OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T

GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Well...kiss my azz! Not one scope on any of those rifles! They know how to use irons which is a damn near friggin lost art in America today!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Most know how to use iron sights, but simply prefer not to

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That's the price we pay for having an empire less freedom and way to many non-productive people.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
They all shoot and they make a very useful knife too.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They so have a population a fraction of what ours is.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
If you were surrounded by the type of neighbors the Swiss have, you'd teach your kids to shoot too.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by derby_dude
That's the price we pay for having an empire less freedom and way to many non-productive people.

Yep, and that's why I will vote against any Dimocrap.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
We would be in much better shape as a nation if our favorite sports used bullets rather than balls.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I want to move there...

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No low information citizens over there.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
No low information citizens over there.

Yep, they have virtually no underclass. I believe they have the best quality of life in the world. Good for them!!!!!!!!

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Rovering
We would be in much better shape as a nation if our favorite sports used bullets rather than balls.

Bullets and balls are necessary - but the balls should NOT be inflatable!

Mark

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
"nobody" invades them, because 'everyone' has a vested interest in a civilized country with an immpecable reputation in banking remaning stable, thus hedging their bets if they lose. Had the Germans wanted to, they could have taken it in 1940 without batting an eye. And as far as personal freedom when it comes to gun ownership, we're still light years away. Love their watches though..

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by jorgeI
"nobody" invades them, because 'everyone' has a vested interest in a civilized country with an immpecable reputation in banking remaning stable, thus hedging their bets if they lose. Had the Germans wanted to, they could have taken it in 1940 without batting an eye.
This isn't true. Access by vehicle is by bridges, all of which are ready for destruction at a moments notice by the Swiss. After that, any army entering Switzerland would be pinned down under constant gunfire. Could the Nazis at the height of their military power have eventually taken Switzerland? Sure. It would have cost them the loss of several hundred thousand of their best troops, however, something they couldn't afford to lose.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
You're wrong.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I would imagine the Swiss reply heavily on imports for their food ect...The Germans could have simply blockaded them for a few months and they would have folded pretty easy after that..

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Operation Tannenbaum was the contingency. Sure it would have probably been a tough fight but no match for the Whermacht. Plus the Germans realized why bother when they were allowed to run trains full of war materiel through Switzerland and into Italy throughout the whole war. That and the fact their plate was pretty full fighting a war on two fronts after 1941. And I state it again, check out the Swiss version of private gun ownership.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by jorgeI
"nobody" invades them, because 'everyone' has a vested interest in a civilized country with an immpecable reputation in banking remaning stable, thus hedging their bets if they lose. Had the Germans wanted to, they could have taken it in 1940 without batting an eye.
This isn't true. Access by vehicle is by bridges, all of which are ready for destruction at a moments notice by the Swiss. After that, any army entering Switzerland would be pinned down under constant gunfire.

No, it's you who have it completely wrong.

It wasn't brave and true citizen-riflemen who protected Switzerland from the Germans; it was the International Bankers.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Now you did it...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

648 members (1234, 19rabbit52, 007FJ, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 1936M71, 60 invisible), 2,570 guests, and 1,247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,692
Posts18,456,591
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.