Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13
bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
everyone of these little short fat ass cock suckers on the video should be fired and jailed for this kind of chit. This dog will be hard to replace regardless of the money the county will have to pay out. They not only cost the man his dog , they took time and money out of his pocket. Plus his home had just been robbed before the Nazis Troopers arrived .

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Did a little googling.....They make $13.99 an hour.

If that's what you're gonna pay them, you'd be better off to not.
You forgot overtime and medical, and likely more. Cops can hugely increase their actual pay by regularly logging overtime.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bea175
everyone of these little short fat ass cock suckers on the video should be fired and jailed for this kind of chit. This dog will be hard to replace regardless of the money the county will have to pay out. They not only cost the man his dog , they took time and money out of his pocket. Plus his home had just been robbed before the Nazis Troopers arrived .

None of that matters, subject. The Officer's Safety is paramount and he will go home safely. That is all that is important.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
yep and God Bless Texas

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

this is true, for example I'll bid a tile job and they'll tell me well so and so from the valley (rio grande) will do it for a dollar a ft. i tell them fine call me when their done and i'll fix it and don't pay them any money up front, you get what you pay for.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

For sure that's a pretty low wage for someone with so much responsibility, but around here the utility companies pay their meter readers $9/hour and even at that low wage they're smart enough to get back in the car if a strange dog comes running in their direction.

So, while I agree that that's a disgraceful wage to pay a LEO, I don't believe it has anything to do with smarts.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by bruinruin

For sure that's a pretty low wage for someone with so much responsibility, but around here the utility companies pay their meter readers $9/hour and even at that low wage they're smart enough to get back in the car if a strange dog comes running in their direction.

So, while I agree that that's a disgraceful wage to pay a LEO, I don't believe it has anything to do with smarts.
Yep, that sort of conduct isn't stemming from a lack of smarts. It's stemming from an excess of contempt for regular folks and normal standards of society due to an inflated ego that seems to have become the norm for cops in the last thirty years.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sure it stems from a lack of smarts. Even if I have a burning desire to murder farm dogs, if I'm smart I won't do it. Or at least won't do it in broad daylight in front of the farmer. Or in front of my camera.

I'm not advocating the murder of farm dogs. I am pretty adamant that this deputy isn't the brightest tool in the shed.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Sure it stems from a lack of smarts. Even if I have a burning desire to murder farm dogs, if I'm smart I won't do it. Or at least won't do it in broad daylight in front of the farmer. Or in front of my camera.

I'm not advocating the murder of farm dogs. I am pretty adamant that this deputy isn't the brightest tool in the shed.
A dog is killed by law enforcement every 98 minutes in the US.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If you're implying that there is an overabundance of stupid cops, you'll get no argument from me.

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
If you're implying that there is an overabundance of stupid cops, you'll get no argument from me.
That's not what I'm implying. The sort of hubris that causes this sort of behavior is only to be expected in light of what the police profession in the US has evolved into. Has little to do with intelligence.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It's like being raped, calling the cops for assistance, and they take sloppy seconds for themselves before leaving without an investigation.

Everything has gone completely to [bleep].

Try shooting a police dog that is acting aggressively (or not) and see how far you get.

We are completely screwed. There is absolutely no way to protect yourself from bad law enforcement.

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

Again, this 'pay us cops more or this kind of bad stuff is going to happen, maybe to you' is simple bald faced extortion under the color of law.

Every cop that references police compensation in regard to police crimes, incompetence, and misconduct is no better than the urban gang member extorting one store owner with stories of what happened to the last that did not pay.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Most of us think there are too many dumb cops out there. All of us think you're an idiot.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Texas Cop Trips Girls Celebrating State Soccer Title, Creates New Generation of Cop Haters

Ever wonder why some people hate cops? Watch the video above, captured on a cell phone, for some clues.

On Saturday, after Vandergrift High School's Lady Vipers won a state soccer title, fans poured on to the field to celebrate. Like a Berlin Wall border guard, a Georgetown, Texas, cop tried to stanch the celebratory flow by kicking and tripping celebrants.

The Austin American-Statesman reports that the office, George Bermudez, has been put on leave until an investigation is completed:

Bermudez was chosen as an outstanding police officer for the Georgetown Police Department last year

http://reason.com/blog/2014/04/22/texas-cop-trips-girls-celebrating-state

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's not extortion, it's common sense. If you hire a $3 whore, don't expect a $500 BJ. Don't expect fast food value burgers to taste the same as a $50 ribeye. And don't expect to pay $13 an hour and hire the cream of the crop police officers.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I know I wouldn't be a cop for $13 an hour. It just ain't worth it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's not extortion, it's common sense. If you hire a $3 whore, don't expect a $500 BJ. Don't expect fast food value burgers to taste the same as a $50 ribeye. And don't expect to pay $13 an hour and hire the cream of the crop police officers.

Right, that's why all this schit happens: the cops aren't paid enough.

JFC.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by 4ager

Right, that's why all this schit happens: the cops aren't paid enough.

JFC.
Yup - more bucks will improve their principles....Bet that guy would have rather drowned the cop.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can absolutely, positively guarantee that at some point in time, that "officer" would meet an untimely end or simply disappear from the face of the earth if either of my dogs had that happen to them.

Wouldn't say a word, just take care of business on my own terms & in my own time.

MM

Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

613 members (10gaugeman, 1_deuce, 222Sako, 222ND, 10Glocks, 1234, 71 invisible), 2,617 guests, and 1,272 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,669
Posts18,455,977
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.