bcraig Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Boxer
Originally Posted by bcraig
That great ,
Now back to my original question Would you try one of the Remington long range rifles or would you just get a cheap 700 and rebarrel?That is if it didn,t shoot good enough with the factory barrel.

700 yards is a long distance for me on deer as I have never shot at a deer at over 440 yards. I always tried to get closer or pass the shot.

Now I want to start shooting farther and trying to figure out a good platform for it.

Youre right about some things but wrong about one thing for sure ,Yes I am going to shoot and practice with the [bleep] thing as you call it.

Just trying to figure out which [bleep] thing I want to shoot that will give me the best terminal performance given the same bullet placement.And give the best accuracy.

Stay cracked up if you want , but what would you choose under the same circumstances ?

Funny schit! Now after "all" that shooting and "experience" after 40yrs of incredibly slooooooowwwwww "learning",you are now going to suddenly attain a first [bleep] clue?!? Ain't happening and you've the cart soooooooo [bleep] far in front of the Pony,that it CAIN'T happen. Hint.

Not slow learning at all ,I just wasn,t interested till now.
You apparently are just wanting to be your usual smartass self .

You'd do well to simply shut the [bleep] up,take notes and apply same,then thank me later. Re-Hint.

You would do well shut the [bleep] up,Dont think I will be thanking for for anything.

What I would do is moot,because you are powerless in the refrain of making bad decisions,so are incapable of anything bordering a smart move. You're hung up on a [bleep] barrel contour and that is some seriously funny schit!

I am not hung up on anything ,Just asking questions.
I am smarty enough I dont have to cut timber and talk in some kind of gibberish instead of English.

Think boolits,boolits and boolits...roughly in that order. It's all about connecting the most dots and you can't even get 2 of 'em connected. What are the '06 and 7Remmie Factory Loads,which so enthrall you? Yes,I realize you are clueless in that regard and don't think that ain't funny too!

I dont need to name loads as there are plenty of factory that are there to use.
You find everything funny.Sure sign of being touched in the head,but then again you already knew that didn,t you?

What are you shooting now? What is the 440yd machine? What glass are you using? Which LRF do you drive? How did 700yds become a "magical" number?

30-06 and 243,440 is a Quarter mile and we have several agri fields that are a Quarter.
We also have several that have 700 yards that a shot could be taken with proper rest,rifle and shooter.
I have the rest,can get the rifle and will become proficient through practice.

You are wrapped up around the schit that matters least,while skirting that which matters most and it is indeed funny to be privvy to that sorta bumbling dumbfhuqqtitude. Kudos for frosting it copiously with oblivious hilarity,because I've zero doubt,you are doing your best. Read that again.

Fhuc you too ,Read that again

To reliably arrange POA/POI intersections is a breeze,if one wishes it to be...you are striving admirably to make easy schit difficult and are at your own mercy,because you THINK you've got a [bleep] clue to build offa. Sweetie you do not,nor close and are assuring same,by poking your head in the sand and standing your ground. Stupid ain't ever smart and you are done before you start. Hint.

I am not your sweetie,although you might aspire as much.

Relax,shut the [bleep] up,pay a little attention and shake your head back and forth quickly,in an attempt to erase that which you THINK you "know".

I have forgot more about a lot of subjects than you will ever know, you know more about long range shooting but you would rather talk your backwoods gibberish that just answer simple questions.I also learned how to speak in a normal manner and not in a backwoods slang . Of course that just draws more attention to you.Which is all you want anyway.

Shout when your mind is right,because until then,you are pissing up ropes.

Revisit the Factory Fodder selections your "experience","knowledge" and "results" have enabled you to swoon and pick your version of something "good"...then we'll kick that around and pinpoint your dumbfhuqqtitude even further in extrapolation.

You are truly an idiot.

Start At The [bleep] Stat and boolits is ALWAYS the start.

Hint.

I should never have asked you a phuqqing thing as I Realized what a Moronic azz you were a long time ago from watching your responses to other people.
You are legend in your own mind.

You know all I did was ask some simple questions
You want to be a smartass ,just like you most often are.
So phuqq you too.

Faster horses,Younger women,Older Whiskey,More money

GB1

B
bcraig Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
There have been several here who have attempted to give informative answers.
To those and to those who have sent me a PM telling me to ignore the troublemakers ,Thank you

To the ones who just want to stir chit and be a trouble maker
To hell with you and your kind.

Craig

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Craig,

You'll wanna remember to always start by [bleep] yourself...simply because you'll get more poozy that way. Congratulations?!?

