-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just called the director's office...my opinion (name, ph number) will be emailed to the F&G director...
Call fellas, be kind. 208-334-3700 The gal I talked to was very kind and frankly I think she absolutely ageed with us here.

Decision will be likely tomorrow a.m. ...

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Wow! 900 SUCCESSFUL kids got tags... the simple fact there were 900 success stories says the regs were anything but clear. The number of unsuccessful applicants sounds like it must have been far higher... A reasonable man could easily infer they were not clear in spelling out the rules.

And poachers willing to shoot under-size sheep think the youngsters and their parents should have legal consequences as a result of applying for a tag without following the instructions exactly?

Just WOW!

Yeah, Utah should teach those stinking kids a lesson and jerk their tags away from them!?!?! What better way to show them how "adults" do it.

The intent of the legislature was that younger kids should be allowed to hunt big game... What a way to show it to 900 of them.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

Yeah, Utah should teach those stinking kids a lesson...

Utah...lol.

Sniffs rotten bait...moves on.

M
Mac7 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Wow. Not sure what that rant is about? You been drinking? Or just want to start chit?

The regs were clear to me and lots of others I know. Who didn't put their kids in.

Effective July 1, 2014
� the minimum age to hunt big game
was lowered from 12 to 10. A 9-year old may buy a license to
apply for a controlled hunt tag, but he or she must be 10 years
old at the time of the hunt.

Since this law does not take effect until July 1, 2014, hunters
who are 10 cannot apply for big game controlled hunts in the
first controlled hunt application periods (April-June), but a
9-year old who will turn 10 during the season can apply in the
second application period in August.

Last edited by Mac7; 06/30/14.
M
Mac7 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Just called and left my opinion. Now we'll probably black listed from drawing anything. LOL

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mac,
If you have time to kill, read this thread, the comedy gold starts around page 7 or 8....
http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/8689825/8

The guy obviously knows nothing about this app situation or even what state it is occurring in. It is the way he rolls. You'll see that in the thread I linked.

I won't waste anymore time on the fool.

M
Mac7 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
K will check it out later. Always up for some internet comedy.

Off topic thinking about a trip up near where you got your ID goat. Went last year and was too early for good fishing. Thinking later this month or august.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by broomd
Mac,
If you have time to kill, read this thread, the comedy gold starts around page 7 or 8....
http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/8689825/8

The guy obviously knows nothing about this app situation or even what state it is occurring in. It is the way he rolls. You'll see that in the thread I linked.

I won't waste anymore time on the fool.

So why didn't you post the thread this photo was in?

[Linked Image]

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mac7
Wow. Not sure what that rant is about? You been drinking? Or just want to start chit?

The regs were clear to me and lots of others I know. Who didn't put their kids in.

Effective July 1, 2014
� the minimum age to hunt big game
was lowered from 12 to 10. A 9-year old may buy a license to
apply for a controlled hunt tag, but he or she must be 10 years
old at the time of the hunt.

Since this law does not take effect until July 1, 2014, hunters
who are 10 cannot apply for big game controlled hunts in the
first controlled hunt application periods (April-June), but a
9-year old who will turn 10 during the season can apply in the
second application period in August.

In harling one typically uses multiple flies to attract the fish. With enough flies in the water the fish are far more likely to take one of them. Sometimes there are attractors used without hooks... just to see if the fish are there.

M
Mac7 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
AAH ok you learned from or taught Bigstick. Have fun, got some fish to cook. Will check back later.

Last edited by Mac7; 06/30/14.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Off topic thinking about a trip up near where you got your ID goat. Went last year and was too early for good fishing. Thinking later this month or august.

Its a knee slapper. Photo after photo of the same legal ram from every angle...and it isn't legal to him. A simply 360* circle becomes rocket science. <grin>

Let me know when you head up there to fish...did I give you all the details on that lake? It is worth the hike in!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by broomd

Its a knee slapper. Photo after photo of the same legal ram from every angle...and it isn't legal to him. A simply 360* circle becomes rocket science. <grin>

Let me know when you head up there to fish...did I give you all the details on that lake? It is worth the hike in!

