OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by hatari
OK, how's this:

7:12PM5:00PMSun 03 Aug DL 200 Nonstop ATL - JNB
15h 48m

I'll deal with the rest!

Do it! I really enjoyed the Kudu hunting. They are a challenge. The PH told me upfront that most animals on my list we can get. The one I may go home without is a Kudu. Finding a mature bull with good size is tough. Mine ended up being smaller than I had envisioned, but in retrospect I am very happy with the hunt. If I ever go back Kudu will be on the list again.

GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

I don't think I could ever tire of hunting kudu. They are fantastic!

Every time I start thinking of an elk hunt and start counting the cash, I get to the point where I think I'd rather go to Africa and hunt kudu.......

A hearty Amen from the back row!!!!!

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Kudu are always an interesting hunt�..

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
P
prm Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Took awhile, long story, but got three of the mounts back this weekend. Very pleased with how they turned out. Still need to go pick up the Waterbuck and Kudu, but they are ready. Getting the itch to go back to Africa too! Definitely need a Bushbuck, Nyala, and who know what else. Maybe a crazy looking Black Wildebeest.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by prm; 05/17/16.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
excellent !!

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Really nice. They look great.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Very tasteful mounts. I very much like the profile look. Can't wait for that kudu!

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
N
N
What a great report! Just for information; Game Farms in South Africa (ZA) are measured in Hectares (Ha). A hectare is 10m square. It is just wee under 2.5 acres (2.47). So, the property that you were on was quite a bit larger than you thought. The warm cereal that you had for Breakfast is called "pop". We think of it as Grits. I especially like it with fresh fruit. Now that you have had such a successful PG hunt, It's time to save up the big bucks and go for the real stuff. Dangerous Game.
God Bless
Favor Center

Attached Images
Craig & Charl-2.jpg (56.88 KB, 42 downloads)
Last edited by Nanook; 05/18/16.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Every time I start thinking of an elk hunt and start counting the cash, I get to the point where I think I'd rather go to Africa and hunt kudu.......

Without at doubt. I've been adding the costs of our upcoming elk hunt in Sept and it is rapidly surpassing a modest, five animal PG hunt in Namibia. If I had to do this all over again...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Indeed!

I have gone elk hunting 4 times so far--WY and MT--and have yet to take a shot on an elk. I've put well over $10K into elk hunting yet only to eat a lot of tag soup.

That sch!t don't happen when you go to Africa.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jorgeI

Without at doubt. I've been adding the costs of our upcoming elk hunt in Sept and it is rapidly surpassing a modest, five animal PG hunt in Namibia. If I had to do this all over again...

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
N
N
I just reread my post above and see that my keyboard mistyped number. A Hectare is 100 meters on a side, not 10. 2½ Acres is 330' x 330'. Blame my fat fingers.
Craig

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
PRM, those mounts turned out looking great!! I did my gemsbok same as you. I really like the profile look for it.

On your next trip; have you thought about mountain reedbuck? I took one on my last trip. Their coat is almost like a whitetails and just plain cool to look at. IMHO..

He went over yonder way
P
prm Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Here's the Waterbuck. On a friends pedestal for the pic. I also have the Kudu but I don't have a pedestal yet.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

P
prm Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Heeler
PRM, those mounts turned out looking great!! I did my gemsbok same as you. I really like the profile look for it.

On your next trip; have you thought about mountain reedbuck? I took one on my last trip. Their coat is almost like a whitetails and just plain cool to look at. IMHO..

Thanks. For the next trip I have considered the Reedbuck. Bushbuck is probably number one, but also want Springbok, Nyala, a Wildebeest and possibly another Kudu.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Love that you used a Kimber Montana. What scope? And thanks for sharing.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
P
prm Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by sidepass
Love that you used a Kimber Montana. What scope? And thanks for sharing.

Scope is a VX-2 3-9x40 w/CDS. Very happy with it.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by prm

[Linked Image]

I say again...FANTASTIC Waterbuck! laugh

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

C'mon Jorge, you are more than just a $/# hunter, no? I am working that the next hunt is one I have not done or successfully completed.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

In my case age has something to do with it too. Climbing up a mountain in the dark then taking the next two days to pack out meat ( IF you get the elk...).....welll...that ship has sailed! grin

Ive been fortunate to have BTDT many times, and done the Africa thing many times. Age makes me comfort-oriented and Id go back to Africa in a heartbeat if Hatari would arrange a direct flight from Atlanta to Windhoek....

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

81 members (257robertsimp, 6mmCreedmoor, 300_savage, 01Foreman400, 13 invisible), 1,326 guests, and 801 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,058
Posts18,463,241
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.