Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Im kicking around the idea of putting my finnwolf in the classifieds and was wondering what would be a fair asking price? I know they are hard to come by but its not collector grade. It is an excellent hunting gun. It just sits in the safe and I never use it.

It has a B Nickel Marburg/L 4x36x 30mm German scope with heavy post reticle. same period as the gun but is very clear and bright. gun shoots very good with 150gn core loc

not trying to get bids, just come up with a fair asking price IF I decide to sell

GB1

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Blue Book shows the Finnwolf at 100% for $895, three shot mag, add 15% for early 4 shot mag. (mfg.'62-'74)

That's a really fine rifle, hard to find. I think it would bring more than Blue Book. I'm not sure about the scope. If it was a Euro brand sold and serviced in the U.S. it would bring a lot more.

I'd probably ask $1,250 for the rig (three shot mag) and be prepared to bargain to some degree. For an early four shot mag Finnwolf, I'd bump the price some.

IMHO.

DF

H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Its the 4 shot mag, Im probably going to kick myself some day for selling this thing but I have some 99s that I carry when a lever is needed. the guy I bought it from killed his first deer with it when he was a kid. it was passed down by his grandfather who bought it new in Germany in the 60s when he was stationed in Germany. the scope has been on it since it was new.

he almost cried when he sold it to me but he needed the money to buy his wife an anniversary gift.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Hmmm.

You may regret parting with that one...

DF

H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
I likely will but I promised myself I am going to get rid of some stuff I just dont shoot and this one is on the list..

IC B2

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Wish I was in the market for one. My stable is full...

I probably need to start thinning mine out, like you.

DF

O
O
Intersted in your finnwolf. djhaugohotmail.com

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I paid $800 for one in 95% condition but in a Bishop stock a couple years ago. Another in 85-90% was listed at $1000 and original stock but was not selling. Mags are expensive, generally about $175 a pop. Hear tell you can use Win 88 mags in them though. Not for sure about that.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Yeah, you wouldn't want to lose a mag, especially an early 4 round mag...

DF

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Mink
Hear tell you can use Win 88 mags in them though. Not for sure about that.

Maybe....but I tried a model 100 mag and it was no go.....

IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
One of my favorite rifles. I've let two slip through my fingers. My experience is that the people that are willing to pay the kind of price mentioned expect an immaculate rifle. Condition is everything. Mine was an older rifle and in good shape but the polyethylene finish (or what ever it is) was lightly checked in some places and one guy sent the rifle back and I started from scratch. The market is exceptionally soft right now more than I've seen in years. First off I NEVER sell rifles with scopes. Tough enough to find someone that wants what you have AND has money but if they already have an extra scope and who doesn't now they have to cough up more money for a scope they possibly don't want anyway. With out seeing the rifle I'd guess $800 possibly slightly higher if it's in excellent condition, less if it's just in good shape. Sell the scope to someone looking for that particular model, you will make more money in the end. Good luck. I'd be interested but at my age I've got more rifles that I could ever use. I'm starting to sell them off myself.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Hillbill- You may wish to run it by the guys at Sakocollectors Club and get another opinion. It is real hard to give a decent opinion without pictures. Dirtfarmer may be the closest with his assessment but it would have to be in great shape and have the original scope mount bases that are Sako made. I agree that the scope should be sold separately. Another way to come to an expected sale price would be to follow Gunbroker.com's "SOLD" prices on the FW. There are a few different stock styles and all sell for a little different price.Best-Mike

A PHD Won't help you if you don't know what the hell you are talking about.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

91 members (6mmbrfan, 2500HD, 14idaho, 7mm_Loco, 6mmCreedmoor, 300_savage, 12 invisible), 1,531 guests, and 749 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,518
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.