Hop To
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Well, Travis, you were wrong: It didn't get interesting. But even the best on the Campfire are wrong once in a while....

The night is young my friend. The night is young...

Travis

Next day now but how 'bout both of you MT kocksukkers GF yo'selves?

Interesting enough?

GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
At least you saved yourself some embarrassment. Had you posted something about rifles we might have been lead to believe you weren't "the real deal."

Laughin'...

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
This reminds me.. I need to go pick up my C3.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H22,
Nice looking Smith, even if it is a 1911. What do you prefer to run in it and how does she shoot? Porcupine of angle at least wink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I just run ball thru it on the ranch. It does a little better than Minute.Of.Porky. It'll do M.O.Skwirkle. With the obligatory "If I do my part, all day long" blahblahblah......

[Linked Image]

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
There ain't a mark on him, fess up, the noise scared him to death, didn't it?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
yes. the side that is down is well 'marked'. But I'm pretty sure he died of fear anyway.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I called Forbes Rifles yesterday and spoke to the man in charge on the first try. Had a really nice conversation with Rick and we exchanged contact information. Maybe I was lucky....but I'm never that lucky.

Didn't read all this thread, I hope your problem is solved.

Regards,
Nick- Georgia
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Are you a current customer or potential customer?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
For those interested.

I have been load developing the 6.5x55. I thought i had a loser, shooting 2" groups. Then I settled the COAL in at 3.150 for the Berger 140's. Lots of jump.

This evening I shot some high .3's at 2,875 mv burning 7828 SCC 49.0 grains. Lapua brass and Rem primers.

Best fitting rifle I have ever shot. The stock fits me like a glove and the balance is perfect.

Looks like a keeper.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good to hear. Sounds like a keeper. Thank you for the update.

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

40O Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Was waiting for a SS barreled Forbes in .243. Just picked up another Montana in .243 instead. Its a hobby, and Forbes needs to pay more attention to the hobbyists.

"What I was saying is if my kin folk 400 years ago had guns, we wouldn�t be having this conversation. I�m in favor of guns and encourage everyone I know to have them because the last time we didn�t have them we were abused.�
Rep.Mitchell.
B
B
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Originally Posted by BloodGroove4570
I haven't seen any other's yet, and I Hope I Don't ride the same wave a RL had to!!!!

BloodGroove4570

If you get a bad one, remember you volunteered for it.

P

Well its been awhile but I thought I'd get back here to update on my 20B / 308..
I picked it up in sept/oct and mounted up a Leupold 1.75-6x33 in the Talley rings supplied with rifle. It weighs in at about 5.7#'s empty. I had it to the range twice before deer season to have it ready best as possible to hunt with. I only had 2 types of factory ammo ( Rem 150gr PSP CL's and 150gr Fed blue box) I also loaded up some 150gr BT's over imr-4064 and 130gr TTSX over Varget. The rifle is just scary accurate with all of these loads. Now they have different POI but that's to be expected. I settled on the 130 TTSX with Varget (forget specifics right now on load w/o lookin at load book) but it shoots a ragged hole @ 150yds when I'm steady and on my game. The rifle is pretty sweet IMO and I am happy to have gotten it and a good one to boot.

The Only issue I have to figure out is with extraction. Factory loads are fine, no problems. My handloads give me sticky extraction unless I'm at the very starting load weight..? I'm getting no pressure signs like cratered/flattened primers, but they like to stick in the chamber once I start to climb above starting charge weight. Now I was kinda rushing my time at getting things ready for huntin season, but by NO means do I EVER rush while handloading. I weigh each & EVERY charge and take my time during building my loads up so I get good Safe ammo. I know a chrony would help but I just haven't gotten the funds for one yet... frown I was thinking of getting a Forster bench rest FL sizer to maybe help in this area of resizing fired cases. IIRC the Forbes is supposed to have a match chamber.?.?.?

Anyways, I LOVE the rifle and its mighty fine totin in the deer woods. I didn't get my deer this year with the Forbes rifle ( Got 1 in shotgun territory with the 44 handgun, Go Figure crazy ) but I really do like the rifle and it shoots and carries Excellent!!!!

I hope the best to any & all future and past buyers.... cool
Be Safe & Shoot STR8....

BloodGroove4570

Molon Labe!!!

Droppin' Lead, Throwin' Lead, Ballistic Scientist!!! wink

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I am on my second 20B. The first in 308 with a stainless barrel wouldn't feed properly and had something loose inside the stock so it shook like a kids rattle. It went back and I also reported it didn't shoot that well. They didn't really check the accuracy but seemed to think it had to be a tack-driver as they"all were". I had my gunsmith evaluate it and he got exactly the same sort of groups I was getting. They agreed to replace my rifle with a "hand picked" for accuracy one. The replacement shoots much the same as the first one. 1.25MOA with loads it likes. 2-3" with loads it doesn't like. I have had other people shoot it to check my shooting and they get about what I do out of it. They were also going to send me a check to cover my shipping costs. That didn't happen either. I won't be buying another! Dreadful experience. I am done with them as they don't follow through with what they say they are going to do and it isn't worth any more of my time dealing with them.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
No regrets about my decision to go with a Montana....

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

129 members (44mc, 7887mm08, 007FJ, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 35, 12 invisible), 1,477 guests, and 787 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,570
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.