-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not all you missed! Last weekend with the fouled 17...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Do you know anything about Colt's? Or are you a Ruger guy?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
He prefers Taurus.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
This revolver can be authenticated by the Colt archive department, correct?

Travis
I believe the OP said that Colt had no record of ever shipping that gun. I think this one may be beyond Colt's to authenticate. You have to go to someone who specializes in this sort of thing. I've never had much taste for collectibles, but I have friends who are into them (none who are into Colt's SAA's though...but if you want a Purdey checked out...).

Kinda like Winchester, you always went to Madis or the Cody Museum for authentication. Both have (had in the case of the Late Mr. Madis) copies of the books from early Winchester on up to WWII, which goes a long ways. Madis being one of the foremost experts could take things a bit further.

I don't know who does this for 1873 Colt's though.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
If you don't like it, leave. You're talking about cluttering the place up but yet you've made two or three off-topic posts. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out...or do.

Well folks, I tried to do the forum and the thread the respect of taking this stupid pissing match to PM's but Ethan doesn't want to do that. Carry on my wayward butt-hurt son. whistle

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
He prefers Taurus.

Either Taurus or Ruger has an advantage over Colt, as you can always throw the gun at whatever it was that you were shooting at with those pieces of junk...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by CraigC
If you don't like it, leave. You're talking about cluttering the place up but yet you've made two or three off-topic posts. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out...or do.

Well folks, I tried to do the forum and the thread the respect of taking this stupid pissing match to PM's but Ethan doesn't want to do that. Carry on my wayward butt-hurt son. whistle
Look you sniveling anal puppet, I'm not the one PMing somebody and worrying about stupid [bleep]. Like I said before, if you don't like how people carry on here on this site the solution is very simple. Perhaps a site featuring purses or shoes would be more to your preference. I didn't get any farther on that PM than where you cursed me and I just deleted the second one without opening it, so quit cluttering up my inbox.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I didn't get any farther on that PM than where you cursed me...

Was that before or after you told me to go screw myself???

Keep padding your post count, since you obviously think it entitles you to act like an idiot. You're a child and a coward.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Apologies to HClark as I bow out of this thread. I didn't realize a couple of pithy comments would upset the new Eunuch and he would start [bleep] and spitting all over the joint.

Very nice and interesting gun. I hope you'll keep us apprised of what you find out about it.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by shrapnel
He prefers Taurus.

Either Taurus or Ruger has an advantage over Colt, as you can always throw the gun at whatever it was that you were shooting at with those pieces of junk...

OK, you're an Uberti man. We get it.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by GunGeek

Travis
I believe the OP said that Colt had no record of ever shipping that gun. I think this one may be beyond Colt's to authenticate. You have to go to someone who specializes in this sort of thing. I've never had much taste for collectibles, but I have friends who are into them (none who are into Colt's SAA's though...but if you want a Purdey checked out...).

Kinda like Winchester, you always went to Madis or the Cody Museum for authentication. Both have (had in the case of the Late Mr. Madis) copies of the books from early Winchester on up to WWII, which goes a long ways. Madis being one of the foremost experts could take things a bit further.

Yeah, I was under the impression Colt could answer anything for a fee but that obviously is not the case.

Travis

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Yeah, I was under the impression Colt could answer anything for a fee but that obviously is not the case.

I will answer anything for a fee.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Travis

Travis
I believe Colt's used to have an on staff historian like S&W did (maybe still does), but I think that went away in the late '80's/early '90's.

Colt's has been victim of corporate buyouts that just raped the company of anything great and left a shell of what they once were. I would love to see Colt build up their civilian market to its former greatness, but the seem to still be 99.9% focused on the military. The dumb part of that is, everyone knows the M16/M4 will eventually be replaced, and since Colt's is not an innovative company, it won't be a Colt that replaces the M16/M4.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
They still have historians research your Colt and will mail you back a certificate of authenticity and a history of the gun.

I think the older SAA's are about $300.00. More moderner Colts are $75.00.

Travis

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by CraigC

Look you sniveling anal puppet, I'm not the one PMing somebody and worrying about stupid [bleep]. Like I said before, if you don't like how people carry on here on this site the solution is very simple. Perhaps a site featuring purses or shoes would be more to your preference. I didn't get any farther on that PM than where you cursed me and I just deleted the second one without opening it, so quit cluttering up my inbox.

What in God's name is your problem?????????

Max Prasac

Semper Fidelis

The Gun Digest Book of Hunting Revolvers:
https://youtu.be/zKJbjjPaNUE

Bovine Bullet Test
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmtZky8T7-k&t=35s

Gun Digest TV's Modern Shooter:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGo-KMpXPpA&t=7s
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by shrapnel
He prefers Taurus.

Pieces of junk? Really? Most of the Colts I have handled over the years left a lot to be desired -- not the case with my Rugers.

Max Prasac

Semper Fidelis

The Gun Digest Book of Hunting Revolvers:
https://youtu.be/zKJbjjPaNUE

Bovine Bullet Test
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmtZky8T7-k&t=35s

Gun Digest TV's Modern Shooter:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGo-KMpXPpA&t=7s
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Colt's 1873's are beautiful and classic, but not what I'd call robust and durable. I'd expect most Taurus or Ruger revolvers to be far more durable than the 1873.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Colt's has been victim of corporate buyouts that just raped the company of anything great and left a shell of what they once were. I would love to see Colt build up their civilian market to its former greatness, but the seem to still be 99.9% focused on the military. The dumb part of that is, everyone knows the M16/M4 will eventually be replaced, and since Colt's is not an innovative company, it won't be a Colt that replaces the M16/M4.

No, Colt was a victim of its own Holding Company, Colt Industries, who sucked the life out of Colt Firearms, and also Fairbanks Morse engines and Holley Carburetor (and probably others).

Colt had union problems in the 80's, and went bankrupt in the 90's, and new investors stepped in - they hired General Keys to run it in 2002, where most people agree they have turned things around.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Colt had union problems in the 80's, and went bankrupt in the 90's, and new investors stepped in - they hired General Keys to run it in 2002, where most people agree they have turned things around.
I wouldn't call it a turn around, because you have to include the military division of Colt's. They have certainly turned the quality around on their civilian guns. I think Colt's makes a first rate 1911 these days, and the reintroduction of the New Frontier revolver was a stroke of genius; gotta give them props for that.

But the problem is, Colt's is over 90% supported by military contracts, and when the US drops the M16/M4; they're screwed because they have no backup plan.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I thought FN had the contract now?

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

628 members (1234, 19rabbit52, 007FJ, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 1936M71, 64 invisible), 2,611 guests, and 1,230 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,692
Posts18,456,554
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.