Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
So here's a thought. Speaking from my own perspective and just my opinion or preference. Mostly because I want/need to know for me.

I post many photo's on here. I do it to share as I enjoy that aspect of photography immensely. But for me personally I am always looking to improve or finding ways to shoot or provide the things people want to see and how they want to see it.

I think that this place is unique as most of us here are/were hunters. Which brings a whole new outlook on the images posted here. I get a lot of confused looks when I speak about the beauty of nature and the conservation of these amazing animals that was preceded by my mentioning I was an outfitter. Many (mostly women) write me off after I mention that. They can't compute my love and respect for nature and I used to get paid to help others hunt. That was then ...

What I'd like to see happen here is feedback and questions on the photo's posted. It can only benefit us all. It appears there are many here who may be taking their photo's to a new level. Many are seeking better equipment and PP programs and have asked technical questions. Now we can all go to photo sites and do the same but there is a different type of people there and many are not un-politically correct or many say nothing as they have nothing good to say. But that doesn't help me personally. It is easy to "like" a photo and "+1" a photo.. any one can say WOW or that's awesome. I personally want more.

It can be "How'd you get that angle" or it looks fussy to me..why is that. I'd even like .. what were you thinking when you took that shot.. I don't get it... I'd even entertain.. "here's what I'd like to see" ______________

I'd also be more than willing and actually quite enjoy helping others if I can. I spent about 40 min. in YNP the other day helping a woman with her equipment and explaining how to set things to capture the image the way she wanted. She was very gracious and I feel much better knowing she'll get more from her photo's.

so waddya say.. can we start some interaction for those who post photo's?

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A "yes" for sure. Mostly I follow Cookie around and post her stuff with essentially no manipulations. There are times, however, where I know we could better things with ISO, f-stop, white balance adjustments etc. Being somewhat color blind though, I never venture into color manipulations. It would be nice if those with the knowledge and maybe even specific examples would chime in with constructive suggestions and or examples. If one is thin skinned, however, constructive criticism is often viewed as simply criticism. I've had the good fortune of dealing with editors and peer reviewed manuscripts over the years, and can now accept a pretty severe beating without getting too worked up.

1Minute
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
I hear that..yeah, for "artists" or aspiring ones any criticism is hard to hear..but if you want to impress or reach others you need to be able accept others impressions. Here on forums though if you don't like it you have the option to take your ball and go home ;-)

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Huh..that's it...? K, no worries...

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Seems like a great idea. People are taking the time to take and post images. Special images deserve comments and questions. It is a very huge art form today

Joel Paymer
Camera Land
720 Old Bethpage Road
Old Bethpage, NY 11804
www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000
[email protected]
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Agreed.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Cocadori,
Thanks for posting this "go ahead and ask questions" post! Your pictures have always been some of my favorites and I have always had many questions to ask about them but was kind of hesitant to ask them. When you started putting your camera lens and settings above your pictures I was very pleased.
Being from Montana myself, your pics are closer to home so they have more interest to me. I may have to take a drive to Three Forks some day just to pick your mind!!
I take part in many firearm related forums, and this forum's photography section is the best by far with the best examples of fine photography I have seen.
So, ---1st. question. I can never seem to get the pictures I think are shareable to look the same after posting them on the forum. It seems that after putting them on Photobucket they lose what I had before so I don't post them. Do I need to invest in Light Room or something comparable?
For example, I am going from Picasa to Photobucket! No good???

Thanks for any advise from anybody,
Ken

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Ken,

Could be the hosting site and the compression they use... imageevent ( what I use ) has the option to share the originally saved file. I'm just kinda speculating here..

Others will know more than I do on this.

Feel free to ask away... I've no hesitation in sharing anything !

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
I have always just looked at the photo gallery in amazement at the pics... I have basic gear and have not a lot of knowledge about the how to adjust all the features.... But I have a blast taking a ton of pics... My theory is if I take 150 shots maybe one will be the one I was thinking of....

C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
We all kinda do that. ;-)

I've won awards with this pic.. It was a D90 kit lens and a lucky moment.

[Linked Image]

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

644 members (12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 1eyedmule, 70 invisible), 2,535 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,683
Posts18,456,356
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.