You Whining Clueless Kchunts are a [bleep] riot! First you ask questions,then it slowly sinks in as to what an amazing Idiot you are,then your feelers get hurt. Simply put,you've been led to water,but are too [bleep] stupid to drink,so now you are going to Whine and make Excuses. REALLY enjoyed the Secret Squirrel PM Ploy too,as that is always a "dreaded" Trump Card. Laffin'!

I'm afforded the luxury of not being forced to guess and you enjoy the "luxury"of being an amazingly inept slooowwwwwwwwww "learner",who after 40yrs of doing her "best",is still devoid a FIRST [bleep] clue. Very impressive. Laffin'!

PLEASE find me "mistaken" and I'll happily take the time to rub your nose even further,in your incredible Stupidity. Lemme letcha' in on a little "secret",it ain't happenin'. Hint.

VERY good call to refrain ALL things The Rifle and instead focus your Estrogen Levels upon your Vagina Monologue. I rather enjoyed the Hissy Fit. Thanks. Laffin'!

First you Stupid [bleep] ask questions,then you are handed facts on a silver platter,then because they aren't anywhere near alignment with your crossed-eyes and 17 IQ points,you cry "foul". Hilarious!

Whatcha' figure to Pretend about next? After it enters your Imagination,how long do it take to become "real" to you?!? Laffin'!

You are in soooooooooooooo [bleep] far over your pointy head,that it really is gawdamned amazing.

Bless your heart.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
With an attitude like yours OP it's amazing Boxer has even offered up some pearls. You'd do well to decipher his wisdom and act accordingly. Or you could just GFY.

m77 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The factory 700 Long Range in 30-06 would probably do 700y easily. Factory ammo is going to be expensive though, but you should be able to get factory ammo that will give you good enough accuracy for 700y
http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/centerfire/model-700/model-700-long-range.aspx

For deer this in 260 Rem or 6.5 Creed would be easier to spot hits than the 30-06 and high BC bullets of the 6.5 is always a plus.
http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/model/10PREDATORHUNTERMAX1

Or as mentioned earlier, the Ruger American Predator in 6.5 or 30 cal.

For optics, I would go with a SWFA Super Sniper fixed power. Seems like they are pretty decent for the price.

Pieter

Last edited by m77; 07/07/14.
IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
'diddle,

She can only do the best she can do,with what incredibly [bleep] little she has to work with.

Even she knows this and it makes her pissy.(grin)

'77,

It's ALL about boolits and a rifle can simply be no better than it's boolits. Many are in a hurry to overlook that glaring obvious,which is always entertaining and upon many levels. Key is connecting dots and the OP cain't get 1 in a "row". Funny schit!

Never heard of a S/S...it's all about zoom range and objective size.

Laffin'!

Lemme fuel her Imagination,if only to bolster her Pretend.

[Linked Image]

We's either gonna get Excuses and Whine...or Cricketts. Tough call,other than to know it'll be [bleep] funny!

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
What I have always found interesting is that there are darn few public 500+ Shooting ranges out there so most folks couldn't find a place to shoot to practice this stuff, lest they live out in the boonies, or have access some how.

OH - BTW, getting pissed off when getting free advice speaks for itself.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Craig-

Done it both ways. Honestly, a stock is only as good as it feels. If it don't fit, it ain't gonna work. It's akin to having a size 9 shoe and wearing a size 11 just because.

What I am getting at is go to your local shop and see what fits. A custom stock or factory. From there you can decide if you want to keep it factory or build it.

Now, as others have said, the bullet is where it's at. If you don't have access to a friend that has a press, get in touch with one of the smaller reloading firms (HSM etc..) and see what they can do for you. If nothing else no matter the caliber, you can be sure you are getting repeatable results.

As far as 700 yards. Not saying you are not capable or anything, but I have no problem shooting a yote at 700 with my 300RUM but with my -06.... not sure I would do that, but that is just me...not sure of the 7mm, only shot the mother in law's at 200 so not sure of it's effectiveness.

Optics.. Good luck on that one. I have a $100 scope on one rifle and a $2500 on another. I like them equally for their intended purposes. Like the stock, you will need to try them out and see what fits. You may love it at 700 and hate it at 75.

Good Luck

WM

B
bcraig Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Craig,

You'll wanna remember to always start by [bleep] yourself...simply because you'll get more poozy that way. Congratulations?!?

Nobody [bleep] any body.
You are just a smartass,its not what you say its your smartass,gibberish way of saying it .
[bleep] you

You Whining Clueless Kchunts are a [bleep] riot! First you ask questions,then it slowly sinks in as to what an amazing Idiot you are,then your feelers get hurt. Simply put,you've been led to water,but are too [bleep] stupid to drink,so now you are going to Whine and make Excuses. REALLY enjoyed the Secret Squirrel PM Ploy too,as that is always a "dreaded" Trump Card. Laffin'!

