Print Thread
Hop To
S
slymule Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Does anybody know if anyone makes a big loop lever for the 39a? Tried DCR and WWG, checking out their websites with no luck.

BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I've axed this same question a couple times over the years and have gotten pretty much the same response. I'm guessing it's doubtful.

Black Cows Matter!
S
slymule Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
After seeing 886 looks and only 1 response I pretty much came to the same conclusion. Also kind of figured there were 886 guys that were hoping that somebody knew where they could buy one too.

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Yous guys might want to try Muleloops.com

Living in the Land of Sunshine & No Basements
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian"
Semper Fi The Old Corps Era of the M-1 Garand�
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I stumbled upon this thread at marlin owners.

39a Big loop lever.

WWG is taking a poll to see if there is enough interest in a 39a big loop lever to start tooling for manufacturing.

I am an N.R.A. Life Member,you should be to.

IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
You guys gotta tell me, why would anyone want a big loop lever for ANY lever rifle? I have large or extra-large hands that fit just fine in both of my Marlins; one of which is a 39a.

I don't feel any need to pretend to be Chuck Connor or any other TV hero, so maybe that's the reason I don't need a big loop. Or is there something else I'm missing?

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The scope of the gun world and market would be greatly diminished were it not for the fantasy aspect. Who of us, at least from earlier generations, didn't dream of owning a real cowboy rifle?

Just consider BPCRs as a prime example. We are part of a small minority who compete or even hunt with them. You yourself have postulated that a high proportion of Shilohs end up as safe queens.

To me, it's all good. So long as folks pursue their interest in various types of firearms in a responsible manner, I'm fine with it.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I will qualify my earlier post with this admittedly self-interested opinion.

If the manufacturers of lever rifles would divert their efforts in producing the fantasy versions, like the ultra short barreled models that fill the tables at gun shows, and instead made more of the longer barreled truly shootable versions, especially in the very scarce pistol calibers, I'd be a happy camper, and I'm betting I'd have lots of company.

The scarcity and cost of suitable lever rifles is really hurting the lever silhouette game.

Paul

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Paul,

To each his own.

I happen to like the short barreled lever guns, AKA Trappers.

Have had two cut down. An 1895 Marlin XLR 54-70, cut to 17" and a 92 clone in .45 Colt, cut to 16"

These for me, are really handy to pack, and point FAST for "brush" hunting.

Myself, I don't care for the big loop levers either.

Virgil B.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Yep, to each his own.

I was just bemoaning the lopsided availability, reflected in the prices of the respective models.

A decent pistol caliber Marlin with a 24" barrel is running well north of a grand these days, too rich for me.

That's the main reason why I settled for my Rossi 92. With a bunch of kitchen table tweaking, it shoots great and is one of my favorite shooters. The aesthetics of the Brazilian "walnut", not so much.

Paul

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
OOOps, My bad!

My post SHOULD have read; 45-70 NOT 54-70

Sorry for any confusion.

Virgil B.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Head over to marlinowners and look up muleman. I don't think he makes his own loops, he will mod yours just how you like it.

“Lighten up Francis”
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by micky
Head over to marlinowners and look up muleman. I don't think he makes his own loops, he will mod yours just how you like it.

Yept....Muleman @ Marlinowners is the man........

he will modify your lever...does a nice job too...

contact him & he will schedule you...

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BrentD
You guys gotta tell me, why would anyone want a big loop lever for ANY lever rifle? I have large or extra-large hands that fit just fine in both of my Marlins; one of which is a 39a.

I don't feel any need to pretend to be Chuck Connor or any other TV hero, so maybe that's the reason I don't need a big loop. Or is there something else I'm missing?

Most likely your dilemma would be best explained by whichever body parts you consider to be "extra-large" are just mid-sized to smallish for the rest of us here. grin

Black Cows Matter!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BrentD

Bremt try a regular loop at -30 with gloves,mittins etc. and you will like the large loop. body part sizes have nothing to do with it.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
649 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 12308300, 55 invisible), 3,137 guests, and 1,228 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,741
Posts18,401,179
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.