Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by deflave
Manzella at the warmth rating your body dictates.

Best [bleep]' gloves ever made.

Travis

Agreed. I am a bit of a glove hound and have tried many different brands. My go-to deer/elk hunting glove is a pair of fleece Manzella gloves.

GB1

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by Woodhits
In the search for the perfect glove, I'm constantly disappointed and keep coming back to USGI wool glove liners.

Ditto.

If you're not burning through batteries in your headlamp,...you're doing it wrong.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Try Glacier gloves, but sneak over to the fishing side http://glacierglove.com/our-products/fishing/alaska-river-series.html

These are fingerless gloves with a mitt flap - held back by velcro. No difficulty at all in getting free to make a shot. I have used them for more than 10 years, and am on my 3rd pair . I keep a pair in my truck all the time, and hunt with another pair. They are warm, and last for many years. I built a house last fall and winter and wore them every day and will replace them before this season because slivers tore them up. And they make them in different sizes - one of the few gloves that fit my short, fat hands.

Fred

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
manzella liners under a pair of waxed leather has worked well for me for many years.

I Kill Things......deal with it..
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My experience with waterproof gloves is that they are a beotch to dry once wet. Goretex gloves can dry overnight in a warm dry environment.

I wear OR Gripper gloves. They have windstopper and dry easy. If I'm moving they are plenty warm. They are slim enough to shoot with but also are easy to slip off. If I'm sitting and it's cold, I put my hands in my pockets.

IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by JRaw
My experience with waterproof gloves is that they are a beotch to dry once wet. Goretex gloves can dry overnight in a warm dry environment.

Same as insulated Goretex boots, IME. I just washed a pair of old Gates goretex gloves, they took nearly a week to completely dry.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Thanks for the feedback. I ordered three different pairs of "mitt" type gloves based on the feedback here. I like the Manzella gloves. They are a tight fleece so they should be windproof but they are thin. They are a little tight on my hand. I may have to move up to an extra large. They are a good glove but they may not be super warm.

The Kinco Alyeska Ragg Wool gloves are awesome. I love the grippy dots and the magnetic flap holder. They are cheap too. The wool is thick but they may be a little bit too breathable. I see keeping a few pairs of these around. With a liner glove these may be hard to beat.

I also bit the bullet and bought a pair of Sitka Incinerator gloves. They were expensive but this may be a case of getting what you pay for. When I received them, I thought they were just too bulky for backpack hunting. However, I can now see these being perfect for glassing on a windy ridge while wearing a puffy coat or hanging around camp at night.

These things are awesome. They are water resistant, wind resistant, and well insulated. The magnet in the back works well. I am not crazy about the snap on the front. It makes a loud noise when it pops open but I doubt I will ever need it snapped closed. The elastic adjustment on the wrist is genius, it can be operated with ease in mitten mode. Also, these will be great for late season or deer stand hunting.

It is the wrong time of the year to give these a fair test but hunting season is just around the corner.

Manzella Gloves

[Linked Image]

Kinco Alyeska Ragg Wool Gloves

[Linked Image]

Sitka Incinerator Gloves

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 1234, 1lessdog, 01Foreman400, 73 invisible), 2,399 guests, and 1,213 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,665
Posts18,455,810
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.