-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
CA has Zones. "A" zone which is also know as coastal runs almost the length of the state is 2 bucks fork or better runs second Sat in Aug for 44 days. Some of the zones which are mostly draws run as short as a week or so and have various point restrictions.

I am continually astounded at how quickly people make up their minds on little evidence or none at all.
Jack O'Connor
GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I hunt GA and AL.

GA usually starts bow season around mid-September, then ML and rifle start around mid-October. They run until he end of December.

AL usually starts bow season around mid-October, then rifle starts around mid-November. It runs until the end of January.

Between the two I can hunt deer ~4.5 months.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Virginia - First weekend in September to first weekend in January, then the QDM runs into March for many parts of the state.

Most of the season is archery in my area, a month or so of rifle and muzzleloader, then finishing out with archery mostly in QDM. Crossbows are legal in the State.

The license year rolls over on 01 July for the next year. This year will be the first year of Sunday hunting allowed on private lands, used to be 6 days a week only.

Six deer tags are printed as part of your annual license, and more can be purchased.

Last edited by AH64guy; 06/12/14.
P
PWN Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Oklahoma archery runs from October to mid January. Rifle season runs 2 weeks from the weekend prior to Thanksgiving. Muzzleloading season is one week at the end of October. We have a week in late December for antlerless only.

Perry

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
15 Sept to 31 Dec for CT archery

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
archery late sept- mid January. rifle 16 days in november, muzzleloader dec 1-jan 15 or so.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
August 2 we start here with bow, south GA closes Jan 31 with a new late bow season. 182 days of hunting deer for me smile

Long Live The Judge

Thinking of moving to Florida? Don't........
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
August 15 to Jan 1 for where I hunt in SC, all gun, doe tags start Sept 15.

CO School of Trades, Gunsmithing, '76
Clemson University '74
Go Tigers
J
JSH Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Our standard gun season in Iowa is fairly short. 1st season is usually only 5 days (1st Sat in Dec through the next Weds). 2nd gun season is the second Saturday through the next Sunday (9 days). You generally have to choose one or the other. We have a long bow season, though, Oct through Jan. We also have an early muzzleloader season in Oct and a late one in January and some counties have a late January anterless only season for about 2 weeks in January.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
My rifle seasons this year will run from Sept. 27th thru Nov. 2nd in my local area and Nov. 1st. thru the 23rd. where I'm going to hunt in the low desert. E

IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Depends on the zone but usually about 10 days to 2wks for modern gun season.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Bow Season starts mid October and runs through January . Muzzleloader season starts the Monday before rifle season starts in mid November through the end of rifle season . Rifle season is mid November through January . This is for the majority of the state . They have started extending the season for some Southern counties into mid February because of the later rut . This area may be extended this year .

When you find yourself in a hole stop digging.....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
depends where you are in the state and your weapon. If a person wanted to you could hunt from the last week of september till the 3rd week of January. 2 bucks and one doe If you hunt all weapons.If you draw doe tags you can get one or two more depending on the county and in archery only counties you can take quite a few more doe.

I Kill Things......deal with it..
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
With the very long, liberal seasons and bag limits in many states, I can easily see why folks use small caliber rifles for much of their deer shooting.. If you don't get one today, you can always get a couple tomorrow.. Plus it sounds like much of this hunting is on private land with minimum pressure.. That would make for some very enjoyable, relaxed hunting.. If this is your situation, you are a very lucky hunter...

Molon Labe
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Dale K
Statewide archery (buck and doe) in Pa kicks off around Oct 1 and runs to the middle of November. There is an overlapping weeklong muzzleloader season for antlerless deer, the rifle season (buck and doe) is 2 weeks right after Thanksgiving, and then archery and a Flintlock only season come in for 2 weeks after Christmas.

The special regs area around Philadelphia and Pittsburgh start earlier and run later.

Depending on where you hunt, we can hunt deer from the middle of September to the end of January. No Sundays though. And let's not argue about that in this thread.

Dale

Philly area here. Starts September 20, and I can't be in the woods until the end of January...some days are doe only...depending on the weapon you are using.

I'd rather have a bad day hunting than a good day working!
F
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
F
In the area of B.C. that I live in we have a rifle season from sept 10th through to Dec 15th. There is a bag limit of 2 bucks.

Warren

Pardon my fat fingered I-phone typing
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I Texas, we have archery starting about Oct first and various deer seasons extending to about the end Feb or middle of March.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
In good old Washington State modern firearm for deer is 9 days for either muley or whitetail bucks and you can be drawn for a doe tag in that same period. There is a late buck tag which depending on the area can last from 5 days to 14 days. The game dept. has found another revenue generator, which for $185 you can apply for a multi-season tag which allows you to hunt with a bow, muzzleloader, modern rifle, and then bow again in their seasons.

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
I knew I moved out of Washington for a reason!
The Deer archery season here in Montana is 43 (fourty three) days long - then on the same tag you can begin to Hunt with firearms (or continue to Hunt with your archery gear!) for 36 (thirty six!) more days!
79 days or so of Deer Hunting this year - I should be able to get'er done in that length of time?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Oregon has two basic seasons. Rifle Blacktail is about 5 weeks and is an over the counter tag. Muledeer is a draw tag and we get 12 days, which always includes 2 weekends.

The anti American Constitutional party (Democrat). Wants to dismantle your rights, limiting every aspect of your constitutional rights. Death by 1000 cuts is the tactic. Each cut bleeds constitutional rights to control you. Control is the goal.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

140 members (10Glocks, 44mc, 7x57Hunter, 7887mm08, 808outdoors, Akhutr, 14 invisible), 1,808 guests, and 763 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,693
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.