Print Thread
Hop To
#8184362 10/23/13
V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
One of my nearest neighbors is a true "movie-o-phile"!
I mean the equipment in his two home theatres IS wonderful stuff!
I often am invited to his home to view his newest Blue Ray movies.
Last week he shared with me the movie "Pacific Rim" which I enjoyed very much on his equipment.
So this week I invited him to be my guest at our local theatre which just began running the movie "Gravity"!
My wife is out on the west coast and tried four times, with our sons, to see Gravity in 3-D out there - finally on the fourth try they were able to get tickets and see the show.
They all enjoyed it very much.
So I was excited to see it even though our local "du-plex" theatre does not have 3-D capability.
My neighbor and I both enjoyed the movie very much and he plans on buying it when it becomes available on Blue Ray.
Unfortunately I can not relay much of the plot of the movie without spoiling any future viewers enjoyment and surprises.
I will relay this though, I have ALWAYS had a secret yearning to be intimate with the movie star Sandra Bullock - she just turns my crank!
NOW, I have a secret yearning to be intimate with Sandra Bullock in a weightless environment!
I recommend the movie and give it an 89 on the VarmintGuy movie appreciation scale of 1 to 100.
I can't even relay my few smallish reservations about the movie without a spoiler alert so will skip them.
I would LOVE to see the movie again in 3-D format or I-Max!
And this - the state of special effects realism in todays movies has become simply stunning - "Gravity" is a great example of this realism!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

GB2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Got Gravity from Netflix and watched it at home this weekend. I would give it a 70.
My guess is that in 3-D at the theatre the movie would be great. Sandra Bullock looked good
and George Clooney was an azzhole - as always.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I give Gravity a 7 out of 10. Suspenseful and lots of action. Not much in the way of acting from any of the characters since they're in space suits and you can't see their faces. Good plot and a good ending. Great space special effects.

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
421 members (007FJ, 1lesfox, 1lessdog, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 41 invisible), 2,391 guests, and 988 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,731
Posts18,400,902
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.