It may be legal in that no one was prosecuted for it, but it certainly is not lawful and if you knew who had seen the thread and made the same comment you would likely not be so cocky...

Besides getting back to the kids that "won" tags before they were eligible is really where the whine fest was...

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
About 950 kids drew permits but if they disqualify them, a lot more older hunters will lose their permits, too. Many of the kids are in group hunts. If any of the group is ineligible, the entire group is disqualified. That's nothing new. It's been than way for many years.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
About 950 kids drew permits but if they disqualify them, a lot more older hunters will lose their permits, too. Many of the kids are in group hunts. If any of the group is ineligible, the entire group is disqualified. That's nothing new. It's been than way for many years.

Yep, that is the crux of the issue. Probably stating the obvious here Chuck, but I know some dimwits don't get it.
Youngsters are the hunting future, we dads know that and there is nothing like seeing your kid, or "a" kid, have a great hunt, successful or not.
But allowing kids who were unlawful (and the others on the same app) to be legal with a magic wand in spite of what the regs state sets a terrible example to those same kids.

It is akin to the immigration debate, one can get in line or one can go around the rules with some defacto caveat.
And it is the parents who are to blame for this, not the kids who probably have no clue of the regs.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

The legal standard should be based on what reasonable people did when reading the instructions... They should have recognized the fact the law changes would be confusing and made special arrangements to revamp the process and install large warnings.

It sounds like a huge chunk of people failed to get it right... so the State got it wrong, clearly. With the time constraints a do-over is probably not likely.

They have painted themselves into a corner and nothing they do will be right... Taking the tags away from the underage winners is probably the worst answer.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
We hear this all the time: "its for the children". There seems to be a mindset that anything is ok as long as 'its for the children'. I taught my sons to obey the rules. It's true that for probably all of them their fathers entered the illegal applications but the kids need to learn that we have rules for a reason and age doesn't excuse us from following them. If a kid is old enough to carry a deadly weapon, he's sure old enough to know and obey the rules of hunting.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Many people (including my neighbors who have a soon to be 10 y/o) abided by the regs and will see no tag for their youngster this year. They knew the law and abided by it. They saw no mystery, most didn't.
Others applied illegally even though the stipulations are very clear.

Any idiot who would justify it is cut out of the Obamacare victim-entitlement mentality cloth and is THE problem with this country today.
Kids are the future of hunting, they need to be involved, but they need to abide by the regs first and foremost.
This situation is a great teachable moment for the state and it's kids/parents, even with
the added expense and inconvenience it presents.

M
Mac7 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Agree with you both (rockchuck and broomd)

What example would I set for my kids if they drew their tag in a draw they weren't eligible to put in for. We can bend the rules when needed?

Sorry not how I'm raising my kids. I've talked to them about it and they can't believe the parents would do that. Must be doing something right. Will get them out fly fishing soon, rivers are coming into shape.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
So he didn't follow the rules and wants his money back. LOL

Should get a fine or prohibited from the draw for a few years.

This is part of the whine that is classic... Guy makes a mistake in the draw application just exactly like many hundreds of others did and you think he should be kicked out of the draw for a couple years?!?!?

With that many making the same mistake the odds are the State did a lousy job of detailing the changes.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A letter to the editor today was by a man who'd entered his kid in a group draw. (They didn't draw.) He said that the application said nothing at all about the kid's not being eligible to apply. He asks asked what they intend to do with his application fees if they decide to throw out the permits. He wants them back.

However, he's wrong. This is in the regulations:
Since this law does not take effect until July 1, 2014, hunters who are 10 cannot apply for big game controlled hunts in the first controlled hunt application periods (April-June), but a 9-year old who will turn 10 during the season can apply in the second application period in August.

The writer of the letter said "Application" and you are using the regulations... Important changes need to be spelled out very clearly for people to catch onto the changes... I suspect the changes were not clear on the application.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

490 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 39 invisible), 2,359 guests, and 1,079 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,494
Posts18,452,415
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.