand at less than half the cost. Oh my............no brainer alert!

I do believe Forbes has experienced significant numbers of orders for this "lesser" NULA. Unfortunately there is a definite loss of QC and this will travel faster than a brush fire on a windy day.

There probably is a window of opportunity for Rick to clean this up pronto before it spirals out of control.

Last edited by bigwhoop; 04/23/14.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan
I'm sure Rancho feels better now knowing he wasn't singled out...

I have met Rancho more than twice and I don't think he'd give a [bleep] either way...

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
C'mon, there's GOTTA be oodles of Forbes groupies out there to tell us how this is a 1 in a 100 (or less) occurrence. After all, its a production rifle, right? You should EXPECT to have to "debug" it a bit, RIGHT?

BTW, how is the crown on the barrel?

I wonder if Forbes's customer service yankee azzwipe will offer you a new factory barrel for only $600?

Poor TAK...

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
My experience has not been without issues. The bolt stop wouldn't work properly when received as the bolt would exit the receiver completely during cycling. Titan sent three springs and while they didn't look any different fixed the issue. Yep the bedding could look better but the main issue has been the trigger. It wont adjust down to a level that I am used to achieving with a Timney. I never had any issues adjusting the pre X-Mark Remington triggers and the Timney's are even easier but I think the 3-function capability of the Forbes makes getting an optimal pull difficult. Titan's response was send it to a gunsmith, or send it to Melvyn, or we can put a 2 function trigger all at your cost. That response is no different then you would get from Remington or Winchester so it didn't really bother me. Timney said send it to them and they would do it free of charge. On the other hand here are targets with some 180gr AB's and R17. First bullet and powder combo selected.
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

IC B3

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
They are $1750 in Canada plus tax. IMO, you shouldn't have to do anything to a $1750 rifle except take it to the range and watch it shoot nice, tiny groups.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by ME109
My experience has not been without issues. The bolt stop wouldn't work properly when received as the bolt would exit the receiver completely during cycling. Titan sent three springs and while they didn't look any different fixed the issue. Yep the bedding could look better but the main issue has been the trigger. It wont adjust down to a level that I am used to achieving with a Timney. I never had any issues adjusting the pre X-Mark Remington triggers and the Timney's are even easier but I think the 3-function capability of the Forbes makes getting an optimal pull difficult. Titan's response was send it to a gunsmith, or send it to Melvyn, or we can put a 2 function trigger all at your cost. That response is no different then you would get from Remington or Winchester so it didn't really bother me. Timney said send it to them and they would do it free of charge. On the other hand here are targets with some 180gr AB's and R17. First bullet and powder combo selected.
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

If I'd bought a rifle that would shoot like that, I think I'd just spring for a nickel-plated Timney and call it good. I guess it must have been crowned right..... Does it bind on the magazine? Action screws too long?

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by AMRA

P

She's gonna find a new home soon. Watch the classifieds.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by AMRA

P

She's gonna find a new home soon. Watch the classifieds.

P

I had one of those in 06. Great rifle but I never could warm up to that stock. Mine shot MOA or nearly so with most everything I fed it.

djp Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by sns2
...and sent me out a 20B as a replacement.

...I have ordered a Kimber Montana 84L to replace this Forbes debacle.

Is that the 7mm-08 you just got? That really sucks...lucky for me, as I think that was the one I was supposed to get, but declined until my 24b was sorted out.

You are also fortunate to have the option for exchange...my 24B started the repair cycle in January and I expect to see it in June. Having to export/import from Canada isn't the way you want to start out. Rick at Forbes has been very gracious as all have indicated.

If you ordered your Kimber from PR and they sold you that 8400, I'd be giving up on them post haste...they should know better.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
If that was the one earmarked for you, then you are lucky you declined.

No, it was not PR. They would never do that. They are a exceptional operation. Best gun dealer one could ever hope for. I cannot speak highly enough about them and the service I have received.

djp Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Happy to hear. They have a very good reputation.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
AMEN....sns2...my sentiments exactly! I realize were not talking Dakota, Jarrett, or even Cooper money...but hey we ARE talking quite a few coins more than the "average" bolt action rifle....so logic would stand.....the purchaser would expect quite a bit more with regards to Function/Fit and Performance. Quite frankly had it not been for the courtesy of Rick Campbell I would have thrown in the towel and given up on this weapon. After several extended conversations with Mr. Campbell (About topics far outside the realm of rifles) I am fully convinced he is a very, very decent American. Who am I to say, but in reality some "Heads Need to Roll" in Production! If we all take a deep breath and look at the merits of this debacle...I do believe it is really not all that complicated. (1) Mr. Forbes produces the Time Proven Stocks (+) (2) Mr. Forbes designed/patented the proven ultra lite action (++) (3) The Shaw Barrels have been around for many years-May not be on the same level as some other premium barrels, but have prospered within their own niche nonetheless (+++) (4) Timney Triggers have proven themselves over time (++++) (5) The provided Talley Rings were originally designed by Mr. Forbes and sold to Talley, where they have enjoyed immense success worldwide (+++++) So in reality virtually ALL the components of this weapon have a proven track record- Not to mention Mr. Forbes is assembling/distributing virtually the same weapon; albeit different barrel manufacturer, slight trigger variation/safety, and custom length of pull, stock color choice. But in reality Very, Very, Very similar in core principles. My third-grade education tells me only one thing....ASSEMBLY/QUALITY CONTROL...or as they say in the military arena....ATTENTION TO DETAIL! It's like two people being handed the same ingredients to bake a cake...The first Baker uses his measuring cup, spoons, and follows prescribed timelines, and directions to the ninth degree. His cake turns out just as the recipe said it would. The second Baker says.."The Hell with measuring cups/spoons...haphazardly throws all the shiz together disregards prescribed timelines, and devises his own cooking temperature...gets preoccupied and forgets the oven is ON....His "cake" is burnt to a crisp, and is unrecognizable! Not trying to be funny here just saying if I was in charge of the "Forbes Bakery"...somebody (probably more than one) would be signing up for Obamas latest unemployment handouts! Oh and by the way....Don't let the door hit you in the Azz on your way Out! Just Sayin'

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
This is disappointing news. I was going to buy one of these as a present for someone.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by bonefish
This is disappointing news. I was going to buy one of these as a present for someone.

Need any more friends? Generosity is a great quality in a friend.

Page 11 of 31 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 30 31

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

616 members (10ring1, 1lessdog, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 19rabbit52, 12344mag, 58 invisible), 2,852 guests, and 1,179 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,524
Posts18,452,784
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.