Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Clarkm Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

This is a Johnny Cash 59,60,61,62,63 Remington 572 field master shooting CCI CB shorts. It sounds like a BB gun.

I shot the invasive non native Eastern Gray Squirrel through the head.

That was as exciting a hunt as some big game animals I have shot.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I killed two rats, real ones not the tree variety, in the neighbors dilapidated barn with my Henry lever action and the same load yesterday! laugh

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How come it has a tag? If 'you got it one piece at a time, and it didn't cost you a dime'?......

Clarkm Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
It was started in 59 and shipped in 63 without a serial number.

The date code is LFK
http://www.remingtonsociety.com/rsa/questions/barrelcodes

I have older, newer, cheaper, more costly, bigger and smaller 22 rifles, but that is my go to killer 22.

I tag guns to try to keep track of them. I have been buying guns for 53 years and my memory is not so good.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by huntsman22
How come it has a tag? If 'you got it one piece at a time, and it didn't cost you a dime'?......
looks like he pieced it together so that it would fit, with a little bit of help from an adapter kit..

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Nice rig Clark. I had one of those Field masters once but it wouldn't extract/eject and I couldn't figure out why.
BTW, I never took you for a xenophobe.

abusus non tollit usum
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How the heck did Eastern Gray squirrels end up out there?

What fresh Hell is this?
Clarkm Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

http://wdfw.wa.gov/conservation/gray_squirrel/

Eastern gray squirrel (Sciurus carolinensis)
Body: 10.5" Tail: 8"
Eastern gray squirrels are mid-sized, with relatively narrow tails and short ears compared to western gray squirrels. They have a pale gray coat with a reddish-brown wash on the face, back, and tail. Their underparts are creamy white. Eastern gray squirrels were first introduced into Washington in 1925. They are now common in many cities, and thrive in developed areas. When hunting this species, special care should be taken to distinguish between it and the similar western gray squirrel.

Eastern gray, eastern fox, and California ground squirrels are not protected in Washington and may be hunted any time as long as all firearm restrictions are followed and a hunting license is possessed.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
The Eastern Grey Squirrel was introduced to Washington in 1867 for the Alaska Yukon Expo. I guess someone thought it would be great to have furry tree rats running around on the expo grounds. Since then, they have spread to a good share of the state. I have never heard the 1925 date before.

I will hunt everywhere before I die!
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Fox Squirrels introduced from the Midwest have wiped out the native gray squirrels in the LA metro slurb. They seem to do better close to people than grays, and they are larger. I get one with an air rifle now and again but have to be careful of the backstop; can't shoot at them where you see them most, on telephone wires.

The "urban legend" about these is that they were brought to LA by relatives of WWI veterans who were convalescing in the West LA Vet's Hospital. They thought their relatives would feel more at home with a familiar animal on the grounds. Now they're on everybody's grounds....

They're big beautiful animals, but I wish they'd stayed home in Tennessee. Same goes for our South American parrots and African cane toads and Asian ring doves and "viuda parda" spiders!

Was Mike Armstrong. Got logged off; couldn't log back on. RE-registered my old call sign, Mesa.
FNG. Again.
Mike Armstrong
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
great eating, enjoy them.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

60 members (10gaugemag, Akhutr, Anaconda, 6MMWASP, 7 invisible), 1,593 guests, and 820 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,202
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.