Again it not what you say,its your smartass way of saying it.
You have led no one to water.You sure do have a highly inflated oppinion of yourself.
No secret squirrel play at all. I sent you several PM asking your oppinion about several things and you replied in a courteous manner.Then you come back on and start talking your smartass gibberish again.
[bleep] you

I'm afforded the luxury of not being forced to guess and you enjoy the "luxury"of being an amazingly inept slooowwwwwwwwww "learner",who after 40yrs of doing her "best",is still devoid a FIRST [bleep] clue. Very impressive. Laffin'!

Once again ,you are a smartass
phugg you

PLEASE find me "mistaken" and I'll happily take the time to rub your nose even further,in your incredible Stupidity. Lemme letcha' in on a little "secret",it ain't happenin'. Hint.

There is nothing to find you mistaken on...
You are not giving any advice on this post
Just being a smartass
Phugg you

VERY good call to refrain ALL things The Rifle and instead focus your Estrogen Levels upon your Vagina Monologue. I rather enjoyed the Hissy Fit. Thanks. Laffin'!

I am sure you do enjoy stirring chit as that seems to be your forte.
Phugg you

First you Stupid [bleep] ask questions,then you are handed facts on a silver platter,then because they aren't anywhere near alignment with your crossed-eyes and 17 IQ points,you cry "foul". Hilarious!

Dont reply then azzhat.You are not the Guru of the Campfire ,just a loudmouth inbred who likes to run people down.
Phugg you

Whatcha' figure to Pretend about next? After it enters your Imagination,how long do it take to become "real" to you?!? Laffin'!

Well it wont be pretending you can actually give anything but a smartass reply,thought you might have changed some but you are the same braindead smartass you have always been.

You are in soooooooooooooo [bleep] far over your pointy head,that it really is gawdamned amazing.

The more you rant when you could have just given advice in a polite manner the more Idiotic you become.

Bless your heart.

I certainly dont need any kind of blessing from you,

B
bcraig Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Paradiddle
With an attitude like yours OP it's amazing Boxer has even offered up some pearls. You'd do well to decipher his wisdom and act accordingly. Or you could just GFY.

Stick your nose up his azz
Back at you with the GFY

IC B3

B
bcraig Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by m77
The factory 700 Long Range in 30-06 would probably do 700y easily. Factory ammo is going to be expensive though, but you should be able to get factory ammo that will give you good enough accuracy for 700y
http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/centerfire/model-700/model-700-long-range.aspx

For deer this in 260 Rem or 6.5 Creed would be easier to spot hits than the 30-06 and high BC bullets of the 6.5 is always a plus.
http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/model/10PREDATORHUNTERMAX1

Or as mentioned earlier, the Ruger American Predator in 6.5 or 30 cal.

For optics, I would go with a SWFA Super Sniper fixed power. Seems like they are pretty decent for the price.

Pieter

Thanks

B
bcraig Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
'diddle,

She can only do the best she can do,with what incredibly [bleep] little she has to work with.

Once again your usual smartass reply.

Even she knows this and it makes her pissy.(grin)

I am sure you do have a Moronic grin on your face ,
It is indicitive of well being a Moron.

'77,

It's ALL about boolits and a rifle can simply be no better than it's boolits. Many are in a hurry to overlook that glaring obvious,which is always entertaining and upon many levels. Key is connecting dots and the OP cain't get 1 in a "row". Funny schit!

Never heard of a S/S...it's all about zoom range and objective size.

Laffin'!

Lemme fuel her Imagination,if only to bolster her Pretend.

[Linked Image]

We's either gonna get Excuses and Whine...or Cricketts. Tough call,other than to know it'll be [bleep] funny!

Yes I did Pm you,asking about scope mounts.
You gave advice in a courteous way .
I thought perhaps you had changed your smartass ways
But instead you come back on a different post of mine and start being your same smartass,gibberish talking,braindead,legend in your own mind self.
IF you had come on this post and offered advice in a decent manner none of this would be neccasary.
Its really not neccasary anyway but it does allow you to be the center of attention,which is all you really want anyway.

You have learned that as long as you write inflammatory post that you can be the center of attention.
For the first time in your life people are paying YOU attention !!
Congradulations

B
bcraig Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Spotshooter
What I have always found interesting is that there are darn few public 500+ Shooting ranges out there so most folks couldn't find a place to shoot to practice this stuff, lest they live out in the boonies, or have access some how.

