Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Why do some here feed the trolls?
Is it because you think that you can win an argument with these a-holes?
Or is it because you think that you can magically talk some sense into them?
It seems like this comes up about once or twice a year.
I hope that y'all know that replying to them just makes them worse so please stop. They'll go away if we all quit responding to their posts. Please?

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
BP-B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I have never figured out why anyone responds to a troll.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Thanks Bart.

I'm with you on this one.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Scott F

TRH is the #1 troll here and folks feed his idiocy every day. Mind boggling.

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Because they too love the drama I guess..and nowhere else are
Good ol boy backslappin pile on threads more popular than here, creating an internet troll buffet..

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I ignored them at first, but I found it impossible to ignore the BS they spew. I had some of them on ignore, but couldn't help toggling to see what kind of dnc/Brady/hci/greenpeace talking points would pop up on my screen. When that didn't work I took them off ignore, and started posting political cartoons in response to their posts. Lately I've been actually trying to discredit them with facts which kind of works as they tend to leave the conversation when it isn't going their way.

http://pin.it/_WJQ2xO

and FREE EYEBALL!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bart..... Check my long standing signature line..... Great minds think alike....... Huge difference between people who have diverse points of view vs trolls who only want to get a reaction.....

IMO most here know how to tell the difference..... And don't rise to the bait.... Always room for improvement though....

Please don't feed the trolls!
C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by BrotherBart

guess we have vastly different opinions of what a troll is and how they operate. I might not agree with what some of TRH says but he can and does speak his mind without resorting to 3 year old tactics. I've more respect for a guy that stands up for himself than the 20 guys that act like a pack of hyenas.
Some of these guys that show up outta nowhere with nothing but foul mouthed vile insults..those are trolls

She's gone shootin..
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BrotherBart

Bart, I like you, but you are wrong on this. TRH is not a troll. Agree or disagree with him, he believes deeply in traditional American values, the same as I perceive you to. He doesn't post stuff just to get a rise out of people. You NEVER see TRH on the wrong side of the gun control issue. NEVER. You never see him supporting some dickweasel like Obama and saying that he believes him when Obama says he won't take away our guns. TRH is very knowledgeable about handguns in particular and helps folks when he can on that forum.

There are plenty of trolls and worse on these pages anymore. They multiply on hot topics like the Bundy thing. The "Lauren" troll is a great example. "4100"...some others. I don't put them on Ignore, but they are easy enough to forget about when you simply disregard them.

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Ethan I couldn't agree more..and Brother Bart, I have no beef with you but since you asked a serious question here's a serious opinion... You just started the classic troll thread, and managed to incorporate a classic call out thread in it as well..

She's gone shootin..
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
The place would not be as much fun without assh*les and trolls. It's just like wresslin', you gotta have villians. What would happen to Jerry Springer if he got rid of all the idiots, it's why folks watch the show.

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Certifiable
Ethan I couldn't agree more..and Brother Bart, I have no beef with you but since you asked a serious question here's a serious opinion... You just started the classic troll thread, and managed to incorporate a classic call out thread in it as well..

You are wrong.
We all know the opinion/a$$hole analogy... You need to scrub your starfish with a bar of Lava soap.
The Campfire has been my internet home since 2003 and I've seen turds come and go. I don't know you so you must be pretty self important.

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Tell me I'm wrong, tout your credentials over mine, then lob 3yr old insults.. Brilliant!!

She's gone shootin..
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Certifiable
Tell me I'm wrong, tout your credentials over mine, then lob 3yr old insults.. Brilliant!!

I guess I should give you the benefit of the doubt because you live in a Marxist state but I won't. I'm going to take my own advice and not feed you anymore.

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
And now you go right to judging because of where I live? Man I NEVER saw that coming!! You don't know me at all, but feel free to throw out some more grossly incorrect stereotypes, while calling other people trolls. That's rich

You asked a "serious" question, I gave you my serious answer. You didn't like them so your taking your ball and going home.. It's late, but before I hit the fart sack Bart, I'd ask you to consider your question posed to members here, and the way you respond when one didn't agree with you. Just a smidge of a double standard goin on..

She's gone shootin..
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Maybe time to do it again, Bart.

Take a Break

Happy trails...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by johnw
Maybe time to do it again, Bart.

Take a Break

Happy trails...

You might be right.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Agree and I do ignore them. In fact, once I give my view in a thread I do not return to it.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I think Rick Bin summed it up pretty well last time.....

"Bart:

You're full of hooey.

This place is full of people with prodigious experience, accomplishment, character, and tact, and your characterization of them as anything but that is presumptuous and insulting. The list of people here who have BD and DT more than me and you and ten of your best friends, combined, is in the thousands -- people who have hunted plenty, killed plenty, and shot plenty, all over the world -- people with real bona fides. That includes guides and outfitters from all over the world, African PHs, Alaskan hunters and fishermen, and non-professional men and women whose localized experience collectively brings untold depth to the talent pool here. That is not even taking into account the industry folks here whose depth AND breadth of knowledge and experience outpace in one year what many of us, you included, will do in ten.

As to my posting, I try to post here only when I have something of value to add. Your characterization of my level of posting as somehow supporting your lamebrained conclusion is presumptuous and insulting -- and just plain wrong.

Cults suck, huh? Interesting.

The future of the Campfire is brighter now than ever, my friend. As long as we have people of character, morals, experience, and discernment, and I daresay we have those in spades, we'll be just fine.

Ladies and gentlemen, I just want to go on the record to state that I vehemently disagree with Bart's characterization of the Campfire membership as inferior or somehow worthy of his contempt. I hold you all in the highest esteem, for who you are, for what you have accomplished, and also for what we all will learn and accomplish in the future.

Imbeciles, idiots, and trolls, huh? That's rich, Bart.

rb"

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Pretty compelling, and what I'd expect someone trying to make money would say.

I know of several instances of a certain someone sitting on McMillan stock money, but I'll not get into that now.

I see he mentions hunters in that. TRH isn't a hunter, nor are quite a few of the idiots that feel the need to post around here, more funny stuff.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
174 members (32_20fan, 257_X_50, 1minute, 300_savage, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 19 invisible), 2,045 guests, and 973 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,648
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.