Campfire Oracle
S
How much work was the inlet?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
very little really. precisiongunworks.com does a fine job. they leave the wood about a 16th proud also so its just sanding to finish except at the tang ends. there I had to reduce the wood quite a bit on the bottom but not so much on top. the hardest part of fitting is drilling the tang screw hole straight enough to engage the bottom hole. started small and it worked.
now to drill and mount the butt plate. after that i'll make a forearm for it to match. haven't decided if I'm going to checker it or not. body is failing me and checkering needs top of your game.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Well I like it. Might need to give it a whirl, especially since I hunt with open and aperture sights, that stock would work well.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
works great! www.precisiongunstocks.com

steelhead if you do get this stock, be advised it is not bench rest friendly. can't get it seated right on my shoulder when on bags. it hurts!!!!!!
going to be a snap shot rifle. works good that way.

Last edited by deerstalker; 05/19/14. Reason: shot it

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ah, the 99 and the Winchester automatic mark you as one with a classically trained palate. The butt plate looks very fine, Ruger had a similar eye to pick it for his carbines.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
thank you 5th, I appreciate the compliment. what you have seen is just a sample. I do love the art that went into the old ones.[Linked Image][Linked Image]
here is one form 1720

Last edited by deerstalker; 05/20/14.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Looking good deerstalker. BTW, I was able to assemble the bolt you sent me (with the new short action parts) last evening and it goes in the gun. Shortened the long spring, replaced the firing pin and bolt body. Now to a gunsmith for final checking. Thank you!

LOL
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
stupid me, i should have sent you the gauges with it. have go-no go-and field. hope it turns out . if ever you find some one that needs an old style barrel in 06 let me know. I think its 22 inch with boss for sight. light weight.

I guess I need to o back to bed. the gauges wouldn't do you any good with the 243.
ms. sucks

Last edited by deerstalker; 05/22/14. Reason: brain fade

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I talked myself into checkering the stock. going to put a classic 1894 pattern on it.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I like what you did to remove some of the dish from the butt plate, I'm of the opinion (yes, everyone has those too) that you should have retained the "S" grip knob. But then, you would have needed a square back lever modification. Where does it end? Best wishes,

Jack

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
got stalled by that terrible thing called work. also fitting a new stock to a puma 92 454 Casuall. hope to start checkering next week.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
here she is all stained and ready for checkering. hope I can work up the energy to checker[Linked Image].

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Very nice, very nice indeed. I think I might have to give the a try.

Where did you get the buttplate at?

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I see they have the buttplates at same place you bought the stock.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
steelhead, yes pgw sells the buttplates. but, if you watch ebay you can get one cheaper. they take some grinding and polishing plus drilling though. pgw sells theirs ready to blue/color. I kinda went plum on this one.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
You've inspired me to take the plunge this winter.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
be sure to post pics. my MS has me so slowed down but I still love doing these projects.
by the way steelhead I have an extra butt plate if you decide to go with it. let it go for cost.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
703 members (10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12308300, 007FJ, 160user, 10Glocks, 82 invisible), 2,736 guests, and 1,302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,637
Posts18,398,948
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.