Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Yes, we do look a little stupid. Ok a lot. I tend to get fired up easier and easier these days. The country I served and put my life on the line for is being invaded every day and no gives a puck. People that are suppose to be my gun right allies turn their back on the rest of us as soon as they get what they want. Yes, Scott is good people and has earned the right to do as he pleases. I feel that earned that right also and I should be allowed to do the same. If you don't agree with me, Well I am sorry you choose to feel that way.

TEXMAG

BP-B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I feel exactly the same way. When I thing back on the guys I graduated HS with in 68 who never came home than look at the direction we are headed today I either get mad of just sit down and cry.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Speaking for all Texans, GOA and Texas Rifle Association are good enough.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The best thing that open carry laws do is protect the person carrying concealed if their concealment fails. Most folks don't get this, and the NRA has always been opposed to OC - it doesn't bring them revenue.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by 4ager
The best thing that open carry laws do is protect the person carrying concealed if their concealment fails. Most folks don't get this, and the NRA has always been opposed to OC - it doesn't bring them revenue.

Now, that's the first explanation on OC that makes sense.

Flagrantly brandishing weapons just plays into the hands of our foe.

DF

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by 4ager

Now, that's the first explanation on OC that makes sense.

Flagrantly brandishing weapons just plays into the hands of our foe.

DF

Yes, it does, as does having an organization that is supposed to support the 2A NOT make that very logical and accurate explanation and NOT support it as a means to better protect firearms owners and CCW.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
"What we've got here is a failure to communicate", as the Warden, Strother Martin told his prisoner, Paul Newman, in Cool Hand Luke... shocked

DF

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
There is a time for OC but I choose not to in crowds. On the farm, hiking, and such open is fine. Just my opinion.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Scott F
There is a time for OC but I choose not to in crowds. On the farm, hiking, and such open is fine. Just my opinion.

I agree with that, for sure.

I just don't like seeing overly aggressive advocates showing off just 'cause they can. That could potentially lead to our foes seeing to it that "they can't any more"...

DF

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
If you don't believe what Dirtfarmer just said, look what happened in CA. Those Ass---- caused the law to be changed forbidding OC.

IC B3

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
A Coonazz and a Dumbazz, it sure is hard not to get drawn in to arguing with a couple of idiots. Lets apply your logic to CCW, no one needs a concealed high capacity semi-automatic handgun or revolver. You guys are just being way over aggressive and rubbing it in the faces of our Foes, anyone that conceals shouldn't need anything more than a single shot flint-lock, or better yet a skirt gun that way no one that oppose you will get offended. Everyone stay real calm and don't do anything, cause the anti-gun folks will just forget about us if we don't offend them. You guys really believe that crap? Next thing you know these people will want to tell you how much Soda you can drink, they are never going to stop because they truly believe we are not smart enough to think for ourselves.
TEXMAG

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Scott F
OK guys, name calling does nothing to help the cause. I recommend you take a strong dose of grow up.

The NRA is the best we have and dropping them because ONE board member made a poorly worded statement is not the way to stand on this issue. I did read a retraction from the NRA on this subject.

If anyone has a better place to spend out money to protect and fight for our rights than the NRA and SAF let me know and it will join that one too.

The NRA is a long way from perfect but it is by far the best and strongest show in town.

And, for the record, Bricktop is right on this one and he usually is. He just is somewhat caustic in some of his wording.

Yep, the NRA has long supported gun control and compromising away the 2nd Amendment to get it to a manageable level while working to increase privileges for police. I support them for those reasons just like you do.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by sherp
*** You are ignoring this user ***
Toggle the display of this post

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by FlyboyFlem
Flaunting of a right and privilege to make a point only gives ammo to the other side as it accomplishes zilch in the long run IMO.The democraps will prosecute this with a vengeance.

+1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Open, concealed, partially concealed, it makes no difference, it is covered by the Second Amendment no matter what state you reside in. The problem is we have let the prog. soc.s set the agenda for decades, and the NRA has helped regardless of intent.

The NRA uses the second amend. as a marketing tool to fill their coffers, clear and simple. All one need do is look at the number of gun laws the NRA has helped write through out their history.

They are an organization that pulls in something like $100 million a year in dues and donations and how much of that is actually spent on law suits to fight the antis?

And FlyboyFlem, it's called the Bill of Rights, not the bill of privileges.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hikerbum
Originally Posted by FlyboyFlem
Flaunting of a right and privilege to make a point only gives ammo to the other side as it accomplishes zilch in the long run IMO.The democraps will prosecute this with a vengeance.

+1

+1

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by TNrifleman
Originally Posted by lugerman
I agree with Dirtfarmer,they have some faults, but they have killed a lot of crap that would have become law.
I have been a member for 55 years and hope to be for many more.
The only thing I would say is this "In Your Face" stuff will win you no friends, but may foster resentment.
Sure, I can go into my local restaurant with my AR-15 slung over my shoulder, but that does not show respect to the other customers.
When I go anywhere carrying, its concealed even though I live in an "Open Carry" State.

Lugerman

I agree.

Me too. Both my reasoning and history almost exactly parallel those of Dirtfarmer. I too have moved up to Endowed Member status.

I'm all for open carry, it does have an impact on the nervous nellies and besides, but I figure one is a lot safer not displaying his resources. Time and again, the experts have taught us that CC is the way to go.

Last edited by Anjin; 11/17/14.

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I personally don't give two [bleep] what soccer moms think. If someone wants to open carry a pistol or strap an AR15 across their back and walk into McDonald's, more power to them. Heaven forbid a nasty old gunny-gun scares somebody and causes them to go boo-boo.

As has been said, lots of guys claim they're pro 2nd Amendment, but in reality they're fence sitters who are more than willing to make concessions to appease the anti's/general public/leftists.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SBTCO
Open, concealed, partially concealed, it makes no difference, it is covered by the Second Amendment no matter what state you reside in. The problem is we have let the prog. soc.s set the agenda for decades, and the NRA has helped regardless of intent.

The NRA uses the second amend. as a marketing tool to fill their coffers, clear and simple. All one need do is look at the number of gun laws the NRA has helped write through out their history.

They are an organization that pulls in something like $100 million a year in dues and donations and how much of that is actually spent on law suits to fight the antis?

And FlyboyFlem, it's called the Bill of Rights, not the bill of privileges.

Agreed.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
365 members (007FJ, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 160user, 12344mag, 35 invisible), 2,280 guests, and 954 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,731
Posts18,400,884
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.