Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Dazzled here, very nice work underway!

D

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image]
Mack5511 and OIDabble rolled in Saturday, and after a Sunday breakfast at the local cafe we did a little visiting /hanging out.Put a mechanical wind zero on the roller. Yesterday was a get 'er done clinic,....annealing, case forming, loading,...etc. Mackk5511 will mebbe have some pics of alla' that. On the way back to their digs they piced up a smaller bead, which we fitted this AM
[Linked Image]
Suitably coffeed up, we hit out for the S.V. Range,....and spent one of the more enjoyable days I'll remember,....The rifle's just a real pussycat and refuses to foul or misbehave. The "tight bore" aspect of the Getz barrel did raise some minor PITAS,...simple ones related to forming dies and cleaning jags on hand being spooled up for the standard .450-4585" dimensions,....
[Linked Image]
We got right after shooting at longer ranges, and found that 500 yards was a bit beyond the elevation available with the Receiver sight fitted,....so we pulled in closer to 300Yards and went to work on a
12 X 12 plate. Garnered great response to corrections, on a rare calm day, tossing 550 gr Leeth Gordon bullets in sensible mid 1100s velocity range.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
We moved in to 50 yards,.....and I shot some of those brutal full house loads that I didi the initial shoot with,....
Minor tweaks to the final mechanical wind zero ensued
[Linked Image]
Fussy job,....but worth the time,....Tomorrow AM I'll hit the sight with some Green Loctite, and make a witness mark,....

A compendium of OLD match ammunition lefovers were obviously making for some vertical stringing, ....but the target called out not to worse horizontal,...I would have RATHERED a post, the glare off the bead in late afternoon desert Sun made for a sketchy, one sided sight picture.It WILL be cat's anus in low light and dense cover....

Mack5511 is going to be a holy TERROR with this rifle,...we moved back on out onto that 300 yard plate, and I walked him in,....making 2 or three corrections,...and after that he put 4-5 into a very tight KNOT,...threw a couple off,....but called his misses well.I was at that point feeding the rifle with HOT ram loads, and he just soaks that recoil up like a post. Rugby player, dontca' know.

Tired here after a LONG day,....THANKS for a fine feed at Ricardo's fellas'

More soon.

GTC

Last edited by crossfireoops; 12/08/15.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Tried my hand at creating a video from some of the video shot on the range day.

Still have more pics from the trip to go through.

Mack

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Mack,.... Says," Sign in" ???

Okay,....so how the HECK do we view this ?

Merry Christmas, Old Timer !

Greg

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Greg,

Sorry I had to change a setting in youtube as the music I used was copywrited. Should be able to view now.

Mack

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Good thing there's no audio,....that too tight wiping stick had a fella turning the air blue, for a while there IIRC.

...that "tight bored" barrel sure does shoot like a house afire, though.

Watched all the dark low cumulus that's now blizzarding NM pass over last night,into a VERY dark dawn,...an "Arch" formed NW to SE, and the sky cleared,...one can smell the Polar bear pizz and seal dung in the N X NW wind that's up now.

....this ain't an Az., "Warm Cold"

Cheers!

GTC

M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Audio wasn't to profane but with all the other shooters in the background I thought music would be a better background plus I was trying to figure out the whole video editing software I was using. Now if I could figure out on the audio track to just mute the loud "bangs" and not the voices I would keep it. You passed along some very valuable information in that shooting session. I have a almost an hour or more of unedited footage that could be split up into more manageable chunks.

I will see if I can put some more together in the rest of my downtime.

Although I am trying to pin Dan down for a beer or lunch Mon or Tues. I will pass along your well wishes Greg.

Mack

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A rather final evolution,...Packing one up RIGHT

The bottom of this box was made up of clear kiln dried pine
planks, 1 X 8 and 1 X 6,...the rest, odds and ends of good material, with LOTS of wood glue and Torx head screws. You could block up a truck with it.

[Linked Image]

"Pool Noodles" are on sale every Fall, Early Winter here, at giveaway prices... as well as being the BEST pipe insulation going, ...you'll never work with a better material For packing a long arm,...Bubble wrap has it's place, too,...that stuff is damned sure getting SPENDY, though. There are longitudinal and transverse wooden cleats, and some well padded tying wires holding the whole shebang in skew

[Linked Image]

Some ossified, splintery old Fir 1/2" ply suffices for a lid, again LOTS of screws.

[Linked Image]

You CANNOT ship a wooden box, bare, anymore. The shippers and freight outfits want cardboard or heavy paper covering em'. Get your box / crate sizing calc'd right, and that part becomes fairly EASY....bang, zoom, done.

[Linked Image]

Another "Adios'" in play here,...wishin' I'd gotten in more time behind this one,....the weather simply hasn't cooperated.Things work out right, I'll be seeing it again, though.If it turns up at one of your gatherings, grab ahold of it, swing it around a bit, bum a round or two of good BP ammo from one of the main perpetrators and ENJOY !

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
631 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 12308300, 56 invisible), 2,870 guests, and 1,205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,740
Posts18,401,149
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.