Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I've heard of Lipseys having a stainless single six, actually seven, in .327 with adjustable sights and multiple barrel lengths coming soon. I thought I was through buying 32s, but might have to make an exception. A 4 5/8in single seven would make a sweet trail gun.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A seven shot .327 would probably have to be on the Blackhawk frame and not the single-six... I don't think there are room for seven 32 caliber holes in the single-six cylinder.

Jerry

Si vis pacem, para bellum
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
It's a reality, 7-shot .327 Single Six.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I just checked Lipsey's website and it's not listed there yet (or I didn't look in the right place) - does anybody have a link to info about it?

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jerrywoodswalker
A seven shot .327 would probably have to be on the Blackhawk frame and not the single-six... I don't think there are room for seven 32 caliber holes in the single-six cylinder.

Jerry

Single six frame is what I've heard. There is room for a bigger cylinder than the standard 22lr. There is a picture on their facebook page but it is not an official announcement yet.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
Originally Posted by jerrywoodswalker

Jerry

Single six frame is what I've heard. There is room for a bigger cylinder than the standard 22lr. There is a picture on their facebook page but it is not an official announcement yet.
I thought the cylinder was too short for the .327...maybe I was wrong (again). A Single Six in .327 would be a seriously cool trail gun.

I saw a Single Six that was made into a 5 shot Bisley in .38 Special that could be loaded up to .357 velocities and then some. That was one really cool gun; wish I could remember who built it.

Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I'm sure it's a new cylinder that is long enough. There is plenty of room.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
I've heard of Lipseys having a stainless single six, actually seven, in .327 with adjustable sights and multiple barrel lengths coming soon. I thought I was through buying 32s, but might have to make an exception. A 4 5/8in single seven would make a sweet trail gun.

In fact Lipseys is bringing out a special run in the form of a single six in 327. Jason from Lipseys confirmed that and said there was more information coming out shortly. Also on that forum two people admitted to already having had the opportunity to shoot the gun. The gun will be coming out in 4-5/8", 5.5" and 7-1/2". I have no idea how big the run is but my guess is if you want one you better start maneuvering now. I doubt it's that big.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Found this teaser picture online supposedly from Lipsey's facebook page.

[Linked Image]

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
oh snap, ive gotta have one

Uber Demanding Rifle Aficionado
IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Found this teaser picture online supposedly from Lipsey's facebook page.

[Linked Image]

It is, posted on June 3.

https://www.facebook.com/lipseysguns

I've been kicking myself for not getting a .32 H&R Single Six, looks like I get a second chance.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Several years ago I was given a set of RCBS .32 dies... never had a gun to use then for.. that may change soongrin

Please don't feed the trolls!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I bet it's as loud as my Blackhawk in .30 Carbine caliber.

That being said, I'll probably have to have one, too.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I had one of the sp101's in 327 for awhile. It was remarkable how they barked, but didn't seem to recoil.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
I would probably be shooting exclusively .32 h&r mags outta mine. 4 5/8's barrel for me.

Uber Demanding Rifle Aficionado
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
LIPSEY�S ANNOUNCES EXCLUSIVE RUGER SINGLE SEVEN IN 327 FEDERAL MAGNUM

Baton Rouge, La. � Lipsey�s, a leading nation-wide firearms distributor, is pleased to announce the new exclusive Ruger Single Seven 327 Federal Magnum. These new revolvers will feature seven shot unfluted cylinders, rugged stainless steel construction, fully adjustable sights, slim wood grips and the choice of 4-5/8�, 5-1/2� and 7-1/2� barrel lengths. �The Single Six size revolvers have always been known for their handiness and ease of carry. Combined with the powerful and versatile 327 Federal Magnum, the new Single Seven is the perfect revolver for the outdoorsman and varmint hunter,� says Lipsey�s Vice President Flint Virgets.

Located in Baton Rouge, Lipsey�s was originally formed as a wholesale hunting and fishing distributor in 1953. Today it is one of the nation�s most prominent wholesale firearms distributors. The company, which sells exclusively to federally licensed dealers, has received a number of awards and accolades for its industry leadership. Moreover, Lipsey�s is recognized for its dedicated team, excellent relationships with customers and top firearms manufacturers, and exclusive product offerings.

To read more specifications and view pictures of the new Ruger Single Seven, visit LipseysGuns.com.

For any questions about Lipsey�s, visit http://www.lipseys.com or follow us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/lipseysguns or on Twitter @LipseysGuns.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pretty slick looking revolver. At first I was thinking the 5 1/2" might be ideal but the more I think about it that 7 1/2" might be more fun.

I really enjoy long range shooting, like 200 yard plinking with a handgun, but don't like recoil any more. That long barrel would let you get up in the 1500 fps range with a 100 grain jacketed or even a 115 cast gas check bullet for a nice flat trajectory with low recoil and the longer sight radius would certainly be of benefit for precise shooting way off.

It would definitely be loud, though. wink

Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Im thinking of getting one for the opposite reason. I like the idea of a small frame, short barrel, 7 shot revolver for trail use or for a chest rig while fishing. I'm thinking your correct in the loud department.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
These are on Lipsey's website now, www.lipseys.com. On the home page just search for manufacturer Ruger with caliber 327 Federal Magnum. MSRP of $659.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
I've got my order in for one with a 7.5" barrel. Should shoot 100gr JHP's like a laser beam grin

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

660 members (1beaver_shooter, 1eyedmule, 1minute, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 1234, 58 invisible), 2,964 guests, and 1,342 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,697
Posts18,456,685
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.