Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Sycamore
Would you recommend the Glock Field Knife?
Or the Ka-Bar?

[Linked Image]

The Ka-Bar would get my vote among the two. It certainly has a stiffer blade than a filet knife. I see no reason she would have to conceal it just put it on her belt in a sheath. I've seen several people carrying golf clubs when going for a walk. I think if I felt the possibility was real needing to fight a dog for my life, I would rather have a sharp shooter shovel for a weapon.

T
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T

For those occasions when you have to kill something that's trying to kill you, and the only weapon you have on you is a knife ...

I'd be looking at the knives that pig hunters use. Lots of screaming, struggling and blood all over the place: you want a knife that you won't lose hold of when things are wet, slippery and desperate.

Google pig hunting with knives and look at what actually works in the field. Hint: I don't see much that looks tactical.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Hell Yeah, GO GRANNY. laugh

Gunner

Trump Won!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by tjm10025

I'd be looking at the knives that pig hunters use. Lots of screaming, struggling and blood all over the place: you want a knife that you won't lose hold of when things are wet, slippery and desperate.

I found a knife popular in Australia the Buffalo River Pig Sticker. It looks all business complete with double blood grooves, rubber handle and it looks like it has a hole in the back of handle for looping a lanyard to the wrist.http://www.outdoorsupplies.co.nz/buffalo_pigstickrubberlge.jpg

IC B2

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
The reason people have to carry guns and knives against dogs is there are few places with laws making owners responsible for their pets damage. If they were held accountable there would be far fewer attacks I think.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
My lab and I were in a stand off with two pitbulls last week.

Yelling at the top of my lungs had stopped them momentarily as they seemed to be wondering if I was too crazy to mess with. My lab and I were in the middle of the street and I had my knife in hand intending to gut the pits.

Fortunately a lady pulled up in her sport-ute and insisted that we get in. She called the local animal control and the pits were picked up.

This was the third time in two weeks that my lab and I were confronted with loose dogs acting aggressively. I'm about tired of it!

I hesitate to use a firearm as there are often school kids waiting on the bus when we go for our daily walks. Tried pepper spray years ago and found that on a windy day it is useless and it's always windy in this part of Texas. So, I'm carrying my old USAF survival knife.

"An open message for all Democrats; "Look you are nothing and your work is worthless. Anyone who chooses you is detestable."
Isaiah 41:24 (HCSB)

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Seven_Heaven
My lab and I were in a stand off with two pitbulls last week.

Yelling at the top of my lungs had stopped them momentarily as they seemed to be wondering if I was too crazy to mess with. My lab and I were in the middle of the street and I had my knife in hand intending to gut the pits.

Fortunately a lady pulled up in her sport-ute and insisted that we get in. She called the local animal control and the pits were picked up.

This was the third time in two weeks that my lab and I were confronted with loose dogs acting aggressively. I'm about tired of it!

I hesitate to use a firearm as there are often school kids waiting on the bus when we go for our daily walks.
Tried pepper spray years ago and found that on a windy day it is useless and it's always windy in this part of Texas. So, I'm carrying my old USAF survival knife.

A person that needs protection, needs the best application of that protection available.

Your pre-guessing what the situation MAY be when you have a life or death situation is hamstringing you before you ever leave the house. What if you find yourself witnessing one of the kids being killed by pit bulls?

Suit yourself with your own choices, but if it were me, I'd be packing heat... 3 times you have been "lucky". The next time might be game point.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
T
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by StrayDog

I found a knife popular in Australia the Buffalo River Pig Sticker. It looks all business complete with double blood grooves, rubber handle and it looks like it has a hole in the back of handle for looping a lanyard to the wrist.http://www.outdoorsupplies.co.nz/buffalo_pigstickrubberlge.jpg

I just googled that. It looks like it'll do the job.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

you want a knife that you won't lose hold of when things are wet, slippery and desperate.

Signature grade

The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment. � WARREN G. BENNIS
IC B3

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Don't bring your pitbulls to a knife fight! GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by stxhunter
we had a meter reader here who killed two pits with his bare hands.

Good quality to have when reading meters around people's houses... wink

From the article:

"They had one thing in mind and that was to possibly kill me, to definitely kill my dogs," Duran said, adding that she carries the knife for protection.

There is something wrong in our country when people have to resort to carrying knives for protection.

The problem is that she should have been able to carry a firearm loaded and ready to shoot pit bulls.

[Linked Image from ]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by George_in_SD

you want a knife that you won't lose hold of when things are wet, slippery and desperate.

Signature grade

+1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I pack one of these, no dog is going to get close enough to me where I have to use a knife to defend myself.

[Linked Image]

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (007FJ, 16penny, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 55 invisible), 2,201 guests, and 1,103 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,201
Posts18,466,042
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.