Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
H
HE112 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
I have been an NRA member since 1981 and am thinking of not renewing my membership with them in a few months. I am also a member of GOA (Gun owners of America).

First the NRA did not support the select-fire owners in the 1987 gun ban of more machine gun receiver registrations, and now when people of Texas want to be able to carry a rifle or a holstered handgun in public they call us "Weird" and "Scary". It is legal in 26 other states, why not Texas?

Currently I have a concealed handgun permit and carry a loaded revolver into many of these business locations who got upset, of course I no longer will do business with them.

How has it been working in the other 26 states that allow their citizens the right to carry openly? There has been no problem in Switzerland or Israel where lots of people bring in SIGs or AR-15's into coffee shops. Anyone else thinking of not renewing with the NRA?

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Flaunting of a right and privilege to make a point only gives ammo to the other side as it accomplishes zilch in the long run IMO.The democraps will prosecute this with a vengeance.

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Flaunting of a right and privilege to make a point only gives ammo to the other side as it accomplishes zilch in the long run IMO.

Having a legal right to do something does not mean that you have to do it. If they are scared of something, that is one thing, as is, if they were walking down the road and needed to eat. I could see them bringing their rifle into an establishment, but driving up and getting your rifle out of the car and bringing it in, without the fear factor is stupid. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
H
HE112 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
As an educated person in rhetoric, I know of many ways to communicate without using offensive terms. The proper way for the NRA to have responded to this would have been to use other options, such as, "we feel there are other ways in dealing with this, such as in the state capital, etc", or not to say anything at all.

That is why I checked my expiration date on my NRA membership this morning as the future of receiving my monthly issue of American Rifleman may be no longer be happening after Feb. 2015.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Well in CA, you could carry a weapon in the open as long as it wasn't loaded. So what happened, these nut cases flaunted the law and started carrying pistols all over the place. You don't have to guess what happened next. New law forbidding it. Now as to other NRA stuff, for resigning with them they send me a pocket knife made in China which really Pi--ed me off and I let them know it. The other problem I have (and I have been a member for over 50 years) is Wayne LaPierre with perks pulling down a million bucks a year. That's a lot of membership monies. Just to keep the record straight, I belong to three other gun organizations fighting the libs so I think I have the right to express my views and in some cases displeasure.

IC B2

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
The issue isn't simply open carry. The issue is using stupid tactics which may actually backfire and jeopardize passage of open carry laws.

I don't mind the NRA calling people out on it. Of course, they could have simply said, "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes," and I suspect the majority of Texans would agree.

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
The NRA has its issues, but is still the best lobby we have for our 2nd Amendment. I'm an Endowment Member, Life Member since I was a teen. I saved up $100 in the 60's for a Life Membership.

I don't always agree with them and their bureacuracy, but realize running a big organization like that can't be easy. A few of the Board Members have been a tad goofy.

I still don't know why I get stuff from NRA Hdq. to join when I've been a member for over 50 years. Don't they have a computerized record of members?

Still, the NRA is an important part of our common defense against libs who would enslave us.

DF

Last edited by Dirtfarmer; 06/06/14.
O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by HE112
As an educated person in rhetoric, I know of many ways to communicate without using offensive terms. The proper way for the NRA to have responded to this would have been to use other options, such as, "we feel there are other ways in dealing with this, such as in the state capital, etc", or not to say anything at all.

That is why I checked my expiration date on my NRA membership this morning as the future of receiving my monthly issue of American Rifleman may be no longer be happening after Feb. 2015.

Educated in rhetoric? You might want to trade some in for some common sense. This was a poorly hatched stunt that gained nothing but bad press and emboldened enemies.

Please don't feel compelled to wait until February, turn your card in and cancel your magazine subscription now. We'll miss you.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
L
L
I agree with Dirtfarmer,they have some faults, but they have killed a lot of crap that would have become law.
I have been a member for 55 years and hope to be for many more.
The only thing I would say is this "In Your Face" stuff will win you no friends, but may foster resentment.
Sure, I can go into my local restaurant with my AR-15 slung over my shoulder, but that does not show respect to the other customers.
When I go anywhere carrying, its concealed even though I live in an "Open Carry" State.

