Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I will try the fresh Squeezed Fresh but doubt it makes it this far east.

You are right on the 2 Below, and Snow Plow is Widmer.

All fut up.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Dechutes makes some foul beer.

Going off of memory Chainbreaker(?) was terrible, -2 Below not bad, one other one I can't remember the name but it was skanky.

I good for 2-3 Big Sky IPA's but that about it. Puzz out and get into the Bud Lights for the rest of the evening...grin
Then exhibit good sense and quit while ahead. grin

laughing

That would make too much sense.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dogfish Head 60 Minute, 90 Minute, and 120 Minute (when available).

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Harpoon IPA is pretty good when you want a crisp hop flavor without a long overhang.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Alaskan is where it�s at for me, their IPA and APA. The latter is my recent fave (Freeride). I suppose �eclectic� might describe the hopping they use. Was looking for a Porter recently and only found Deschutes in bottles; definitely an over-priced brew IMO.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
IC B2

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Magic Hat summer ale..

Speak softly and use a big bore...
Where's El Cid when we need him...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I am against the new wave of IPA's that are over hopped. It reminds me of the trend in hot sauces where everyone is trying to out Scoville the others ("Try Atomic Scotch Bonnet sauce with 30 billion Scovilles of heat!"). New IPA's seemingly to try to out hop the others. Too many use a dump truck of Cascade hops and make the brew have a grapefruit finish that will pucker you up. They are not in balance.

My benchmark is Harpoon IPA. Balanced and tasty.

[Linked Image]

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Loose Cannon is my current favorite. It's brewed in Baltimore and has a great and lasting flavor.

I'm delighted that really good IPA's are being brewed all over the country. What a great alternative to the flavor- free Budweisers, any "lite" beers etc. I'd rather eat the can than drink a Coors Lite.

It's a helluva good time to be a beer drinker.

Steve

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you can get Bell's in your AO, you owe it to yourself to give their Two Hearted Ale a try. It's an excellent IPA.

Link

[Linked Image]

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For me, Bell's Two Hearted falls into the unbalanced category. Not that I'd pour it out, as a matter of fact I had one this weekend. I would like to try it on draught sometime.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by hatari
For me, Bell's Two Hearted falls into the unbalanced category.

What do you mean by unbalanced?

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Go to: Stone IPA
If available on tap: Smuttynose Finest Kind

and the most recent discovery Baxter Brewing Co Stowaway IPA is fantastic, and nice because it's in a can.

That said, just about any IPA will do just fine with me...except Sam Adams. Never understood what anyone sees in anything they brew.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I enjoy a sip or two of a good craft beer now and then and some are very good. My complaint is that those I have tried seem to have a higher ABV which cancels out drinking an enjoyable beverage over several hours as getting intoxicated isn't always my plan.

I have other methods of attack for that.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If you like Fresh squeezed, do yourself a favor and try BoneYard RPM and Hop Venom.

I like BOTH better than Fresh Squeezed. NO bitter after taste just pure goodness! It's the BEST beer I ever drank, and I've been drinking beer for way over 50 years.

It's not bottled yet, but availble by the growler at many fill stations.

They're located in Bend.

Virgil B.

Last edited by vbshootinrange; 05/27/14. Reason: 'spelin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tjm10025
Originally Posted by hatari
For me, Bell's Two Hearted falls into the unbalanced category.

What do you mean by unbalanced?

The maltiness and alcohol content balance out the hops. Original British IPA's had a higher alcohol ABV and malt flavor to offset the higher hop rate.

John Maier of Rogue Brewery does a good job of balancing the hops with the ABV and malt, especially with his special run beers like Rogue Glen. It has a higher hop rate, but has the malt backbone and ABV to support it. Too much hop without the malt is as sour as an old maid's kiss.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Have you ever had Fuller's Chiswick Bitter?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mathman
Have you ever had Fuller's Chiswick Bitter?

No, but I like Fuller's London Pride very much. Don't know Chiswick.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
The heavy hopheads wouldn't be impressed, but since you mentioned Harpoon for the same reasons I did I believe you'd like Chiswick.

Back when I was able to get it, it wasn't being bottled. I was able to show up in London now and then. grin

http://www.fullers.co.uk/rte.asp?id=58

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Rogue Brutal.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Checked the link, and Chiswick looks to be a nice "Session" brew that I hop to try.

Hopheads are like the Habanero guys- never too much!

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

606 members (06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 21, 222ND, 75 invisible), 2,434 guests, and 1,269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,678
Posts18,456,284
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.