Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Schit,looks like that's the one for that rifle!

Curious have you tried H-4831 with the 150 gr NP?

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
BP-B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Not yet. I really should, but am down to 2 pounds. I still have 7 pounds of IMR 4350, so I'm saving the H blush. I really should load some up with H4831 and see how she likes that powder with the 150's...A buddy has a lot of H4831, but I don't want to ask about it as he's already helped me out tremendously with 348 win brass and 338 win mag brass.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
I understand,when you buy some more I think it's on par with H-4831 & 130 gr NP's. They go together like apples & cinnamon,peaches & cream,democrats & lying. wink

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Not yet. I really should, but am down to 2 pounds. I still have 7 pounds of IMR 4350, so I'm saving the H blush. I really should load some up with H4831 and see how she likes that powder with the 150's...A buddy has a lot of H4831, but I don't want to ask about it as he's already helped me out tremendously with 348 win brass and 338 win mag brass.

Hell you unloaded all those 140gr BTSP last year that is one hell of a bullet. 58.5gr H4831 and the 140gr shoots very well. My rifle is not bedded I need to get it bedded I know it will shoot alot better. So BSA send me your address i have soem rifles to send your way. I can get you to AK and on a bear stand if you want to shoot a bear smile

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S

Hell you unloaded all those 140gr BTSP last year that is one hell of a bullet. 58.5gr H4831 and the 140gr shoots very well. My rifle is not bedded I need to get it bedded I know it will shoot alot better. So BSA send me your address i have soem rifles to send your way. I can get you to AK and on a bear stand if you want to shoot a bear smile

Dang you have a good memory. laugh...I didn't think I'd use the 140's. BobinNH said there's only 1 bullet for the 270: The 130gr. Nosler partition laugh...Bear hunting in AK would be so COOL!!! I'd probably take my 9.3x62mm though.. sick

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Maybe if you live in NH smile

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you are serious let me know I'm headed up hopefully this year to go do some bou hunting on the north slope, as a AK resident I can shoot 5 caribou up on the north slope. Next yr I might be sitting in Kuwait for 6 months.

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
All this talk about push feeds made me pull my M70 out and look at it. I think it is a Stealth model it was finished flat black in a synthetic black stock with the Winchester W in the forearm ser#G257xxxx. I think it is also a CRPF. The Caliber is 30-06 I bought it for a donor rifle and haven't shot it yet, they say you shouldn't shoot the donor so it has been sitting in the safe waiting for a new barrel. The barrel that's on it looks like new and has seen very few rounds threw it. The plastic stock didn't have a mark on it. I picked it up off GB for $280.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S
If you are serious let me know I'm headed up hopefully this year to go do some bou hunting on the north slope, as a AK resident I can shoot 5 caribou up on the north slope. Next yr I might be sitting in Kuwait for 6 months.

Swing by and pick me up before you leave laugh cool. You know where I live...

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
I just realized something. I haven't shot my 30-06's since I got my pre 64 270 fwt shocked..What's up with that???
Get it shooting up to snuff yet?

elkunternm, this was from the other day with the old scope on it and when it was in the wood stock. This is a 130gr nosler partition load I tried in it. I've since upped the charge to 60gr to achieve 3000 fps. Groups are around an inch or a hair over.:
[Linked Image]

I still need to shoot it with the new Leupold DD's. I'm contemplating putting a set of DD's on my new XTR's fwt as well, but the screws are virgin and the top of the receiver is so pretty right now laugh. I also think I'm going to glass bed this XTR. To hell with it. The bedding is lacking as far as I'm concerned and I know overtime it will just get worse. It will end up looking like my pre 64 270 fwt bedding:

[Linked Image]

Do you guys think I should start a new thread on bedding the Winchester model 70?

BSA MAGA
IC B3

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Yes

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
Great looking pushfeed! Great chambering too.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Thanks buddy. I'm hoping it shoots as good as the round top I sold to you. That was a damn good rifle...Have you kilt anything with it yet??

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 444Matt
I've found the trick to getting really nice rifles is to just wait on BSA to tire of them and put them up for sale. wink

I'm glad you like that EW. I thought it would be the perfect match for you. Are you still thinking of cerakoting it or has the stainless grown on you a little??

Think I am going to keep it as is. The blued classic I'm working on might go to birdsong for their black T but that is a whole other project I still need to start loading for and shooting my EW more! Literally fired 5 rounds before season to ensure zero and then carried it all season. It put the 180gr partition just where I wanted it to take my deer. Looking forward to carrying it again this year!

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
You mean you planned on shooting thru the 2x4 laugh.. Matt, do you think a 270 win with a 150 gr partition would shoot thru a 2x4 and still drt a deer or elk smirk ??

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Partitions WAY over penetrate on 2x4's wink

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
That's a good thing, cause I just bought 200 more of these:

http://www.shootersproshop.com/nosl...r-partition-spitzer-blem-50ct-11344.html

BSA MAGA
F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
Thanks buddy. I'm hoping it shoots as good as the round top I sold to you. That was a damn good rifle...Have you kilt anything with it yet??

Killed a doe with it here in NC.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Awesome buddy. I was probably out of my mind for letting that cool tanger go. But I'm glad it went to a good guy...

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

BSA MAGA
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
522 members (007FJ, 160user, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 51 invisible), 2,268 guests, and 1,037 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,596
Posts18,398,179
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.