Lugerman

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by lugerman
I agree with Dirtfarmer,they have some faults, but they have killed a lot of crap that would have become law.
The only thing I would say is this "In Your Face" stuff will win you no friends, but may foster resentment.
Sure, I can go into my local restaurant with my AR-15 slung over my shoulder, but that does not show respect to the other customers.
When I go anywhere carrying, its concealed even though I live in an "Open Carry" State.

Lugerman

I agree.

μολὼν λαβέ
IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O

Lugerman
+1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Right on.....Just remember... Those who want to take your guns have no intention whatsoever of giving up theirs.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Kentucky_Windage
The issue isn't simply open carry. The issue is using stupid tactics which may actually backfire and jeopardize passage of open carry laws.

I don't mind the NRA calling people out on it. Of course, they could have simply said, "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes," and I suspect the majority of Texans would agree.

Agreed. And I also believe that most of my fellow Texans would agree. And if Texas does pass open carry for handguns in the future, I will still prefer Concealed Carry.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm an NRA and TSRA lifer.

The open carry jackarses are helping no one but the enemy. Wanna be mad at someone? be mad at them.

every time I see the Open Carry folks on TV, I just ask myself what motivates them? I mean.... what does "success" look like to them? how do they know they won? what is their objective, if it isnt to polarize the mainstream, and generate enemies when they didnt have one before?

First teach a child to love God, second teach him to love family, third teach him to fish and hunt and by the time he is in his teens no dope dealer under the sun can teach him anything. Cotton Cordell
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Billy_Goat

The open carry jackarses are helping no one but the enemy. Wanna be mad at someone? be mad at them.

every time I see the Open Carry folks on TV, I just ask myself what motivates them? I mean.... what does "success" look like to them? how do they know they won? what is their objective, if it isnt to polarize the mainstream, and generate enemies when they didnt have one before?

Flaunting weapons just because one can doesn't mean one should. To inflame the anti's just plays into the hands of the Left. When 2nd Ammendment advocates push privilege just to "stuff it" up the noses of apponents, who wins? We should be less interested in winning a few ostentatious skirmishes and more interested in winning the war, the war for the hearts and favor of our countrymen.

DF

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Did I kill the discussion, or does everyone agree... grin

DF

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by Billy_Goat

Flaunting weapons just because one can doesn't mean one should. To inflame the anti's just plays into the hands of the Left. When 2nd Ammendment advocates push privilege just to "stuff it" up the noses of apponents, who wins? We should be less interested in winning a few ostentatious skirmishes and more interested in winning the war, the war for the hearts and favor of our countrymen.

DF

Good post.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by HE112
First the NRA did not support the select-fire owners in the 1987 gun ban of more machine gun receiver registrations...
Add "educated person in ignorance" to your plethora of "qualifications." The Firearm Owners' Protection Act went into effect in May 1986. It focused on machine guns, not simply "select-fire owners." (FYI, "select-fire" weapons are capable of semi automatic AND fully automatic modes of fire. Your knothead statement seems to infer that weapons capable of fully automatic firing only were somehow exempted.)

While the FOPA did, in fact, prohibit manufacture of machine guns after 5-19-86 for civilian consumption, it also repealed and modified several sections of the '68 GCA. It eliminated the record keeping requirement on handgun ammunition/reloading supplies sales. It permitted the mail order sales of ammunition and reloading supplies. It permitted the interstate in-person sale of long guns to residents of different states. (The '68 GCA restricted this to states contiguous to the state of residence of the purchaser.) The FOPA also provided protection for the interstate transport of firearms for all lawful purposes.

In short, you're a dunce.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Put a shirt over your gun. People open carrying are just saying "shoot me first" or they are try to make the point " this is legal and I don't give a damn what you think" . That is not a smart way to protect our rights IMO.

A rancher walking into a country store with a gun on his hip is one thing but walking into a supermarket full of soccer moms with a gun exposed is just stupid.

