Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
FYI, some of these rifles (.223) just shine with the Winchester White Box, bulk pack 45 grn. hp load. For my every day load I use a lot of the Academy/ Monarch 55gr. sp. load. I bought a bunch of it, on sale about 6 years ago.

I used Weaver bases/ rings/ low. Using Weaver K 6 scopes (small ocular) and ,"dished" the bolt handle and reblued.

I have found that if I open the bolt with my pinky and close with the base of my thumb these little rifles feed very well.

Overall I use the 7.62x39 more than any other firearm I own. Under 150 yards, lethal on deer and hogs.

I have several loads for it from 110gr. to 130gr. bullets, all soft points. However, it shoots Winchester 123gr. sp.'s as well as anything else. I bought another case of them at a gun show this weekend.

GB1

G
G
I have the sako style extractor.

I may need to send it off, but I just get the feeling that all I need is to modify the extractor a bit with a dremel tool or file. (and my gun budget for the year is pretty much tapped out)

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Good luck on that, if you screw it up a replacement can be found.

My old style was screwed up before I bought the un-barrelled Charles Daly action in 96' (I didn't know it).A custom, machined replacement was found by Mr. Lapour and the guy who made it did not give it away.

So, go for the fix on yours.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Terry:

Mine is in .223 and I have been so busy shooting groundhogs with it that I have not determined which brand/weight is the best bullet.

I sighted it in around 2009 and it shot a .4 inch group (3 shots and Douglas #3 , 22 inch barrel) with some el cheapo UMC factory ammo I purchased 10 years before when the project started.

So I have been reloading/hunting ever since;I use Ramshot Xterminator powder, Horn. 50/55gr SXSP, Sierra 40gr., some Vmaxs. Targets are the groundhogs. Maybe this winter I will compare loads.

Very happy with it

G
G
Hate to hijack this thread, but I picked up a Zastava Mauser that has an adjustable trigger (Looks to be the same as the one in the diagram in the first page of this thread). When you pull the trigger the firing pin falls, and then the bolt locks up. If you hold the trigger down you can then open the bolt. I've got it out of the stock and can see the bottom of the sear coming into contact with the top of the trigger (through the little hole in the side of the trigger mechanism). Pulling the trigger allows the sear to move as the bolt is opened. Is there an adjustment for this? Any help would be appreciated!

IC B2

G
G
Ok, so I've been studying this trigger. It seems that after the firing pin falls, the top of the sear is being allowed to raise up too far into the indention on the bottom of the cocking piece. This is allowing the sear to reset on the trigger and causing the bolt to lock when opening. The cocking piece doesn't appear to have been altered in any way. Unless I'm missing something it appears like the only solution is going to be changing the cocking piece. Any input?

G
G
Talking to myself here (my wife would say that's nothing new) but I think someone swapped out the cocking piece on this rifle. I took the bolt out of another Mark X I have and it's cocking piece is flat across the bottom. This one is indented, I'm assuming for a two stage trigger. Can I be safe in presuming that replacing this one with a flat bottom one would fix my issue?

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I'll open the safe in the morning and look at mine I have not been near the triggers for a while.

G
G
Pulled the cocking piece from my other rifle and dropped it into this one. Worked like a charm. Now to order a new cocking piece. Why is it that some people... oh nevermind!

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I have three of these little devils all left hand. The first is a 221 fireball no problems at all and shoots just fine.

Second is a 6.5 Grendel. Five years in the making. More issues than I have ever seen. Anderson had it last and it feeds right now and seems to shoot very well.

Third will be a 6x45 when I have the money. Found a factory stock that was a burgundy color. Stripped that puppy down and it is a very nice looking piece of wood.

I have a couple of extra extractors if someone needs one.

I am in the process of having two of the rifles fitted with new bolt handles as with my bear paws I just don't like them.

I will take on the trigger in the morning if I can find that drawing in a much larger size:)

Trust everyone but brand all your calves.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
tag

I am the way, the truth, and the life: no one comes to the Father but by me. John 14:6
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

Old Corps

Semper Fi

Get off my lawn.

FJB
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (02bfishn, 1lessdog, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1337Fungi, 63 invisible), 2,504 guests, and 1,198 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,344
Posts18,468,746
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.