Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SamOlson
laughing

Better you than me bud, I would have throat slammed the phone....grin

Rancho is a lot more patient than I am. By now I would have jumped in the truck drove to Maine, scalped the idiot in charge of customer service, and burned the damned factory to the ground.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by huntsonora
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
Communication barely rated as poor.

They say the rifle is fixed and shoouts great, but I wouldn't know, I wasn't able to get it in my hands before leaving, despite requests.

That's when it got comical.

After finally getting a tracking number out of them, and seeing that no one was going to be home to sign for it, I requested shipping to be changed to my dad's house near here.

They said they couldn't do that, but since it didn't need a signature (???!!!!) I could just wait until it was delivered, and go back over and get it.

What? I'm going to be out of town, as I explained..

They replied back that since I was only going to be 15 minutes away, I should just suck it up and get it after delivery..

Then then it dawned on me.. I have the same first name as my dad, and despite me telling them numerous times I was going away for an extended period, they actually thought I was only going to be 15 minutes away, and didn't need to change shipping.

At that point, I'd had enough.

You have got to be fu***ing kidding me

Was all this communication via Email? Have you done all your communication by Email or have you spoken to anyone on the phone. I would think a phone conversation would be the best way to communicate to avoid misunderstandings.

Was a phone call an option?

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I called once, that didn't work very well.

I figured having copy of correspondences would be the best route, for obvious reasons.

Maybe its just me, but if someone tells me they are going out of town for an extended period, I figure they are going away, away.. not to the other side of town.

Communication with forbes llc has been a train wreck, plain and simple.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Rancho,

How long till you will be able to look at your rifle? Assuming it was dropped off w/o a sig (as they said) and is still there when u get to it?

Sorry you're having to deal with this - I don't think I could have kept my cool nearly as well.

David

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I was kinda shocked to hear someone say that a $1400 firearm was getting dropped at a doorstep by UPS without needing a sig..

I enlisted my dad to wait at our house for the brown truck. Didnt want to get them involved, as they are retired and have their own lives. After hearing the story, my old man - a retired career sales and marketing guy, couldnt freeking believe it, to put it very mildly..

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I'll be home in a week or two, not really anxious anymore to shoot it. Like I said before, it might just end up as a collector's item.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I just boxed up my 84M for a trip to Kimber. Kimber sent me a new double box to ship and UPS shipping label. Part of the instructions sent out stated that an adult signature will be required for return delivery...

David

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ok...I'm tapping out here...

You've convinced me... I was willing to give Forbes the benefit of the doubt but they do need to try at least...they seem to be incorrigible...they are acting like their customers are their worst enemies. What kind of message will that send?

My daughter is in charge of PR in her area for a major corporation. Just the other day she made the offhand comment that every one of her clients feels like they are the only one. She's a remarkable person of her own creation, but guess who influenced her?

I think I'll just stick to my original plan and pick up a half dozen RARs instead!

(Assuming for the moment that Forbes was ever on the table for different reasons...)

It ain't all burritos and strippers my friends...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
I was kinda shocked to hear someone say that a $1400 firearm was getting dropped at a doorstep by UPS without needing a sig..
The "signature required" item is a separate service that has to be purchased and coded into the tracking number. The driver scans the bar code and follows its instructions. Senders sometimes try and "shortcut" the process by attaching "adult signature required" stickers, but UPS drivers mostly couldn't care less what's on the box versus what their scanner tells them from the bar code.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Wouldn't a $1400 rifle be insured by the shipper, in which case, doesn't anything over $201 require a signature? Does this mean Forbes intended to ship it uninsured?

RL
Didn't mean to imply that you should have done anything differently. I just wondered if part of the problem was that they had no one to answer CS calls, and I couldn't imagine anyone being that dense when you were personally speaking to them.

Last edited by R_H_Clark; 06/20/14.
IC B3

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
I know FedEx Ground requires the signature add-on for any firearm shipment. cant speak to UPS.

Uber Demanding Rifle Aficionado
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Wouldn't a $1400 rifle be insured by the shipper, in which case, doesn't anything over $201 require a signature? Does this mean Forbes intended to ship it uninsured?
For the USPS, yes. Over $200 of insurance requires a signature. Not UPS.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by n8dawg6
I know FedEx Ground requires the signature add-on for any firearm shipment. cant speak to UPS.
You're assuming the contents were declared as a firearm. This only happens if shipping from a counter like mere mortals and if the shipper chooses to declare it. Commercial customers simply affix a shipping label and turn it over to the driver and don't go through the step of declaring it. UPS and Federal Express couldn't give a damn one way or another on a commercial account.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by Bricktop
Originally Posted by n8dawg6
You're assuming the contents were declared as a firearm. This only happens if shipping from a counter like mere mortals and if the shipper chooses to declare it. Commercial customers simply affix a shipping label and turn it over to the driver and don't go through the step of declaring it. UPS and Federal Express couldn't give a damn one way or another on a commercial account.

Makes sense ... my only experience is with declaring and shipping from the counter to an FFL.

Uber Demanding Rifle Aficionado
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd send it to Stick for some barrel break in.

Hell, Stick probably could have fixed it and had it back to you in a week.

That sucks Rancho. I do hope they fixed it and you get a decent rifle after all the aggravation.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
After you get back and get a chance to check it out and shoot it, let us know how it goes. It should be perfect by now! smile

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by sigguy
After you get back and get a chance to check it out and shoot it, let us know how it goes. It should be perfect by now! smile

Wishful thinking.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by Hammerdown
Originally Posted by sigguy

Wishful thinking.

Hence the smiley face.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
What a nightmare! When I read all the initial hoopla, I almost pulled the trigger! And I figured they would really have their schit together at that price point. But, makes me glad I got my 2 Tikka's instead. Don't believe Forbes will be getting any of my coin any time soon.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
There has been no update by the OP.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

625 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 1eyedmule, 10ring1, 160user, 10gaugemag, 58 invisible), 2,784 guests, and 1,247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,573
Posts18,453,908
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.