OH - BTW, getting pissed off when getting free advice speaks for itself.

I have access
Pissed off?
When the Free Advice doesn,t match the questions asked it is aggravating.

Boxer hasn,t given advice on this post ,just been a smartazz.
BUT you see it as you please.

B
bcraig Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Wondermutt
Craig-

Done it both ways. Honestly, a stock is only as good as it feels. If it don't fit, it ain't gonna work. It's akin to having a size 9 shoe and wearing a size 11 just because.

What I am getting at is go to your local shop and see what fits. A custom stock or factory. From there you can decide if you want to keep it factory or build it.

Now, as others have said, the bullet is where it's at. If you don't have access to a friend that has a press, get in touch with one of the smaller reloading firms (HSM etc..) and see what they can do for you. If nothing else no matter the caliber, you can be sure you are getting repeatable results.

As far as 700 yards. Not saying you are not capable or anything, but I have no problem shooting a yote at 700 with my 300RUM but with my -06.... not sure I would do that, but that is just me...not sure of the 7mm, only shot the mother in law's at 200 so not sure of it's effectiveness.

Optics.. Good luck on that one. I have a $100 scope on one rifle and a $2500 on another. I like them equally for their intended purposes. Like the stock, you will need to try them out and see what fits. You may love it at 700 and hate it at 75.

Good Luck

WM

Thanks
I think the Major Manufactures probably do a good enough job loading.Plenty of good bullets they load as well.

Last edited by bcraig; 07/07/14.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I have had very good luck recently with factory Remington specialty rifles like the M700 long range,sendero, tactical.

The B&C M40 stock on that long range is plenty good. I would have the recoil lug glass bedded and drop in a Timney 510 trigger and a 20 MOA rail with a quality scope and rings and have at it.

The 7 rem mag is perfect for your needs. For factory loads try the HSM loaded with 168 grain Bergers. I have also had very good luck with the Remington loaded 150 grain Swift Sciroccos and Winchester loaded 150 grain ballistic silvertip.

B
bcraig Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Timberbuck
I have had very good luck recently with factory Remington specialty rifles like the M700 long range,sendero, tactical.

The B&C M40 stock on that long range is plenty good. I would have the recoil lug glass bedded and drop in a Timney 510 trigger and a 20 MOA rail with a quality scope and rings and have at it.

The 7 rem mag is perfect for your needs. For factory loads try the HSM loaded with 168 grain Bergers. I have also had very good luck with the Remington loaded 150 grain Swift Sciroccos and Winchester loaded 150 grain ballistic silvertip.

Thanks.Appreciate it

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I should add that, if you are actually serious about LR hunting, the best money you'll ever spend is for John Burn's "How to Shoot" DVD series. Its 8-9hr but all great stuff.

B
bcraig Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
I should add that, if you are actually serious about LR hunting, the best money you'll ever spend is for John Burn's "How to Shoot" DVD series. Its 8-9hr but all great stuff.

Thanks
Do you have a website address?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Awesome! That's alotta Whinin' in a very short time! The Excuses were quaint to. Congratulations?!?

Only you will be "surprised" to learn,that I've never not helped them who ask for it. I gave you etched in stone facts,upon a silver platter and you cain't even know it...which is again,why it is soooooooo [bleep] funny! Read it all again. Hint.

As mentioned prior,shut the [bleep] up,slow the [bleep] down,take notes and apply same. Hint.

Hilarious to me,that you are under the opinion that anyone could make you appear to be the amazingly inept dumbfhuqq you are,better than you can...by your simply doing your "best". Read that again. Hint.

I'm simply afforded the luxury of not being forced to guess and ain't it poignantly poetic,that them facts fly over your pointy head and grant you the opportunity to showcase your Imagination and Pretend? Might I suggest that you interject some Secret Squirrel PM's,so as to REALLY make a "stand" and tug at heart strings. Laffin'!

You "lucky" bastard,you don't even have to play dumb...if only because it's a birthright and you've that unfair "advantage" to flaunt and wield without mercy.

Laffin'!

Looking forward to your next Whine and even more Excuses,as you reflect in the sweet "satisfactions" that must be your's,of basking in the "sanctity" of 40yrs of sheer and utter [bleep] cluelessness.

Bless your heart.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by bcraig
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee

Thanks
Do you have a website address?

http://www.amazon.com/Shoot-BEYOND-BELIEF-Shooting-Hunters/dp/B00AL1WQ64

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

492 members (1OntarioJim, 204guy, 222ND, 10gaugeman, 1Longbow, 17CalFan, 39 invisible), 1,945 guests, and 1,088 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,064
Posts18,463,440
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.