Just conceal the thing.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Perps don't know who's packing and who's not. That's the beauty of CCW. The element of tactical surprise is lost by brandishing weapons in open carry.

An aggressor seeing muzzle flash is a surprised sucker... shocked

Best he be the sucker than the honest citizen who's done way too much "advertising"... blush

DF

Last edited by Dirtfarmer; 06/26/14.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Bricktop you are dumber than your avatar would lead us to believe. Its obvious you are not and have never been title 2 owner.

A pox upon thee.
[Linked Image]

The NRA is far from perfect. The MF sold us out and I will not forget it. Most Americans have a short memory and prove it at the voting booth.

"The liberals preach tolerance and diversity until presented with an opinion other than their own."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rdinak
Bricktop you are dumber than your avatar would lead us to believe. Its obvious you are not and have never been title 2 owner.

A pox upon thee.
[Linked Image]

The NRA is far from perfect. The MF sold us out and I will not forget it. Most Americans have a short memory and prove it at the voting booth.
Nope, I'm not wrong at all. I have several NFA items and am quite well-versed in the FOPA I referenced. Maybe it's you with a case of the dumbass. Dumbass.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Bricktop is back to his old ways. Didn't you get banned for this a while back and have to beg your way back on after you promised Rick you would play nice in the sand box? I, for 1, was glad to see you gone and sorry to see you back. Grow up.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DaddyRat
Bricktop is back to his old ways. Didn't you get banned for this a while back and have to beg your way back on after you promised Rick you would play nice in the sand box? I, for 1, was glad to see you gone and sorry to see you back. Grow up.
I saw a sale on Midol at Wal-Fart today. You should get some, whiner.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yep, gays have been very quiet and they are getting more and more laws passed in their favor. Better to not use something and have it than to use it and lose it.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Bricktop

FU, you would not say it to my face little man.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bricktop
FU, you would not say it to my face little man.
Don't need to, your old lady does it for me.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
OK guys, name calling does nothing to help the cause. I recommend you take a strong dose of grow up.

The NRA is the best we have and dropping them because ONE board member made a poorly worded statement is not the way to stand on this issue. I did read a retraction from the NRA on this subject.

If anyone has a better place to spend out money to protect and fight for our rights than the NRA and SAF let me know and it will join that one too.

The NRA is a long way from perfect but it is by far the best and strongest show in town.

And, for the record, Bricktop is right on this one and he usually is. He just is somewhat caustic in some of his wording.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

To play the game, you first gotta have game. - Ike Turner

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
This is the problem with gun control, to many border-line fence jumpers. I think all you concealed guys are a bunch of cowards and I am a shamed I supported y'all. I would like to open carry because it is my God given right! I am not flaunting my weapon like you little brain bastards think and don't really give a puck what anyone else thinks! I am 6'4" and ~285 don't like shoving a tiny gun in my jeans that I can't grip well and I dang sure ain't gonna stick between my azz checks like the rest of you broke back puckers do. I ain't gonna hide my crew-cab diesel truck because it doesn't get 30 mpg. TEXMAG!WTF!!!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I am a busted and broken 65 year old who is down to 6'1" and 185. I carry all day every day IWB and it is a full sized 1911. Ain't no time gun in my belt. I carry open or concealed at home but most of the time concealed when I leave the farm.

If you think I am a coward the I recommend you come visit. Got the balls big mouth?

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Sure do! PM your address to me. I ain't making no special trip to take a pistol away from an old Geezer and beat the snot out of you with it. But if I am in the neighborhood and you are more than an old shack of bones I would be happy too! Just remember coward you all are the ones that want to give away someone else's liberties and you don't even live in this state. So STFU!you are either pro gun or not! There are not any exceptions for nothing. If y'all want to hide your weapons in your panties and bra's in the great state of Washington so be it. Just stay out of our business. TEXMAG

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Funny, open carry is legal in OR and WA but not in all of TX.

Now even though you want to take away my handgun and beat me with it I am really on your side. I firmly believe you should have the right to carry open or concealed. The choice should be yours.

