Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
I bought this from Homer Pearson, Champion's Choice one year up at Camp Perry and I need a seal kit for it! Cannot find any parts....anywhere! Called Walther USA in Arkansas earlier today and they were about as helpful as a demented third grader! Said they no longer stocked parts for that model! One helluva note that Walther seems to think it's OK to leave their customers with their azzes hanging out when a part would be needed!!

This is NOT the CO2 model...it's a one pump model commonly called pneumatic!! crazy eek The hinged breech block raises up and forward when the compression handle is moved forward and there is a hole in the bottom of the block that has a counter-sunk area where the air-flow hole is and when the pellet is inserted into the breech the block is shoved downward into it's locking position with the counter sunk area directly over another hole from whence the main air supply flows. The counter sunk area I believe is supposed to have an 'O' ring to prevent air leakage!

Any of you guys help me with this??

Thanks!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Unfortunately, you're looking in the wrong place for this kind of info. You might try some of the airgun specific forums, or "Jim E", a frequent seller of German target air rifles. He's been mentioned repeatedly on several boards: Gateway to Airguns, the "Yellow" air rifle forum, and on "TargetTalk".

Get that puppy running right, and you'll have a very sweet shooting rifle.

Scott

P.S. - I couldn't help myself: See what "Jim E" had to say about the LG90:

http://targettalk.org/viewtopic.php?t=11447

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Thank You Scott!

Thanks for that Link also! Read what he had to say and although I've checked with Homer at Champion's Choice they no longer stock seals for this rifle! Currently I'm using a couple of neoprene 'O' rings at the breech block and all seems to be OK there. I'll cock it tonight and see if the compression chamber is leaking overnight. I don't have a schematic on a tear down but since I can overhaul an R1340 P&W engine...I might be able to handle that as well!

Thanks again!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If you're an A&P, then I'm betting you could rework the compression chamber, and/or the valve so that they wouldn't leak, and/or use off the shelf O-rings...

If you haven't already, you really should ask the folks over at Gateway To Airguns about seals/fixes.

P.S. Resurrecting a 9 year old post - Bravo!!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

109 members (44automag, 338reddog, 4xbear, 673, 444Matt, 257robertsimp, 17 invisible), 1,657 guests, and 951 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,187
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.