Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
When management and employees agree that a company can produce a poor quality product, in a market full of top quality products they are destine to fail.
I'm afraid Remington has spent far to long counting beans and far little time on product improvement.
If both don't change they are destine to fail no matter where they go.
In my mind this move is 20-30 years to late to save Remington, I hope I'm wrong.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
GB1

G
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
G
I spent most of my working life as a bean counter with a turn around firm. It cost $4,000-15,000 to train an employee in a mechanical production line, so it takes lots of savings to justify closing a plant & starting up a new plant. When Olin put Winchester Brand up for sale, I spent several weeks trying to figure out how it was possible to buy & keep the plant in New Haven. It quickly became evident that Olin was going to sell to FN. When your plant is obsolete it cost no more to & maybe less to start a CNC line with a new work force than retrain an old work force. I know several of Celebus's management team, they are smart people who will do a good job with Remington.

I am now nearly '70 now, when I started hunting with a centerfire the Remington 721/700 considered junk. I learned to shoot with a m12 & my 1st centerfire was a pre 64 m94.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
AAC and TAPCO from GA. That hurts.

TANSTAAFL
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Gahuntertom,

Compared to the model 12 and per- 64 win that you grew up on, the Remington's of the day were junk. The quality of the model 12 will never be seen again.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jimy
When management and employees agree that a company can produce a poor quality product, in a market full of top quality products they are destine to fail.
I'm afraid Remington has spent far to long counting beans and far little time on product improvement.
If both don't change they are destine to fail no matter where they go.
In my mind this move is 20-30 years to late to save Remington, I hope I'm wrong.

I doubt that the employees were consulted on the decision to make crap; that has to come from above. If management encourages sloppy work, fails to provide proper training, and makes poor design decisions, the worker bees have to dance to the tune the bosses play. Apparently, the Freedom Group management feels that they can produce junk and sell enough of it to stay in business. Nothing about this move looks like it will address their quality issues. What a waste.

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Cerberus is chuck full of dumbasses. If someone whispered a pipe wrench and hammer drill were the two only things needed to barrel an action they'd do it.

How ignorant are they if the pre-64, crapola, NH mediocrity and success in SC isn't taken into account?

I predicted this shortly after the douchenozzles bought the company.

They ruined ours about 8 years ago.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by gahuntertom
This was a strategic business decision to concentrate our resources into fewer locations and improve manufacturing efficiency and quality.
Maybe this decision will provide enough profit to be able to contract with Timney or Shilen to manufacture your triggers. Possibly in the south, Remington will be able to afford steel for the triggers of M700 SPS rifles, after these triggers break off it is obvious from the looks and weight off parts they are not real steel.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I worked for Sperry computers in the 70's - due to bean counters thinking that there was no future in desk top computers they went under.
I worked for Westinghouse, due to bean counters putting the companies resources into speculative land purchases, they went under.
If the head of your company is a bean counter with no knowledge of what the company is doing, make sure your resume is good and that you have it out there for others to see.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bingo!

What fresh Hell is this?
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
The bean counters are just that, and just like Chili, the business world is a better place with out them.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Huntsville is growing with high tech manufacturing companies. The state of Alabama is very business friendly. The state of Alabama is very gun friendly. I am pleased to see them in my part of the country. If I owned Remington, the first thing I would do is hire the best mechanical engineer in the land to figure out, once and for all, how to build a safe and decent trigger/safety.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
May they will be up grading machinery to produce a better product. Moving to CNC made parts makes a lot of sense. Much of the old infrastructure is pretty dated.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 204guy, 160user, 73 invisible), 2,423 guests, and 1,157 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,116
Posts18,464,543
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.