Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
E
Ella Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E
Finding stuff suggests you're not getting away from the crowds enough.

Nevertheless, my buddy lost his shades sliding assfirst down the bank. And I found these below the rapids.

[Linked Image]

I'm in the background.

My best find was a old birch frame canvas skin inflatable bladder 1970s german kayak, a "Klepper."

GB1

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Those look like my wifes shades............I'd slum 'em in a pinch.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My best find was a whole pile of 110 Connibears somebody lost from the previous fall's trapping. They were tagged, and I was actually able to get them back to the rightful owner.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gophergunner
My best find was a whole pile of 110 Connibears somebody lost from the previous fall's trapping. They were tagged, and I was actually able to get them back to the rightful owner.

That was dam descent of you to return em GG.
Far to many people wouldn't have.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Found a body once. Don't want to find anymore.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke 1795

"Give me liberty or give me death"
Patrick Henry 1775
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That proves there are good finds and not-so-good finds.

I suppose there are also some good finders, as the Conibears prove.

I've found my share of lures (who hasn't?) and stuff, most of it rusted to uselessness. Once found a nice women's watch, with diamonds - and working. Turned it in to the Forest Service. Was I ever astounded when a box came in the mail three months later. Nobody claimed it, and so they sent it to me. My wife still has it.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

N
NTG Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
You need to add little more bling and color to your "outfit"...then we'll consider you too sweet for us. LOL

E
Ella Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E
I once spent 15 minutes clambering around to get a cast into a tough to access pool...and promptly snagged something on the bottom. After another period of cussing and sliding, I pulled in a branch with 2 nice daredevils and a couple of mepps spinners attached, all in nice condition.

I've seen some unpleasant dead and bloated critters but thank goodness no bodies.

Ella

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
While deer hunting more than 30 yrs ago, a partner found a skull and a thigh bone belonging to a human. We did the Christian thing and went and got the police. They found more bones, some clothing remnants, and a 9mm Luger. The newspaper said the fellow died of natural causes. They didn't mention the hole in the back of the skull slightly larger than a pencil. . with all the official traipsing around, our deer hunt was over!

The weirdest thing I ever pulled off the bottom or a lake or river in this case, was in the Columbia River east of The Dalles. Was fishing walleye, and had an 8# in the boat, and often caught fish over 10#. (start brag - have a 14# 11 on the wall, but that is a different story! - end brag) Hooked into the mother of all walleyes. Took me 30 mins and drifted more than a mile to get this monster to the surface. It would take drag and make runs from time to time. . turned out to be a 14" tire! When it hit current brakes the damn thing would keep its head down and take off! Not wanting to deprive others of the thrill of such a battle, I practiced catch and release!

Fred

I need to get back there - the big walleyes are still there.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gophergunner
I'm a trapper too, and have lost a few traps now and then. Most of the ones I lost were stolen. I did have a 220 conibear returned to me that a duck hunter found sitting on top of a muskrat hut out in the middle of a swamp. No idea how it got there, as I hadn't run any steel in that swamp. I went through my stuff, and realized I was short one 220. To this day I have no idea when, where, or how I lost that trap and how it ended up in that swamp. All I can figure is someone picked it up somewhere where I had dropped it and somehow left it in that swamp. Weird for sure.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I was walleye fishing with spinner and crawlers one afternoon with my Son. I hooked into a snag and hauled in some line. When I pulled in the line to get it out of the way, I felt some tugging and pulled in another spinner rig with a 4LB walleye on it. A bit later I hooked into something the proceeded to strip line each time I thought it was getting closer to the boat. Finally got right over the top of it and cranked in a 10LB rock that my spinner hook had managed to grab. (sandstone) The stripping of the line was from the two drop-offs I had managed to pull the rock over. I have also found good rods and reels and a couple of expensive anchors. The other things I have found were two entire tackle boxes and a body, but that was while I was spearfishing. Countless lures worth many hundreds of dollars.-Mike

A PHD Won't help you if you don't know what the hell you are talking about.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by prairie dog shooter
Found a body once. Don't want to find anymore.

Promise me something Clay........ promise me you'll quit finding dead bodies

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I too have found a body, bit it wasnt so mich of a whole body as it was the upper torso hanging in a tree. Fella hung himself, and the high flood waters early in the spring washed his lower body away, or else the coyotes chewed it away.

Found a brand new(price sticker still on it). Heavy duty extendable landing net one time. Walked into a HUGE dope grow once...that one almost got interesting really quick

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I live on Clear Lake in CA. Its rated #2 Bass Lake in the nation so it get a lot of fishing pressure and with a lot of anglers things get lost. My best find was a 80 dollar landing net. Just saw a handle sticking up and there it was. Sadly, I have lost more than I have found. One landing net, a good rod with a Curado reel and Buzz bait on it, a rod and reel mu Daughter lost while we were fishing a tournament. Couldn't stop as a couple of guys were trying to get in on us so I threw out a marker so we could come back and get it. Couple hundred yards down the line looked up and a guy in a boat picked up the marker. Never did find them.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by coyote268
I live on Clear Lake in CA. Its rated #2 Bass Lake in the nation so it get a lot of fishing pressure and with a lot of anglers things get lost. My best find was a 80 dollar landing net. Just saw a handle sticking up and there it was. Sadly, I have lost more than I have found. One landing net, a good rod with a Curado reel and Buzz bait on it, a rod and reel mu Daughter lost while we were fishing a tournament. Couldn't stop as a couple of guys were trying to get in on us so I threw out a marker so we could come back and get it. Couple hundred yards down the line looked up and a guy in a boat picked up the marker. Never did find them.

I used to fish Clear Lake often. But that was 10 years ago. Love that lake.

How's the drought treating ya? Around here, most our lakes are less than 50%. Some have water lines so low that the end of the boat launch is 200 ft above water!

But makes walking the shore interesting. Guy could find enough lures to last a lifetime

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Lake is really low with a lot of weed growth. If you can get on them its still kicking out quality bass on topwater stuff. Buzz baits, frogs and Horney toads.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When I was about 17 or so, I was with my parents and brother, fishing on Munising bay of Lake Superior. We were anchored and jigging for walleye or whatever would bite. Fishing was slow, so we decided to move and since I was sitting in the bow I started pulling up the anchor.When the anchor broke the surface, I noticed a bunch of wire tangled with it. It turned out to be steel fishing line with a set of brass cowbell spinners and a brass dodger on it.

I cut the wire loose and wadded it up and kept the cowbells. smile

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
They complement his Chewbacca tee shirt so well. MMMmmmmm he looks soooooper. (Said with a lisp and homosexual overtones) What a beefcake!

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
E
Ella Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E
Lol. I didn't even notice the t-shirt. He's an engineer whadaya expect....

Ella

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Laffin,, I'm about y'alls age maybe a tad bit older. I would wear a Chewbacca tee shirt to church. I get the whole starwars thing I was a we lad when the first movies came out. I will always love them. It just looks so f'n funny, the glasses and the shirt together the backdrop of the river just made it even better.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

76 members (35, 10Glocks, 14idaho, 6mmbrfan, 280shooter, 2500HD, 7 invisible), 1,589 guests, and 729 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,547
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.