Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Greetings from north of the 49th parallel Bristoe,

I read this string with some amusement as you have a way with words. Been there my self with the inlaws 20 some years. Threw them out at 9 in the evening cause a line got crossed. We didn't speak for about 2 years. When we did boundaries had been established and we got on fine ever since.

FWIW the vast majority of the Quebec folks I've come across have been very good people, as with any group there are always a few a$$holes. Funny thing with a$$holes Ive noticed over the years is that they generally don't know what they are.

GB1

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Steelhead
You're a better man than me.

Nah,..I'm just older and maybe a tad more settled,..and I like to keep my home as harmonious as possible.

It was 3 days. I could tell by the end of day one that I had a burden to bear. So I just made myself hold my tongue for the next 48 hours.

I sequestered myself away from the situation for 3 days and allowed it to run its course.

Now things are back to where they were without any more drama than necessary.

My wife didn't help matters any.

She showed up on the second day,..after a shopping trip with them,..and presented me with a fifth of premium vodka that she picked up.

I'm not sure what the hell she was thinkin'.

Maybe she thought I needed to be sedated to get through it,..or maybe she wanted me to kill 'em.

I dunno.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
About 22 years ago I remember mom visiting me and the wife in LA. One night she started he sheit and then said 'When Robin (wife) goes to work in the morning she can drop me off at the airport'

I said 'Why wait till morning.' I threw her stuff in a suitcase, told her to get into the car and drove 30 miles to the first motel I knew of and dropped her off at 9pm.

How she was going to get the 20 miles to airport I didn't know and I didn't care.

Mommy issues. When do we hear about the Daddy issues?

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by RichardAustin
About 22 years ago I remember mom visiting me and the wife in LA. One night she started he sheit and then said 'When Robin (wife) goes to work in the morning she can drop me off at the airport'

I said 'Why wait till morning.' I threw her stuff in a suitcase, told her to get into the car and drove 30 miles to the first motel I knew of and dropped her off at 9pm.

How she was going to get the 20 miles to airport I didn't know and I didn't care.

Mommy issues. When do we hear about the Daddy issues?

I'll give him a call after he climbs off your wife.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There there now, lay back on the couch and tell us how that makes you feel.

Lived in LA and have Mommy issues... who would have ever guessed.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by Bristoe
...french canadians

I would seriously rather have a bunch of Ubangis in the house than french canadians�.

At 18, my hunting buddy Laszlo D was sniping Russians in his home town � Budapest. When the Reds subdued the Budapest resistance, "Les" and his family fled to eastern Canada, and he became a cartographer in the Canadian army.

When the French-Canadians in the Canadian navy militated for their own ships, with French names and manned with French-speaking crews, the navy's Hungarians campaigned for their own vessel, to be called the "Hunky Dory." laugh

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
to be called the "Hunky Dory." laugh

lol,...

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Contrary to what some of you may think, I go out of my way to be a good host on those occasions when guests are here.

It usually works out because typically, the guests are attempting to be good guests.

Those that are here now are clueless.

They're gone tomorrow. *whew*

If they were here any longer, I'd get myself a hotel room.

Or,..I'd have a few giant economy sized drinks and call a cab to take them to the airport.

Hasn't happened much in my life, but I'm very familiar with how you feel. Not a whole lot worse than guests invited to stay and being treated exceedingly well, only to have them behave and conduct themselves with no class, or worse, with flat out disrespect. For some, whether they knew it or not, their stay was a once in a lifetime deal...

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Hey,..I'm tellin' ya.

I don't even want the mailman to drop by right now.

,...but I'll get over it.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn
Originally Posted by bushrat

Instead,..I'm playing host to a couple of French Canadians who seem to derive pleasure from being fuggin' bums and looking down their noses .

Ah the Quebequois, I sympathize with you, now you know how the rest of us Canadians feel, they're always threatening to separate from the rest of Canada but they just never leave....a disease there is no cure for.

Is is spelled "Qu�b�cois".

