Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Their web-site doesn't show the SPBT cup-n-core rifle bullets anymore either, though a call and three transfers later and I was able to get someone to confirm that they are still making them.

The entire conversation was a bit of a clusterphuck, and left me unimpressed.

Dave

If you're not burning through batteries in your headlamp,...you're doing it wrong.
HR IC

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I quit worrying about handgun bullet availability about thirty some years ago. I started casting my own and have not felt the need for a jacketed handgun bullet since. Just my two cents worth...........

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
K
K
I know this is an old thread, but am wondering if things have changed with regards to Speer component availability in the last ~2 yrs?
Just started looking for the .429 270gr Deep Curl and am now thinking it might be a unicorn ... frown

Edit:
Originally Posted by southtexas
Brought out the Deep Shock line
Cancelled the Deep Shock line
Introduced the Deep Curl line
Cancelled the Hot Core line
Re-introduced the Hot Core line
Cancelled the Deep Curl line
Website still touts the Deep Curls.

Clueless...

Don't forget the Grand Slam upgrade to the Mag Tip design (which was discontinued sometime later), then discontinuing some of the Grand Slam designs - like .358 for example. frown

And there was the "Uni-Cor" name for a while for some of their plated handgun designs.

Let's see; as a comparison, how many decades have we been able to purchase the Partition or the Interlock now?
I certainly have no reservations about developing handloads for those two bullet designs ...

Last edited by Kestrel; 08/23/16.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A now Hornady has canceled some of their Interlocks!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thankfully, I stocked up on the Hornady .257 100 gr Interlocks, right as they were phasing them out.

I have gone thru my .264 120 Hot Cores faster than anticipated and already found replacement loads with 120 Sierras and 100 TTSX's for my 260.

Now if Nosler would catch up on the stuff I need.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Yeah, Hornady dropping the 6mm 100 Interlock Flat Base while keeping the BT version is killing me. The Flat Base Interlock was the best thing in their entire product line.

Mark in GA

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Let's face it. They're all doing it. Have you tried finding any of Winchester's "seasonal brass or ammo in the last few years? How about Remington? Federal? Load ammo is their big money maker and they're literally only loading the big sellers and most popular cartridges. What Winchester brass that's showing up is not even seconds but most likely "thirds". The big money is all the bean counters care about. They don't care if they alienate us handloaders. At least Hornady is loading some of the "seasonal" cartridges like the 7x57 which they sell as the .275 Rigby for the snob 7x57 shooters. Nosher's stuff ain't cheap but has a good reputation. I did buy 100 rounds of Nosler .280 Rem. brass but haven't had time to load any yet. Does look a hell of a lot better than any Winchester I've seen lately.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by MarkinGA
Yeah, Hornady dropping the 6mm 100 Interlock Flat Base while keeping the BT version is killing me. The Flat Base Interlock was the best thing in their entire product line.

Mark in GA

Same thing with the 165 in .308".

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R

Clueless...

Before that it was:
Introduce Grand Slam
Change the mixture of lead
Don't tell anyone
Cancel Grand SLam line

Throttle fixes everything. If it doesn't fix the problem, it’ll end the suspense.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
The Texas stash. A pile more resides in Idaho.

[Linked Image]

I like the old Nosler's too. This the Texas stash.

[Linked Image]

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B3

K
K
I emailed Speer with a few questions regarding their 0.429" Deep Curl bullet; specifically because of posts in this thread that are making me wonder about the degree to which the are supplying reloading components.

I hope it's OK to post correspondence in the forums? Some forums permit this but not others - I can take it down if there are any issues with that here.

Originally Posted by /me/
Hello,
I am shopping for 270+ grain 0.429" JSP's. Can you tell me the differences (technical/design & terminal ballistics) between the 270gr Deep Curl and the 300gr JSP?

Originally Posted by Speer
The 300 gran JSP is no longer in production.
The Deep Curl 270 grain bullet is a heavy plated bullet. It was once called Gold Dot. But in the bigger heavier bullet classes and those used for hunting the name was changed to Deep Curl. The Deep Curl bullets have high bullet retention weights. They peel back in a nice rose petal form to make a large wound channel. These are essentially for pistols a premium hunting bullet.
For the H110 the CCI 350, large pistol magnum primer is used in the load data. For loading data, a start charge of 19.0 and a max charge of 21.0 grains for this bullet. The velocities are from 1468 - 1573 from the test weapon that had a 20 inch barrel. The COAL for his load was 1.595 inches.

Originally Posted by /me/
Hello,
I have been looking on where to find the 270gr DC and everywhere looks to be out of stock.
Is there an estimated date for when this bullet is next produced?
Thanks for your time,

Originally Posted by Speer
[...] I would not be able to assist you in the finding of the Deep Curl bullets. We use a two tiered system of distribution. We only sell to distributors. We have approximately 50 of them across the country. The distributor then sells to the dealer/retailer and wholesalers. Once the bullets are shipped to the distributor, we here at Speer have absolutely no control on who is the end consumer. About the best I could tell you is to go to the Speer website and use the dealer locator. But, not everyone that sells our product gets listed as a dealer. These dealers are only the ones that ask us to be placed on our site as a seller of our products. There are many that do sell our products that may not be listed. In other words, don’t overlook the mom and pop shops out there for Speer products.

As far as replies go, that last one rates a 'zero' unfortunately. frown

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Clueless...

YES!

that's the show I watched. painful and purposeless like a teen drama.

First teach a child to love God, second teach him to love family, third teach him to fish and hunt and by the time he is in his teens no dope dealer under the sun can teach him anything. Cotton Cordell
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
423 members (007FJ, 1lesfox, 1lessdog, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 41 invisible), 2,393 guests, and 991 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,731
Posts18,400,902
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.