Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Nothing to it. I was out. Woke up and it was done. Same with a colonoscopy. The worst part of the colonoscopy was when the doctor told my wife, "despite what you may believe, we didn't find his head up there". She replied, "then you didn't look hard enough".

Yeah, I know. I plagiarized that one from Foxworthy.

Mart

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
GB1

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Had both barrels a week ago at the same session.
Very relaxing and the best farts I've done in years.
Trophy book records.

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I used to get one once a year now they stretch it out to every 3 years, Piece of cake. my doc gives me a shot, I go to sleep next thing I know my wife is telling me to quite asking her what time it is.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by AussieGunWriter
Had both barrels a week ago at the same session.
Very relaxing and the best farts I've done in years.
Trophy book records.

You do know that when they do both at the same time they do the butt first....... grin

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Godogs57
Been dealing with a GERD/reflux issue since last fall following a three month treatment of prednisone for mold infection.

On a new med for reflux and hope it works, but they are looking at going down the pipe to take a look. I've had a colonoscopy and that was nothing (at least in my eyes).

What can I expect for this procedure? The thought of me deep throating anything gives me the heebie jeebies. Anything to it?

Thanks in advance for any words of wisdom.

I've had many.......and actually survived them all.

But......it ain't the scoping that's scary..........its the potential results........

Confucius say: He who angers you.......controls you.

My Lifestance is one of Secular Humanism.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Godogs57
Been dealing with a GERD/reflux issue since last fall following a three month treatment of prednisone for mold infection.

On a new med for reflux and hope it works, but they are looking at going down the pipe to take a look. I've had a colonoscopy and that was nothing (at least in my eyes).

What can I expect for this procedure? The thought of me deep throating anything gives me the heebie jeebies. Anything to it?

Thanks in advance for any words of wisdom.

No big deal and they put you to sleep. Very much worth the procedure. Fixes the acid reflux damage and is 100% improvement.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I had one done in 2012 and nearly died as my heart went out of synchronization and I had to be transported to hospital where I was in ICU for 24 hours. Released from Hospital 3 days later. We're going to do a pacemaker but heart is controlled by medicine.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Had one done a few months ago.

Total Breeze.!

Check in, put on the gown, get the IV, wheeled to surgery room, bite down on thread spool looking gizmo, lights out....wake up, fumble getting dressed, go home.!

...as easy as that! I had mine in both ends at the same time, both tests. Have that esophagus checked! Barrett's esophagus or cancer can be bad stuff. Good luck in their findings.

Hoping all is OK. wink

L2S

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 12344mag
I used to get one once a year now they stretch it out to every 3 years, Piece of cake. my doc gives me a shot, I go to sleep next thing I know my wife is telling me to quite asking her what time it is.

Haha. I did the same exact thing. My ol'lady said I was obsessed with what time it was until I fully woke up.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nothing to it. They put you about half under and run a camera down your throat. Out here they do demand that you have someone else there to drive you home due to the fog of being put half under.

Go tell the Spartans,Travelers passing by,That here,Obedient to their laws we lie.

I'm older now but I'm still runnin' against the wind

IC B3

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Skidrow
Nothing to it. They put you about half under and run a camera down your throat. Out here they do demand that you have someone else there to drive you home due to the fog of being put half under.

Same with me. They also said to choose someone that can hear the results which brings home the reality that some people get bad news.

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
If you wake up and it taste like chit , you know they fogot to wash the "camera" first " smile

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Had mine at same time in hospital...can't do the office sedation thing....seems I wake up at the wrong time! Other than that, no sweat!

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Got back from the doc today and this is what they found in my esophagus.

[Linked Image]

Haven't sat down with the doc and discussed the current status but am very concerned.

NOTE TO 24 members.

Don't ignore acid reflux as something minor and straight shots of whiskey ain't always the best way to relieve stress.

Wish me luck with this....

Proud NRA Life Member
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Ooof, not sure what I am looking at, but doesn't look right.

To the OP: I had one in the past, they drug you up, spray some cherry flavored crap in your throat so it numbs you, then you fall a sleep and don't remember anything. You wake up and you are good to go.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just about everything is treatable these days when you look at the big picture...

Best of luck. No sense in worrying about it till you sit down with the Doc...

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Luck, Sal.

What do the pics show?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I went in this morning for an endoscopy of my esophagus again due to recent complications.
I had previously been diagnosed with a condition known as "Barrett's Esophagus" where acid reflux had eroded the lining of my esophagus greatly increasing my risk of cancer.
The photo taken today shows increased erosion and those very concerning white spots.
In this computer era we are always self diagnosing and often jump to incorrect conclusions, but I'm not sleeping too well until I get some positive feedback from my doctor in the next few days.

Thanks for the well wishes.

Proud NRA Life Member
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Catching it early can help a LOT!

Prayers sent.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (160user, 11point, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 1eyedmule, 54 invisible), 2,987 guests, and 1,247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,352
Posts18,468,867
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.