Obviously you do not believe in my right to have a shirt over my holster. Sounds like I am in favor of more gun rights for you and your are in favor of less for me and that makes me the bad guy? confused crazy

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Sounds like I am in favor of more gun rights for you and your are in favor of less for me and that makes me the bad guy?

That happens a lot. frown miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Yep.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Yep, just what I thought you and your fence riding pal would finally chime in. Read my words carefully because I never said I wanted to limit any of your rights or anyone else's. I said ( kind of) because I was extremely pissed, was if you don't support the purposed open carry law in Texas you are a coward. Meaning you should support Pro Gun laws no matter what you think. Some folks where saying we are just flaunting or rubbing it in the demo-craps face. That's not it at all. I have a 629 that I purchased from Antlers with an 8.375" barrel I would like to carry, but I am not sticking it in my pants. Last time I did, all the Gals from WA and AR kept whistling at me (go figure).As for the Azz whipping it's still on. I am still waiting for your address, though I doubt I will ever receive that PM. TEXMAG "Life Member NRA"

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
PM sent but for the record I will post it here too.

I am Scott Fairing
1463 W. Uncas RD
Port Townsend, WA 98368

Right now I am visiting family at:
488 NW 6th Ave #43
Canby, Or 97013

Cell Number is:
360-301-9301

Now are you going to come take my 1911 away and beat me with it?

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I told you I wouldn't make a special trip, but if I ever make it out there I will stop by I promise. If you are in my neck of the woods come on by we can settle this for sure.

Christopher Grammer
2213 Kilkenny lane
Deer Park, TX 77536

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Dang there keyboard cowboy ease up and try not to be such an a$$hole; ScottF is one of the good guys around here, even if he does live in leftist NW.

...and he does have good points, too... which I am sure you'd grant if you'd take a breath and a midol.

Nothing good ever comes from making threats over the internet, and it makes ya look pretty stupid.

By the way... I think you should have the right to open carry also...

Last edited by efw; 07/22/14. Reason: Ps
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Thanks for he kind words. We have this worked out by PM. I think Tex will work out to be a keeper too.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Yes, we do look a little stupid. Ok a lot. I tend to get fired up easier and easier these days. The country I served and put my life on the line for is being invaded every day and no gives a puck. People that are suppose to be my gun right allies turn their back on the rest of us as soon as they get what they want. Yes, Scott is good people and has earned the right to do as he pleases. I feel that earned that right also and I should be allowed to do the same. If you don't agree with me, Well I am sorry you choose to feel that way.

TEXMAG

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I feel exactly the same way. When I thing back on the guys I graduated HS with in 68 who never came home than look at the direction we are headed today I either get mad of just sit down and cry.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Speaking for all Texans, GOA and Texas Rifle Association are good enough.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The best thing that open carry laws do is protect the person carrying concealed if their concealment fails. Most folks don't get this, and the NRA has always been opposed to OC - it doesn't bring them revenue.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by 4ager
The best thing that open carry laws do is protect the person carrying concealed if their concealment fails. Most folks don't get this, and the NRA has always been opposed to OC - it doesn't bring them revenue.

Now, that's the first explanation on OC that makes sense.

Flagrantly brandishing weapons just plays into the hands of our foe.

DF

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by 4ager

Now, that's the first explanation on OC that makes sense.

Flagrantly brandishing weapons just plays into the hands of our foe.

DF

Yes, it does, as does having an organization that is supposed to support the 2A NOT make that very logical and accurate explanation and NOT support it as a means to better protect firearms owners and CCW.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
"What we've got here is a failure to communicate", as the Warden, Strother Martin told his prisoner, Paul Newman, in Cool Hand Luke... shocked

DF

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
There is a time for OC but I choose not to in crowds. On the farm, hiking, and such open is fine. Just my opinion.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Scott F
There is a time for OC but I choose not to in crowds. On the farm, hiking, and such open is fine. Just my opinion.

I agree with that, for sure.

