Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sycamore
Newscaster was talking about Ted Cruz, and said "He was born in Canada, and is therefore ineligible to become President of the US"
I about fell out of my chair.
(I had 3 Budweisers by that time, in the interest of full disclosure)

Originally Posted by CCCC
Well Syc, if that bothered you so much - how far do you fall when somobody reminds you that your hero zero was born in Kenya and is ineligible for the office?

Is Obama really Sycamore's hero...? Has 'he' stated here that he's an Obama supporter...?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antlers
Is Obama really Sycamore's hero...? Has 'he' stated here that he's an Obama supporter...?

I can't speak to that but I'm surprised he's getting a pass for drinking Budweiser.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

IIRC, Ted was born in Canada, to parents who are US citizens. That would make him a natural born US citizen, and therefore eligible.

Cruz's father was NOT a US citizen when Cruz was born.

from wikipedia:
The elder Cruz worked his way through college as a dishwasher, making 50 cents an hour,[19] earning a degree in mathematics.[25] Cruz's father today is a pastor in Carrollton, Texas,[18] a Dallas suburb, and became a naturalized U.S. citizen in 2005.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Currently, Title 8 of the U.S. Code fills in the gaps left by the Constitution. Section 1401 defines the following as people who are "citizens of the United States at birth:"

Anyone born inside the United States *
Any Indian or Eskimo born in the United States, provided being a citizen of the U.S. does not impair the person's status as a citizen of the tribe
Any one born outside the United States, both of whose parents are citizens of the U.S., as long as one parent has lived in the U.S.
Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is a citizen and lived in the U.S. for at least one year and the other parent is a U.S. national
Any one born in a U.S. possession, if one parent is a citizen and lived in the U.S. for at least one year
Any one found in the U.S. under the age of five, whose parentage cannot be determined, as long as proof of non-citizenship is not provided by age 21
Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is an alien and as long as the other parent is a citizen of the U.S. who lived in the U.S. for at least five years (with military and diplomatic service included in this time)
A final, historical condition: a person born before 5/24/1934 of an alien father and a U.S. citizen mother who has lived in the U.S.

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by milespatton
If Cruz is eligible for the presidency because of his mother's citizenship, then so is Obama.

Not quite. There are a few differences. Laws at the time kept Barry's Mother from conveying citizenship if he was born in Kenya, due to her age. And then His Father never was an American Citizen, I don't think. Barry had a Passport as a citizen of another country, most likely, and He never denounced that Citizenship. Hard to tell since all the paper work is sealed. miles

Right. Obama is probably a US citizen. His real problem was all the crap that they had to cover up involving a lifetime of lies and corruption.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by milespatton
If Cruz is eligible for the presidency because of his mother's citizenship, then so is Obama.

Not quite. There are a few differences. Laws at the time kept Barry's Mother from conveying citizenship if he was born in Kenya, due to her age. And then His Father never was an American Citizen, I don't think. Barry had a Passport as a citizen of another country, most likely, and He never denounced that Citizenship. Hard to tell since all the paper work is sealed. miles

Right. Obama is probably a US citizen. His real problem was all the crap that they had to cover up involving a lifetime of lies and corruption.

You mean...he's a professional politician? OMG!

grin

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
We mean he is a traitor and an imposter.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RufusG
Originally Posted by antlers

I can't speak to that but I'm surprised he's getting a pass for drinking Budweiser.

grin blush

I made up for it last night, PBR!

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

376 members (1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 160user, 1lesfox, 163bc, 12344mag, 38 invisible), 2,071 guests, and 1,010 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,493
Posts18,452,340
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.