Hop To
Page 2 of 24 1 2 3 4 23 24
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
We'll leave the light on for you. grin

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Ya, small mercy; the radio just said it ain't supposed to top 90 tomorrow. Hope I don't catch cold.....

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
hope you're going to pack.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by stxhunter

+100

Lots of crazies out on the road these days.

A few years ago, one of my buddies from College road his bike from Amarillo to New Orleans. Pretty far trek.

Anyhow, he said if he needed to take a dump, and wasn't close to a town or rest stop, that he would go into one of those big drainedge culverts that run underneath the Interstate for privacy.
Long story short, he was taking a dump and got attacked by a pack of feral dogs. He had one of the little NAA Mini Revolvers in .22 mag in his pocket. Said he killed the first 2 dogs at point blank range, and luckily for him, the rest of the dogs hauled ass. He felt pretty sure if he had not been armed, that he might have been killed or seriously maimed. I've known this guy all of my adult life, and I know he's not one to make up BS stories.

Anyhow, be safe on your trip Birdie.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What is your route out of TX, general direction?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Good Luck! Look forward to reading the updates!

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Good luck my friend.........we have come a long way from BCS/NBMA. BE CAREFULL AND.....BE VERY CAREFULL!
Rick & Leann

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Have fun and be careful. I'm a tad older than you and generally put in 100+ miles a week. Sometimes 100 mile days. I use a beat up 25 year old Cannondale road bike, but I do have clip-in pedals & bicycle shoes.

You're going on a grand adventure! Enjoy.

Keep a watch out for some of the SOB's on this forum who think it's fun to mess with bicyclists... They drive big diesel pickups and THINK they're men.

Regards, Guy

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Good Luck, Birdie, keep us posted. rio7

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Route out of Texas is Lockhart, Bastrop, Caldwell, Hearne, Buffalo, Palestine, Tyler, Texarkana. Then straight on northeast to Little Rock, Cairo, Indianapolis, then east from Indianapolis to Columbus, then northeast again to Erie, PA.

Around the shore of Lake Erie to Buffalo, up a bit farther to Lockport, then east across Upstate NY along the Erie Canal path.

Will visit freely with Campfire people en route, hope to get to pay a long overdue visit to 'Twin, then plan to go south up the Schoharie over to the Delaware to drop in on my cousin in Matamoras Pa on the Delaware Water Gap.

Nobody up there has any clue I'm planning to arrive by bike, I intend to play it off grin

BIrdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

I'm gonna plead the fifth on that one.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Route out of Texas is Lockhart, Bastrop, Caldwell, Hearne, Buffalo, Palestine, Tyler, Texarkana. Then straight on northeast to Little Rock, Cairo, Indianapolis, then east from Indianapolis to Columbus, then northeast again to Erie, PA.

Around the shore of Lake Erie to Buffalo, up a bit farther to Lockport, then east across Upstate NY along the Erie Canal path.

Will visit freely with Campfire people en route, hope to get to pay a long overdue visit to 'Twin, then plan to go south up the Schoharie over to the Delaware to drop in on my cousin in Matamoras Pa on the Delaware Water Gap.

Nobody up there has any clue I'm planning to arrive by bike, I intend to play it off grin

BIrdwatcher

OK no free room from me then. I'm kind of west of Fort Worth.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle. ~Ernest Hemingway

Buen viaje. Be safe, take lots of pics.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A Le vaya bien, Miguel !

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Be safe, and have a good ride, Mike!
Are you planning to make Quemado this year?
Would like to see you and Mathilde again.

Mark

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Wishing you safe travels and plenty of tailwinds!

"There's no schadenfreude like Hillary Clinton schadenfreude."
- Tamara Keel
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Carb up and hydrate! Hot meal, hot shower, and a comfortable bed await if you find your way here in Michigan.

It sounds like a grand adventure. I am looking forward to your updates. And when the going gets tough, think of that fine young man lost so young.

Stay safe and fair winds at your back. smile

CF

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Have a great trip, sounds like a real adventure! Looking forward to your updates. Make sure you take care of your backside, saddle sores can really cripple you.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Gracias cool

4:30am here, been up for an hour carefully packing and checking off each item. Up to item #65 now crazy

I'll weigh it all when I'm done. Prob'ly a lot of it will be jettisoned en route. I'll post the checklist when I get time.

Ya know, this is one of them endeavors that sounds really cool in concept.....

Prob'ly lots of things are that way.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Let me know when you get to the erie canal path I rode it many times and live near by

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

Page 2 of 24 1 2 3 4 23 24

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (160user, 219DW, 204guy, 1936M71, 17CalFan, 22250rem, 48 invisible), 1,836 guests, and 1,050 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,185
Posts18,465,676
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.