I just don't like seeing overly aggressive advocates showing off just 'cause they can. That could potentially lead to our foes seeing to it that "they can't any more"...

DF

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
If you don't believe what Dirtfarmer just said, look what happened in CA. Those Ass---- caused the law to be changed forbidding OC.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
A Coonazz and a Dumbazz, it sure is hard not to get drawn in to arguing with a couple of idiots. Lets apply your logic to CCW, no one needs a concealed high capacity semi-automatic handgun or revolver. You guys are just being way over aggressive and rubbing it in the faces of our Foes, anyone that conceals shouldn't need anything more than a single shot flint-lock, or better yet a skirt gun that way no one that oppose you will get offended. Everyone stay real calm and don't do anything, cause the anti-gun folks will just forget about us if we don't offend them. You guys really believe that crap? Next thing you know these people will want to tell you how much Soda you can drink, they are never going to stop because they truly believe we are not smart enough to think for ourselves.
TEXMAG

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Scott F
OK guys, name calling does nothing to help the cause. I recommend you take a strong dose of grow up.

The NRA is the best we have and dropping them because ONE board member made a poorly worded statement is not the way to stand on this issue. I did read a retraction from the NRA on this subject.

If anyone has a better place to spend out money to protect and fight for our rights than the NRA and SAF let me know and it will join that one too.

The NRA is a long way from perfect but it is by far the best and strongest show in town.

And, for the record, Bricktop is right on this one and he usually is. He just is somewhat caustic in some of his wording.

Yep, the NRA has long supported gun control and compromising away the 2nd Amendment to get it to a manageable level while working to increase privileges for police. I support them for those reasons just like you do.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by sherp
*** You are ignoring this user ***
Toggle the display of this post

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by FlyboyFlem
Flaunting of a right and privilege to make a point only gives ammo to the other side as it accomplishes zilch in the long run IMO.The democraps will prosecute this with a vengeance.

+1

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Open, concealed, partially concealed, it makes no difference, it is covered by the Second Amendment no matter what state you reside in. The problem is we have let the prog. soc.s set the agenda for decades, and the NRA has helped regardless of intent.

The NRA uses the second amend. as a marketing tool to fill their coffers, clear and simple. All one need do is look at the number of gun laws the NRA has helped write through out their history.

They are an organization that pulls in something like $100 million a year in dues and donations and how much of that is actually spent on law suits to fight the antis?

And FlyboyFlem, it's called the Bill of Rights, not the bill of privileges.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hikerbum
Originally Posted by FlyboyFlem

+1

+1

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by TNrifleman

Lugerman

I agree.

Me too. Both my reasoning and history almost exactly parallel those of Dirtfarmer. I too have moved up to Endowed Member status.

I'm all for open carry, it does have an impact on the nervous nellies and besides, but I figure one is a lot safer not displaying his resources. Time and again, the experts have taught us that CC is the way to go.

Last edited by Anjin; 11/17/14.

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I personally don't give two [bleep] what soccer moms think. If someone wants to open carry a pistol or strap an AR15 across their back and walk into McDonald's, more power to them. Heaven forbid a nasty old gunny-gun scares somebody and causes them to go boo-boo.

As has been said, lots of guys claim they're pro 2nd Amendment, but in reality they're fence sitters who are more than willing to make concessions to appease the anti's/general public/leftists.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SBTCO
Open, concealed, partially concealed, it makes no difference, it is covered by the Second Amendment no matter what state you reside in. The problem is we have let the prog. soc.s set the agenda for decades, and the NRA has helped regardless of intent.

The NRA uses the second amend. as a marketing tool to fill their coffers, clear and simple. All one need do is look at the number of gun laws the NRA has helped write through out their history.

They are an organization that pulls in something like $100 million a year in dues and donations and how much of that is actually spent on law suits to fight the antis?

And FlyboyFlem, it's called the Bill of Rights, not the bill of privileges.

Agreed.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (007FJ, 01Foreman400, 160user, 2500HD, 257man, 204guy, 58 invisible), 2,294 guests, and 1,182 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,640
Posts18,455,347
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.