Qu�b�cois(e) may refer to:

Someone who lives primarily in the Canadian province of Quebec

Someone related to the Canadian province of Quebec:
most often, a French-speaking native or inhabitant of Quebec;

any native or resident of Quebec; or the French culture of Quebec

Quebec French, the variety of French spoken in Quebec

A native or inhabitant of the province's capital, Quebec City (rare in English)

Le Quebecois, a newspaper based in Quebec City

Quebecois (ship), a freighter launched in 1963

I fall under the "Someone who lives primarily in the Canadian province of Quebec".

"They" as you refer to them are known as a "Sovereignists" or "Separatists" not "Quebecois". Further to that, not all Quebecois are "Sovereignists" or "Separatists". I am neither, and would prefer not to be lumped into the category.

A little sensitive eh! Don't know if you are French or not but your reply is typical of French Canadians, say one thing they don't like and you get an epistle of how you have offended them and infringed on their constitutional rights. Most Canadians are sick of the constant complaining coming out of Quebec. Yes there are good people in Quebec but the majority are a bunch of whining entitlement seeking jackasses that the majority of Canadians are sick to death of and sick of making transfer payments to a province that only takes and takes and takes and gives nothing back but contempt for those bending over backwards to accommodate their 'distinct society' and 'special needs'.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
Contrary to what some of you may think, I go out of my way to be a good host on those occasions when guests are here.

It usually works out because typically, the guests are attempting to be good guests.

Those that are here now are clueless.

They're gone tomorrow. *whew*

If they were here any longer, I'd get myself a hotel room.

Or,..I'd have a few giant economy sized drinks and call a cab to take them to the airport.

Hasn't happened much in my life, but I'm very familiar with how you feel. Not a whole lot worse than guests invited to stay and being treated exceedingly well, only to have them behave and conduct themselves with no class, or worse, with flat out disrespect. For some, whether they knew it or not, their stay was a once in a lifetime deal...

Yeah, but did they leave you any pasta? wink

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Sum won makee velly funnee insidee jokee.

smile

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by bushrat

A little sensitive eh! Don't know if you are French or not but your reply is typical of French Canadians, say one thing they don't like and you get an epistle of how you have offended them and infringed on their constitutional rights. Most Canadians are sick of the constant complaining coming out of Quebec. Yes there are good people in Quebec but the majority are a bunch of whining entitlement seeking jackasses that the majority of Canadians are sick to death of and sick of making transfer payments to a province that only takes and takes and takes and gives nothing back but contempt for those bending over backwards to accommodate their 'distinct society' and 'special needs'.

Nope, not born in Quebec, born in Ontario, English woman.

As for bending over, I'll leave that for you to perfect....

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

You're so [bleep] stupid that you think LA is Los Angeles.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
This has helped keep people like the ups driver from speaking. Motel is 15 miles away for guest.
[Linked Image]

Last edited by rickmenefee; 07/05/14.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Instead,..I'm playing host to a couple of French Canadians

Never yet met a French Canadian that was even close to being tolerable.......there all pretty much azzholes & they seem to enjoy it.

MM

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

Instead,..I'm playing host to a couple of French Canadians

Never yet met a French Canadian that was even close to being tolerable.......there all pretty much azzholes & they seem to enjoy it.

MM

Well,...as mentioned,...I'm fond of all the French Canadian women I've met,..well,..except for one.

They seem to find us lesser evolved southern American males exotic and amusing.

Of course,..we're just garden variety hillbillies.

But the contrast between us and those metrosexual males who inhabit the French Canadian community is striking enough to catch their attention.

Basically,...from what I've seen,..French Canadian males are surly sticks in the mud.

Us hillbillies are far from perfect,...but sticks in the mud, we ain't.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

It's a tough thing to push back in a genteel way on something, with friends or family, in your own house, and be taken seriously. And not offend.

A prophet hath no honor in his own country. smile

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You're so [bleep] stupid that you think LA is Los Angeles.

Too-Shay!!! grin

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (1eyedmule, 10gaugeman, 222Sako, 1minute, 12344mag, 1_deuce, 65 invisible), 2,891 guests, and 1,262 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,706
Posts18,456,843
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.